HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 24, 2010, 06:08 AM
Darwin
Joined Aug 2002
708 Posts
Mine are payed for TO

Any one tell me more of RC TX flying yet.

GOOD or not
CrocEnd is offline Find More Posts by CrocEnd
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2010, 06:10 AM
Darwin
Joined Aug 2002
708 Posts
Hey Buffy what OSD are you useing

Cheer's Croc
Old Nov 24, 2010, 06:51 AM
Joined Feb 2005
2,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrocEnd View Post
Hey Buffy what OSD are you useing

Cheer's Croc
Croc. I have a Dragon OSD but it's not for the drone. The breakout board that I used to program the OSD will work with the yellowjacket.

Brian.
Buffythesaint is online now Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Nov 24, 2010, 08:02 AM
Bangkok, Thailand
Joined Jul 2002
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffythesaint View Post
The yellowjacket arrived safe and sound. Does the breakout board plug straight in? When it says txo, on the yellowjacket, does it go to rxi on the breakout board? Can the antenna be removed or is it needed? Could you please post a wire layout so I can get started.

Cheers, Brian.
I fly with the antenna disconnected. Should be OK as the WiFi chip has a copper antenna line on the PCB.
Mheeli is offline Find More Posts by Mheeli
Old Nov 24, 2010, 08:04 AM
Bangkok, Thailand
Joined Jul 2002
220 Posts
I have updated the initial post with the writeup and all the files required for this project.

This should keep you busy for a day or 2.

I will continue the writeup when I got some sleep
Old Nov 24, 2010, 06:13 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,491 Posts
Ready to roll. Very easy to solder up, thanks to Mheeli. You da man!! I was able to program the YJ and recieved "move sticks" commands. Just need to wait for the start up procedure. Need to know the channel designations(norm/rev), that sort of thing. Hope to have a test flight indoors this Friday.

Cheers, Brian.
Last edited by Buffythesaint; Nov 24, 2010 at 07:11 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 07:49 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,270 Posts
wow. very nice

I can not wait to get my yellowjacket.
witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Old Nov 24, 2010, 07:50 PM
Bangkok, Thailand
Joined Jul 2002
220 Posts
Wow, that's quick and very neat wiring. What Rx are u using? I'm glad the Sketch worked as designed , so far.

I just finished flying around in my garden using my iPod as video downlink. This thing is soooooo relaxing to fly, not like my other toy

I will update the radio setup procedure later today.
Last edited by Mheeli; Nov 24, 2010 at 09:23 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 08:19 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mheeli View Post
Wow, that's quick and very neat wiring. What Rx are u using? I'm glad the Sketch worked as designed , so far.

I just finished flying around in my garden using my iPod as video downlink. This thing is soooooo relaxing to fly, not like my ore toy

I will update the radio setup procedure later today.
Thats one sweet looking heli The YJ was easy to do. I have a MK quad to put together. Alot more soldering then the YJ. I'm using an AR6200, without the sat rx.

Brian.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 03:49 AM
Darwin
Joined Aug 2002
708 Posts
Buffy thanx
I have full Eagle tree stuff and imersion I think thats it
Old Nov 25, 2010, 04:19 AM
Bangkok, Thailand
Joined Jul 2002
220 Posts
The first post is now updated with the full write up. Many thanks for your interests. It's a fun project.

Next project. UAV Ar.Drone with return to Launch capability ....

Enjoy, and keep it safe....
Old Nov 25, 2010, 04:46 AM
Joined Jan 2008
167 Posts
Hi Mheeli!

Thanks for sharing your work, and congratulation, very simple and should be very efficient.

I'm thinking about a similar project with:
- anticolision system using 5 (Front Left, FR, RL, RR, Top) ultrasonic sensor to add some limits to the signal
- same idea of GPS and UAV

I'm a beginner in drone & robotics.
Will yellowjack be enough to add GPS and 5 analogic input? Will CPU manage additionnal fonctions?

Thanks

RolluS
RolluS is offline Find More Posts by RolluS
Old Nov 25, 2010, 05:31 AM
Bangkok, Thailand
Joined Jul 2002
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolluS View Post
Hi Mheeli!

Thanks for sharing your work, and congratulation, very simple and should be very efficient.

