HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 08, 2010, 02:43 PM
innocent victim
Houston TX
Joined May 2007
6,034 Posts
Discussion
Honey Bee II FP Owners V4....

Okay, it's time to continue this on, heres the link to past HBFP owners threads.....

Part 1.........http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=458261

Part 2.........http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=657500

Part 3.........http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=826446

CA and Thread fix........http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ead+Prevention

HBFP Wiki
http://www.eflightwiki.com/eflightwi...tle=HoneyBeeFP

Slysters HBFP Bible
http://www.slyster.com/heli/hbfpbible.html

DD Tail mod
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=855952
Blade_Killer is offline Find More Posts by Blade_Killer
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2010, 04:27 PM
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2009
1,636 Posts
Could you clarify what's the advantage of starting a new thread? Unless this is needed for technical reasons (size of threads on the server?), wouldn't it be simpler to keep all posts in one place, to facilitate searches? Apologies but I wish to understand the practical reason for this.
DMala is offline Find More Posts by DMala
Old Nov 08, 2010, 08:43 PM
innocent victim
Houston TX
Joined May 2007
6,034 Posts
well, as you see there are actually several HBFP threads, the mods asked me to kill the old one because it was too big and causing some server lag, so I did......then I figured I'd open a new one but since I dont come to this forum anymore, someone else will have to deal with it from now on.......good luck ya'll!
Blade_Killer is offline Find More Posts by Blade_Killer
Old Nov 08, 2010, 10:24 PM
Montreal, Québec, Canada
Joined Apr 2010
1,471 Posts
Just installed my SuperBlades EZ but too late to try them...
Ceros007 is offline Find More Posts by Ceros007
Old Nov 08, 2010, 10:48 PM
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2009
1,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros007 View Post
Just installed my SuperBlades EZ but too late to try them...
Good luck, keep us posted on how it goes.
Old Nov 09, 2010, 06:39 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_Killer View Post
well, as you see there are actually several HBFP threads, the mods asked me to kill the old one because it was too big and causing some server lag, so I did......then I figured I'd open a new one but since I dont come to this forum anymore, someone else will have to deal with it from now on.......good luck ya'll!
Great to hear from you again!!! Yes, we were supposed to get another one going even before you left. I think they're supoosed to be about 1,000 posts each. Hope things are going well for you. MANY of the old standby's aren't here anymore.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Nov 09, 2010, 09:04 PM
United States, IL, Carbondale
Joined Jun 2005
443 Posts
Does anybody have a manual for the x-treme head. The newer version?

I'm curious what the different holes on the bell-hiller setup are for (sensitivity?) and what the link lengths should be for the swash to B-H arms.

This is the head I have.

Thanks,

Berardino
baratta930 is offline Find More Posts by baratta930
Last edited by baratta930; Nov 10, 2010 at 12:57 PM.
Old Nov 09, 2010, 10:48 PM
I'm a Registered User
Evansville, WI
Joined Dec 2006
3,686 Posts
I've had my V1 for nearly 4 years now. I've finally reinforced/modded everything to the point where I very rarely break anything anymore(which is great cause V1 parts are starting to get scarce ). Let me tell you, nothing will handle a cartwheel across the lawn like the HB will. Wipe the dirt off, pop the head back on, and I'm back in the air

My most recent addition/mod was to ditch the stock TX because I finally got a dedicated Heli TX, a Futaba 6EXHP. For anyone who's searching in the future, the E-Flite RX crystals work great
Bugman Jeff is offline Find More Posts by Bugman Jeff
Old Nov 13, 2010, 02:46 PM
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2009
1,636 Posts
10 degrees is the way to go...(for me)

I just tried on my HBFPV2 some old Xtreme 8-degree wooden blades that came with a batch of used stuff I bought a while ago. The plastic cover was damaged so I stripped them and re-covered them with masking tape. I also added some thickness (three small tabs of electrician's tape, one on top of another, see picture) to the back of the plate for the blade holder, and after installing them I measured the pitch with a gauge: it is about 10 degrees. The blades were also balanced, of course.

Good results! I only flew tight slow circuits over the sidewalk in front of my driveway, but the Bee had really very good climb-up response, and control seemed slightly more precise than the Superblades XP300 (which I like a lot, as some may have previously noticed). I did not experience the frequent problems of lack of lifting power and altitude control that I have when flying at slow speed and in tight areas with 8-degree wooden blades . So, these 10-degree Frankenblades are keepers, at least for me.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 05:11 PM
Houston, TX
Joined Oct 2010
120 Posts
Super CF flybar, Super Paddles

I recently upgraded to the superskids on my HBFP V2. While I was on their site, I went ahead and ordered their super CF flybar and super paddles.

What differences will the upgraded flybar and paddles make on performance and flight characteristics? Will it be less responsive with the lighter stuff?
naeseth is offline Find More Posts by naeseth
Old Nov 23, 2010, 05:18 PM
Mod it like you stole it!
Joined Jul 2009
566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by naeseth View Post
I recently upgraded to the superskids on my HBFP V2. While I was on their site, I went ahead and ordered their super CF flybar and super paddles.

What differences will the upgraded flybar and paddles make on performance and flight characteristics? Will it be less responsive with the lighter stuff?
It'll be more responsive but less stable. I like it, but if you're still learning it'll probably be a bit much for you. For me it's no problem and the extra responsiveness is much appreciated. I've heard the hb v1 flybar+super paddles is a better balance of stability and responsiveness but I've yet to try it...............Kato
katoace is offline Find More Posts by katoace
Old Nov 23, 2010, 05:36 PM
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2009
1,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by naeseth View Post

For my skill and my taste, the superpaddles make my HBFPV2 too sensitive and unstable. I like to use the V2 paddles with the weight removed (it just screws off), on a B400 (or T-rex 450-style) stainless steel flybar.

I tried to add the HBFP V1 weights to the superpaddles, and the response of the heli seemed a little bit dull. So I went back to the above.

The carbon fiber flybar looks nice but when I was crashing a lot it was too fragile. Now I do not crash much but I have not bothered to try it again.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 08:43 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,743 Posts
Bump!
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Nov 26, 2010, 01:19 PM
To Build, or to Fly..........?
Netherlands
Joined Sep 2010
37 Posts
Has someone tried the new Xtreme metal central hub?

How is it?
Fly_Bye is offline Find More Posts by Fly_Bye
Old Nov 26, 2010, 04:07 PM
I'm a Registered User
Evansville, WI
Joined Dec 2006
3,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly_Bye View Post
Has someone tried the new Xtreme metal central hub?
Dunno, but at the rate I break plastic ones, it would probably be worthwhile

I'm sure it's already listed in one of the 8 billion pages of HBFP stuff, but on the old V1 hub like that, I drilled through it and ran a small screw from end to end basically making the bearing supports a solid piece instead of two fingers. Keeps the bearing fingers from snapping off like they used to.
Bugman Jeff is offline Find More Posts by Bugman Jeff