HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 13, 2003, 11:30 PM
I am M I G H T Y !
Ipswich, England
Joined Feb 2001
486 Posts
Anyone build the EJF "Bob-E-Cat" for EDF50 or Minifan?

I'd like to see some comments by builders/flyers of the EJF "Bob-E-Cat" for EDF-50 or Minifan before I decide.

It looks like a fun model of a model but I've not seen any comments other than the composite Midifan version thread.

Someone, shed some light please!

May you have as many landings as you do takeoffs,

Steve
------------------------------------------------------------
"Belly down and tails up...Thats how we like it!"
Steve Wrona is offline Find More Posts by Steve Wrona
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 14, 2003, 09:04 PM
mi
Joined Jul 2002
12 Posts
The mirofan is about the least you could use with brushless to get ok flights on the b-e-c23". They show it with a vasa fan on the cd that has the limited instrutions. The GWS is not strong enogh to fly this plane. It has solid basla sides, bottom, horizonal and vertical stabs all 1/8". The former are ~3/32 ply foam blocks and balsa for the top. All balsa and ply laser cut with white foam wng cores and 1/32 sheeting. I only have the kit started with some mods, useing 2 micofans and 250 motors, and built an extra 3" between the wings with cf spar just pass the booms. Proably go with 6-7 k950s. A15 esc, M5 rx, for finish fill seal and paint. No idea of auw or sq ins yet.
tim
FLYBYRF is offline Find More Posts by FLYBYRF