HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 14, 2010, 06:53 PM
Slowly but Shirley
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jan 2009
1,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedwearsahat View Post
Blade strike set it loose, many flew it, some hard, some more gently, BladeCX2Runner even put pretty lights on it. Slyster wrote a good book about it, Roto Rob answered questions a'plenty and Loopy crashed it.

Jasmine did a re-build video so Fishboy put it back together and used subtrim to get it on topic. Fast didn't want it to burn out like he had experienced in the past so he removed the subtrim and manually centred the arms. osterizer added a different perspective, so grnbrg swapped in some $3 servos and Steve Klyce endurance tested it...

...but then SOMEONE forgot to turn on Idle Up and she went inverted into the ground.

Luckily, FR4 got it on three seperate cameras and recorded it, edited and posted a 24 esque blow by blow account. Everyone watched and ate popcorn. I fell asleep.

Now we're all here.

It's been.......... EMOTIONAL.

Ya where is Grnbrg ? and what about that Copter X ? Best Regards.
segroegt is offline Find More Posts by segroegt
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2010, 08:22 PM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Aug 2010
8 Posts
LMAO tedwearsahat thanks for the update so what are we doing these days about a very hot esc? still doing the bec thing?
Mrheliwrecker is offline Find More Posts by Mrheliwrecker
Old Nov 14, 2010, 08:39 PM
Slowly but Shirley
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jan 2009
1,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrheliwrecker View Post
LMAO tedwearsahat thanks for the update so what are we doing these days about a very hot esc? still doing the bec thing?
Or you change for a 35 A ESC programmable with 2 Becs like the Align 35 A serie X. or Castle Creations (Phoenix) or others. Good luck and Best Regards.
segroegt is offline Find More Posts by segroegt
Old Nov 14, 2010, 09:44 PM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Aug 2010
8 Posts
thanks dude
Mrheliwrecker is offline Find More Posts by Mrheliwrecker
Old Nov 15, 2010, 12:13 AM
Joined Oct 2010
21 Posts
Alpha 400 motor & Align ESC

I have an extra Alpha 400 motor and Align 35A ESC and was wondering if they could be used in my B400?
kies277 is offline Find More Posts by kies277
Old Nov 15, 2010, 11:30 AM
SUCK LESS
United States, IL, Lombard
Joined May 2009
3,609 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kies277 View Post
I have an extra Alpha 400 motor and Align 35A ESC and was wondering if they could be used in my B400?
The Alpha 400 can be used on the B400: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1238188

I used the stock 25A ESC but the Align one should work too.

-John
FR4-Pilot is offline Find More Posts by FR4-Pilot
Last edited by FR4-Pilot; Nov 15, 2010 at 08:39 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 07:45 PM
Dyslexic crash pro!
Westminster, CO
Joined Jun 2008
1,557 Posts
Quote:
.......... and Loopy crashed it.

Well, I guess there's my 15 minutes......
loopy1 is offline Find More Posts by loopy1
Old Nov 15, 2010, 08:44 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopy1 View Post
Nice... my life is complete now

Forever known as the guy who chicken danced the blade... and hell, I flew it balls to the wall into a chain link fence and even broke the frikkin fence and I'm known for the rebuild? Really makes me wish I had that crash on video.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Nov 15, 2010, 09:43 PM
Joined Oct 2010
25 Posts
Well I finally got my Ebay disaster Blade 400 all rebuilt, leveled, etc...

Got the new Scorpion Motor in too, nice and easy drop-in replacement for anyone looking for a motor with rhe same power as the stock 420 outrunner but with serviceable bearings that don't suck.

You do need something better than the stock BEC though as this Scorpion is 32A continuous.

Scorpion HKII-2213-14
http://www.scorpionsystem.com/catalo...22/HK-2213-14/

Thanks for everyone's help so far!

Now I just need to get this thing trimmed properly and out in some space to get comfortable with it, it's a little bigger than my 120SR.
Unsta is offline Find More Posts by Unsta
Old Nov 15, 2010, 10:27 PM
Honolulu, HI
Joined Jun 2007
175 Posts
esc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauaicuda View Post
OK heres a question....

I have been experiencing some issues that I think have been caused in part by some ESC performance issues.

I want to replace the ESC before it smokes, also goint o be changing the cyclic servos soon, and I am running a GY401, so I would be needing a BEC anyway.

Can anyone make a reccomendation on a decent moderately priced ESC that's very reliable and can give me worry free performance?

I dont do aerobatics, just sport flying. Some filps and rolls here and there.
I like the CC Phoenix ESCs. I have several 25amps in planes, a couple 35 in my two B400 and a 45 in my pylon racer. None have ever given me any problems.

You can get used ones for a decent price in the F/S threads.
bdp3822 is offline Find More Posts by bdp3822
Old Nov 16, 2010, 06:19 AM
Can't-Get-Right
Souf' East UK
Joined Aug 2008
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopy1 View Post
You can thank Jasmine for reminding us of that!

And don't think you have the monopoly on crashes. I have made some really daft mistakes....

I give you the common "should have switched to IU" AND the equally common "not the smoothest auto ever" moments neatly shown in a single flight.

Blade 400 - Tough As Old Boots - 24/07/10 (4 min 26 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
Forever known as the guy who chicken danced the blade... and hell, I flew it balls to the wall into a chain link fence and even broke the frikkin fence and I'm known for the rebuild? Really makes me wish I had that crash on video.
Rumour has it they heard the din in Utah.

[PS - Wasn't trying to summarise what you, or anyone else, is known for (do you REALLY wanna know!? ), just pick a few personal highlights, that all caused discussion, from the previous thread. Given my addled brain it's a miracle I can remember my own name, let alone what was written in a thread containing 20k posts. ]
tedwearsahat is offline Find More Posts by tedwearsahat
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:14 AM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,460 Posts
Definitely fun, and a good run-down of the past couple years of Blade 400 discussion.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:38 AM
SUCK LESS
United States, IL, Lombard
Joined May 2009
3,609 Posts
Blade 400 - Tough As Old Boots - 24/07/10 (4 min 26 sec)

I love this video - next year I'm not cutting my grass so I can practice inverted hovering in the back yard ... "but honey, it's so I don't break the heli..."

-John
FR4-Pilot is offline Find More Posts by FR4-Pilot
Old Nov 16, 2010, 01:41 PM
Bournemouth - UK
Joined Feb 2009
204 Posts
Quote:
I give you the common "should have switched to IU"... ]
Ahhh that got me this weekend gone. Just getting into loops and rolls, got to the top of a big loop went to roll out of it wasn't in IU watched as the heli fell out the sky. Never mind just another rebuild
hedgeheli is offline Find More Posts by hedgeheli
Old Nov 16, 2010, 07:11 PM
Dyslexic crash pro!
Westminster, CO
Joined Jun 2008
1,557 Posts
I'm not complainin'! Ted, I laughed through the whole summary!

/Dave
loopy1 is offline Find More Posts by loopy1