United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucewillman View Post
Luv,

Here are some great 350mm blades for $29:
http://curtisyoungblood.com/products/cf.php

I use these on my Rave, and have been thinking about trying them on the B400...
Currently using the Radix 325s, and they were quite a step up from the wooden blades, quieter and more pop, perfectly balanced.
You just became my best friend!!!!
Thanks!
Even those these are cosmetically flawed I really don't give a rip. Good stuff. Now I still need a servo.
I have been running the 3D 335mm cf blades and love them so far. But I am ready for the stretch.
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 09, 2011, 09:51 PM
Daytona Beach, Florida
Joined Nov 2006
136 Posts
Hi all,

I recently had the spindle shaft on my B-400 fail and the blades, bearings, spacers...everything went away. I've been looking at the exploded parts view and the ref numbers for the very thin shims that go between the O-ring and the step washer that is up against the inboard bearing and between the grip and the headblock. There's usually 3 or four in there. I can't see them mentioned anywhere. I'd appreciate any help on this as that's all that's keeping me from flying..Thanks!! I've attached pages in question...
sunderll is offline Find More Posts by sunderll
Old Jun 09, 2011, 10:18 PM
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,255 Posts
Your looking on the wrong page. Its the same as the shims in the Blade CP, EFLH1144
Roto Rob is offline Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Old Jun 09, 2011, 10:34 PM
Daytona Beach, Florida
Joined Nov 2006
136 Posts
thank you!!
sunderll is offline Find More Posts by sunderll
Old Jun 19, 2011, 03:14 PM
Just go with the flow
Modesto, CA
Joined Nov 2006
3,207 Posts
Is there a Finless Bob video on setting up the Blade 400 on a JR 9030 ? Looking for Throttle and Pitch Curves.

Thanks
gofly
goflyhighrc is online now Find More Posts by goflyhighrc
Old Jun 20, 2011, 12:04 AM
Professional heli wrecker
Joined Oct 2010
4,239 Posts
Quote:
Luv,

Here are some great 350mm blades for $29:
http://curtisyoungblood.com/products/cf.php

I use these on my Rave, and have been thinking about trying them on the B400...
Currently using the Radix 325s, and they were quite a step up from the wooden blades, quieter and more pop, perfectly balanced.
I received two pairs of them (Radix 350mm fbl blades) and they are uncannily balanced absolutely spot on. I also spent quite some time talking the the tech guy on the phone. He knows his stuff. When they showed up I looked them over quite carefully. Except for some microscopic flaws in the clear coat these are perfect. Thanks for the link!
Here they are compared with my 3D 335's and on the balancer untouched.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 02:27 AM
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goflyhighrc View Post
Is there a Finless Bob video on setting up the Blade 400 on a JR 9030 ? Looking for Throttle and Pitch Curves.

Thanks
gofly
You can use the stock throttle, and pitch curves. Just need to extrapolate them out over the increased points.
Roto Rob is offline Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Old Jun 20, 2011, 01:32 PM
USA, TX, Austin
Joined Jul 2003
304 Posts
Luvmyhelis,

Just wait until you fly the Radix blades!
brucewillman is offline Find More Posts by brucewillman
Old Jun 20, 2011, 01:36 PM
Yo Mamas toy boy
UK
Joined Dec 2008
140 Posts
Whats the best motor you guys have found?
CaptainCarling is offline Find More Posts by CaptainCarling
Old Jun 20, 2011, 02:53 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCarling View Post
Whats the best motor you guys have found?
This is the unequivocal champ.
http://www.readyheli.com/Scorpion-HK...r_p_36988.html

And pics of my last heli before I did the fbl upgrade.
Last edited by Luvmyhelis; Jun 20, 2011 at 03:12 PM.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 03:05 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,239 Posts
Quote:
Luvmyhelis,

Just wait until you fly the Radix blades!
There are a ton of guys at HF that have flown them on their trex's. And a few on the B400 forum. All the reports are good. They fly stable, autorotate very well, and using the 6s mod they rip in pitch changes. But for 3d I was informed by one senior member that the 335s still are the blade of choice for "flying good smack" as he puts it. For what I consider myself as an intermediately skilled flyer these should be impressive. I was doing 3D my first day on the sim, I still practice it and quite frankly although I am impressed by the skill some have in doing it, it is not my favorite overall flying style. So these blades should rock my world!
Old Jun 20, 2011, 03:08 PM
Yo Mamas toy boy
UK
Joined Dec 2008
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
This is the unequivocal champ.
http://www.readyheli.com/Scorpion-HK...r_p_36988.html

And a pic of my last heli before I did the fbl upgrade.
Thanks, would a scorpion 35amp esc be ok with that and would i need any other mods to support it
Old Jun 20, 2011, 03:36 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,239 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, would a scorpion 35amp esc be ok with that and would i need any other mods to support it
I don't believe the esc you mentioned can support 6s if I am not mistaken.
Edit:
I just saw the thread you started asking for help on your motor selection for this esc. Perhaps Jasmine will chime in here with his opinion. My thoughts are that anything 3800ma and smaller should work safely. I am not sure you want to push the scorp esc to its limits due to some earlier posts I have read.
Last edited by Luvmyhelis; Jun 20, 2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 03:54 PM
Yo Mamas toy boy
UK
Joined Dec 2008
140 Posts
Im just after a good quality motor, and i like the look of the scorpion ones. If you know a good replacment for the standard blade one, that would be good enough.
Thanks for your help
Old Jun 20, 2011, 04:06 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,239 Posts
Quote:
Im just after a good quality motor, and i like the look of the scorpion ones. If you know a good replacment for the standard blade one, that would be good enough.
Thanks for your help
Unfortunately the rest of the Scorpion lineup has had a cannonball sized price increase on the entire 3s line of scorpion motors to the tune of almost $80ea. If you can find any of them anywhere still in stock at the earlier $49 to $54 price range with the starting sequence in 2200#s I would quickly pull the trigger. Honestly though there are lots of serious contenders that will fit the bill for you at half the cost. I haven't looked at the other thread yet but I have no doubts you will have lots of choices before it goes on too long.
Last night when the Readyheli 20% off fathers day sale was happening I stared hard and long at the motors I linked. It would make sense to have all of my 450s running on the 6s mod, but I am trying to reign in my finances.