HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 08, 2010, 06:41 PM
Dyslexic crash pro!
Westminster, CO
Joined Jun 2008
1,554 Posts
Dead video= ..........suspense...... (yes, I am rather easily entertained. )

Hobby King/City has one that will do that if it ever comes back into stock. I got this one.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=10093

It's got a cmos chip, so if you're flying with it your video looks like jello. I don't use mine on the heli anymore. Best to try to find a cam with a ccd.

T-Rex 600 Onboard Video Jello 1 (7 min 5 sec)

/Dave

I forgot, the sound turned to static for some reason in the middle of my flight, but came back later. And also it saves video every 2 minutes and loses a couple of seconds on each save. It's ok for taping to your hat, but not for aerail videos....
loopy1 is offline Find More Posts by loopy1
Last edited by loopy1; Dec 08, 2010 at 07:20 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2010, 07:09 PM
SUCK LESS
United States, IL, Lombard
Joined May 2009
3,516 Posts
There are some video cams available on Ebay (search for "808 Car Keys") that weigh only 15g. Cost around $15. Not voice activated, but small and cheap.
FR4-Pilot is online now Find More Posts by FR4-Pilot
Last edited by FR4-Pilot; Dec 09, 2010 at 08:51 AM.
Old Dec 08, 2010, 07:58 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,419 Posts
Hey Dave, did you have the camera on the 600 last weekend?
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Dec 08, 2010, 08:21 PM
Dyslexic crash pro!
Westminster, CO
Joined Jun 2008
1,554 Posts
No, I took it off. It kind of makes me queesy when I look at the result. Wold have been nice for that "dang near" though. I have the HK FPV cam on the B400. Still looking for time for a flight test. It's passed all of the ground tests so far without too much static.
Old Dec 08, 2010, 08:24 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,419 Posts
Yeah I'm sorry I left early on ya like that - us skinny bitches get cold easily this time of year

Next time we're out there, we can do a flight and I'll watch the goggles and you can fly around, or the other way around.
Old Dec 08, 2010, 08:27 PM
Dyslexic crash pro!
Westminster, CO
Joined Jun 2008
1,554 Posts
Looks decent, John! I'll have to try that software. Do you have a link for it or did it come with the cam?

edit: OK, I found it. Thanks! I'll give it a try.
Last edited by loopy1; Dec 08, 2010 at 08:34 PM.
Old Dec 08, 2010, 08:30 PM
Dyslexic crash pro!
Westminster, CO
Joined Jun 2008
1,554 Posts
OK, I might try for Sunday if I can get away and the weather doesn't suck. Saturday looks like wind so far on weather.com, but that might work too if it's not too bad.
Old Dec 09, 2010, 12:52 AM
Fly
Germany, HE, Heppenheim
Joined Sep 2009
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
I was just a little amused at the idea of voice-activation for a camera actually ON the helicopter, cuz I don't think it's going to be able to hear you over all the noise that the helicopter makes. If it just comes on at any sound, that would maybe save some memory by only recording the action. However, since you should never post video without at least a cursory edit and rendering, I don't see the advantage of cutting out that dead video from the original.
No kidding? One guy take a shot and everyone jumps in, nice forum...
I guess more people should practice reading comprehension, the question I had was;
"Does anybody know of where I may purchase a small, reliable voice activated mini cam".
No where was it mentioned that I plan on permanently affixing the minin cam to my heli.
One should never ass-u-me anything, like ones ability to operate a camera, or especially
that a voice activated camera will be used strictly on a RC helicopter.
bo90 is offline Find More Posts by bo90
Last edited by bo90; Dec 09, 2010 at 01:49 AM.
Old Dec 09, 2010, 06:55 AM
Slowly but Shirley
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jan 2009
1,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bo90 View Post
No kidding? One guy take a shot and everyone jumps in, nice forum...
I guess more people should practice reading comprehension, the question I had was;
"Does anybody know of where I may purchase a small, reliable voice activated mini cam".
No where was it mentioned that I plan on permanently affixing the minin cam to my heli.
One should never ass-u-me anything, like ones ability to operate a camera, or especially
that a voice activated camera will be used strictly on a RC helicopter.
Hey Mister pilot, We like to laugh just a bit , you know the world is so sad and not funny these days ,so we like to laugh. Maybe get a small figurine pilot that can say Stop or Cut, in the heli. LOL . Good luck and Best Regards. Ps : Jasmine maybe he should get a megaphone LOL.
segroegt is offline Find More Posts by segroegt
Old Dec 09, 2010, 07:04 AM
Fly
Germany, HE, Heppenheim
Joined Sep 2009
134 Posts
Yer right segroegt, I had enough dealing with bad guys in my lifetime, I enjoy a good
laugh as often as possible. Jasmine is one heck of a good pilot, she can make those
little helis do some amazing stunts, not to mention she makes a lot of good tutorial
videos.

Fun is the name of the game :-)
Old Dec 09, 2010, 07:14 AM
Slowly but Shirley
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jan 2009
1,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bo90 View Post
Yer right segroegt, I had enough dealing with bad guys in my lifetime, I enjoy a good
laugh as often as possible. Jasmine is one heck of a good pilot, she can make those
little helis do some amazing stunts, not to mention she makes a lot of good tutorial
videos.

Fun is the name of the game :-)
Now that is the spirit. By the way I enjoyed your video, keep it up. Go Steelers Go. Best Regards. Ps: You are so right about Jasmine. I can fly and fix my heli. because of Jasmine. We are fortunate to have her with us.
segroegt is offline Find More Posts by segroegt
Old Dec 09, 2010, 11:35 AM
SUCK LESS
United States, IL, Lombard
Joined May 2009
3,516 Posts
Voice activated camera ...

bo90: "Does anybody know of where I may purchase a small, reliable voice activated mini cam, one I can mount on the bottom of the heli? "

Just found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-720-480-Spy-...item3a5bf6fd9b

And an HD (?) version of the one I've been using (now I'm interested in this one if it's not fake):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=150526908291

-John
FR4-Pilot is online now Find More Posts by FR4-Pilot
Last edited by FR4-Pilot; Dec 09, 2010 at 12:09 PM.
Old Dec 09, 2010, 11:59 AM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,419 Posts
Thanks guys... nice to be appreciated. There is a tentative plan to do some DX8 and JR X9503 videos over the weekend - we'll see how that comes out.

I'm currently in the market for a new camera myself. Looking for an HD camcorder with good zoom and optical stabilization. There's probably 50 different cameras that meet my needs, and 50 different prices for each one depending on where you buy it. So just trying to throw a little levity into the whole camera buying adventure.
Old Dec 09, 2010, 12:23 PM
Fly
Germany, HE, Heppenheim
Joined Sep 2009
134 Posts
Thanks FR4-Pilot, I'll check them out.
Jasmie, I've had a Cannon Rebel XSI for a couple of years now, great camera..,
but hard to view an entire 12 meg picture unless you have it in poster size.
Last edited by bo90; Dec 09, 2010 at 12:29 PM.
Old Dec 09, 2010, 02:36 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,419 Posts
Yeah my mom uses the Rebel to get shots like this one: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...Male_Akira.jpg

I'm not so sure about this new line of DSLR that shoot video - seems like primarily a still camera and the video is added-on, making me suspect that the better quality video will be shot with a dedicated video camera. What really bugs me about this process is that whatever I buy needs to be good for a few years, so I'd really like to use the camera for at least one event, and really check it out. You just don't know what the complete experience will be like until you've shot a couple hours of video and had time to bring it into an editor and work with it a little bit. Throwing a little humor at this process kinda helps.