Old May 10, 2011, 05:41 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
If you ever hit 100% efficiency, you need to apply for a Nobel Prize in physics

And yes, one hour flights are possible, but I don't know if it can be done with electric. I flew a Parkzone Vapor for 23 minutes one day at the mall, and that was just done with throttle management, so I know that a nice floater plane can fly for a long time - but it needs to maintain some airspeed too, cuz we're going to be going somewhere, not just floating around.

Lol, yes, I would. But the closest thing we have is poor theoretical math that does not take into account resistance voltage loss and such. I just ordered in a large flying vtype plane from HK for a friend of mine. It has 20 minute flight times with a 1800ma 3c batt and this thing moves. Having something agressive up there for a full hour would be fairly intense. Quite honestly I am grateful for the breaks in flights now due to charging cycles.
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Last edited by Luvmyhelis; May 15, 2011 at 01:39 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2011, 05:55 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
Lol, yes, I would. But the closest thing we have is poor theoretical math that does not take into account resistance voltage loss and such. I just ordered in a large flying vtype plane from HK for a friend of mine. It has 20 minute flight times with a 1300ma 3c batt and this thing moves. Having something agressive up there for a full hour would be fairly intense. Quite honestly I am grateful for the breaks in flights now due to charging cycles.
Yeah you need to get one of these and go racing boy! Boogity boogity!

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darrell_Waltrip)
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old May 10, 2011, 06:06 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,259 Posts
Quote:

Exactly the same design!
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10358
Shoot, while I was there I picked up a couple of 1800ma turnigies from the U.S. warehouse that are usually hard to get for this.
Last edited by Luvmyhelis; May 10, 2011 at 06:15 PM.
Old May 11, 2011, 02:41 AM
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,312 Posts
Quote:

Done. Did mine in gold. Dang it was expensive.
Roto Rob is offline Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Old May 11, 2011, 09:53 AM
Joined Apr 2011
15 Posts
does not look like a B400, or at least highly modded
bobscomp is offline Find More Posts by bobscomp
Old May 11, 2011, 10:36 AM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto Rob View Post
Done. Did mine in gold. Dang it was expensive.
You gonna come racin with us now? Cuz if you do...

Just don't be a Chuck... slowest Stryker I've ever seen... I think it's the wheels and the "artwork" on that one that slows it down. If you've seen it you know what I mean...
Old May 11, 2011, 01:38 PM
Dyslexic crash pro!
Westminster, CO
Joined Jun 2008
1,554 Posts
This Stryker thing must be a rite of passage that I haven't done yet.....
loopy1 is offline Find More Posts by loopy1
Old May 11, 2011, 02:36 PM
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,312 Posts
Quote:
You gonna come racin with us now? Cuz if you do...
Built it for that.
Just need to figure out how to get enough time, to make it to the field.
Old May 11, 2011, 04:46 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopy1 View Post
This Stryker thing must be a rite of passage that I haven't done yet.....
It's a locally popular airframe - less now than a couple years ago. It's Frank, Chuck, Duane, and me - we're the speed pushers. Stryker BLUE was my second plane I ever bought. They are good wind planes, which is something you need around here.

When we have racing days, I will let you guys know. We had one 'official' race at our field last year, plus the practice sessions, AND - we can set up the pylons any time we want to.
Old May 11, 2011, 07:22 PM
Dyslexic crash pro!
Westminster, CO
Joined Jun 2008
1,554 Posts
Cool, I might have to get one and join in the fun!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled B400 thread.......
Old May 11, 2011, 07:36 PM
Dyslexic crash pro!
Westminster, CO
Joined Jun 2008
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
I agree, but only.............................................. And it is much better to learn this on the sim.

Yep, the sim is the best way to go to learn any of it, and should be used to learn any new moves before trying them out in real life. Even a slight negative pitch will slam you pretty hard up here in the thinner air if you dump the throttle unless you have a pretty good headwind. For me, it is the one thing I would have changed about learning heli flying.- To learn the TH switch instinctively first so I wouldn't have to re-train my fingers and spend all that time fixing my B400 (of course, all that practice made me pretty good at fixing it too....). Like I said earlier, there is no single correct way for everyone. To each, their own...

/Dave
Old May 11, 2011, 11:25 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopy1 View Post
Yep, the sim is the best way to go to learn any of it, and should be used to learn any new moves before trying them out in real life. Even a slight negative pitch will slam you pretty hard up here in the thinner air if you dump the throttle unless you have a pretty good headwind. For me, it is the one thing I would have changed about learning heli flying.- To learn the TH switch instinctively first so I wouldn't have to re-train my fingers and spend all that time fixing my B400 (of course, all that practice made me pretty good at fixing it too....). Like I said earlier, there is no single correct way for everyone. To each, their own...

/Dave
Yes and yes!
Old May 14, 2011, 08:45 AM
Grand Rapids MI.
Joined Feb 2011
404 Posts
pLANKS?

I haven't been on here in a week and the b400 thread looks like a plank thread...WTH
Just kidding love the info guys.
Btw I have been working near Columbus OH and will be for the summer...does anyone know of good club or flying field near there???
I found one but its the high dollar crowd and I was basically told they didn't want my big ugly work truck sitting along the flight line with thier caddies and bmw's....Lol i was forced to use some choice words, against my better judgement.
Nothing like giving a hard working hobbiest a taste in his mouth for the potentiel flying fun!
OTTOFLYS is offline Find More Posts by OTTOFLYS
Old May 14, 2011, 02:43 PM
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTTOFLYS View Post

I haven't been on here in a week and the b400 thread looks like a plank thread...WTH------
Crash your Blade, and its cheaper to fix it with $25 of foam.
Old May 15, 2011, 11:53 AM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTTOFLYS View Post
I found one but its the high dollar crowd and I was basically told they didn't want my big ugly work truck sitting along the flight line with thier caddies and bmw's....Lol i was forced to use some choice words, against my better judgement.
Sounds like they deserved it. Sometimes, all it takes is one person's viewpoint to fix someone else's perspective. I probably would have pulled out and scraped across one of the BMWs just for fun - work trucks have great insurance