Old Nov 08, 2010, 12:26 PM
Build ALL the models O_O!
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Oct 2009
837 Posts
Rave
FirmTronics DigiMix - II Programmable Elevon and V-tail mixer

Hi guys,

I thought I should do a quick review of a neat piece of kit I bought recently, it might really help some of you out. I bought an SAS Wildthing 46 EPP sloper a few weeks back, and at the time I only had a GWS V-tail and Elevon mixer which can't be programmed. I didn't want to shell out on a computer Tx just yet, soon perhaps, but for the moment I just wanted to get flying.

The instructions stated that ideally the elevator throw should be 12mm and the ailerons should be 22mm. I looked around a bit and somebody suggested the FirmTronics DigiMix - II Programmable Elevon and V-tail mixer.

I bought mine from The Robot Marketplace for $14.99 and it cost me a few dollars to have it shipped to the UK. It arrived after four days (quick!!) and tonight I finally got round to installing it.

The unit itself is very small and very light. It will fit in anything. It comes with detailed instructions on how to calibrate it and program it - which is very easy to do. Once you have programmed it you simply remove the jumper pin and it stores your settings until you replace the pin to re-program it. It allows between 1% and 120% of normal servo movement, so you can do alot with it.

So, now my Wildthing should fly as intended, and I dodn't have to save up for an expensive Tx! This unit is absolutely ideal for anyone who requires different throw rates on their elevons or V tail, without needing mixing on your Tx. For the price, its an unbeatable little gadget, it sure solved my problem very neatly. So I hope this is useful to other looking for something to do the job.

See you on the slopes!

Will.
WLJayne is offline Find More Posts by WLJayne
to remove ads between posts