I'm thinking about a similar project with:
- anticolision system using 5 (Front Left, FR, RL, RR, Top) ultrasonic sensor to add some limits to the signal
- same idea of GPS and UAV

I'm a beginner in drone & robotics.
Will yellowjack be enough to add GPS and 5 analogic input? Will CPU manage additionnal fonctions?

Thanks

RolluS
GPS should be possible as the update rate is only 1-4Hz. But 5 Ultrasound sensors might be pushing it. Alternatively, we can always add another Arduino mini and talk to the YJ via serial.

It cost less than $20 and very light

I was thinking the same line as yours, but only for the top ultrasound. This is to keep the drone from hitting the ceiling.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 11:05 AM
Joined Jan 2008
167 Posts
Hi!

Thanks for your answear

The top sensor would be to prevent hitting the ceiling yeah
Something funny would to integrate ultrasonic sensors in the indoor shell, and gps in the outdoor hull...

Have you took a look to the firmware of the drone? Is it possible to modify rates, motor speed?

Another project is to make the drone full variable pitch or direct drive.
Variable pitch needs 2 ways for motor speeds (yaw) and 4 ways for pitch & roll
Direct drive needs probably some fine tuning of motor speeds.
Both would be more efficient (more autonomy and less sound). Variable pitch may let it do some aerobatics depends of internals gyros, I don't know if they sucks or not, because it's cheap...)

++

RolluS
RolluS is offline Find More Posts by RolluS
Old Nov 25, 2010, 12:06 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,491 Posts
Success so far. Everything is as it should be up to step 8. I had to reverse the airleron, elevator and rudder channels in my tx. Now at step 8, I run cmd and get the dos looking window. I type in telnet 192.168.1.1 and get nothing. It doesn't recognize this command. What am I doing wrong?

Brian.

BTW, I did unpar and connected the wi-fi before running cmd. Also, when I first had a look in the monitor window, I had the "move stick to middle" line. I had it either way the gear switch was. I then adjusted the travel throw for the gear channel. Default for my JR9303 is -100% to +100%. I had to change it to -138% to +138% to get the "1 grounded" line.

Another thing I noticed was the dead zone on the throttle, when in the middle. When I was in the monitor window, you could move the throttle up/down a bit before it moves from 0.0, no need for a flatter throttle curve. Nice feature Mheeli, good catch.
Last edited by Buffythesaint; Nov 25, 2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 03:52 PM
Bangkok, Thailand
Joined Jul 2002
220 Posts
Quote:
Success so far. Everything is as it should be up to step 8. I had to reverse the airleron, elevator and rudder channels in my tx. Now at step 8, I run cmd and get the dos looking window. I type in telnet 192.168.1.1 and get nothing. It doesn't recognize this command. What am I doing wrong?

Brian.
Which windows version are you running?
Old Nov 25, 2010, 03:56 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,491 Posts
Quote:
Which windows version are you running?
Windows 7 home premium
Old Nov 25, 2010, 04:09 PM
Bangkok, Thailand
Joined Jul 2002
220 Posts
Quote:
Windows 7 home premium
Looks like MS removed the telnet client. I'm still on XP.

I will look around Internet to see any free Telnet client available.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 04:14 PM
Bangkok, Thailand
Joined Jul 2002
220 Posts
Please follow the below link to install Telnet client on your Windows 7. It's available, just not installed by default.

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/4230/...telnet-client/
Old Nov 25, 2010, 04:22 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,491 Posts
Quote:
Please follow the below link to install Telnet client on your Windows 7. It's available, just not installed by default.

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/4230/...telnet-client/
I have it installed. Time to make supper for the kids. I'll try later. Does my firewall need to be turned off?
Old Nov 25, 2010, 04:34 PM
Bangkok, Thailand
Joined Jul 2002
220 Posts
Quote:
I have it installed. Time to make supper for the kids. I'll try later. Does my firewall need to be turned off?
You mean, you already had it installed before? What was the error when you typed in the telnet 192.168.1.1 command?

What output do you get with the ping command?

ping 192.168.1.1

And yes, might be a good idea to turn off Windows 7 firewall temporary.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 06:09 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,491 Posts
Quote:
You mean, you already had it installed before? What was the error when you typed in the telnet 192.168.1.1 command?

What output do you get with the ping command?

ping 192.168.1.1

And yes, might be a good idea to turn off Windows 7 firewall temporary.
Telnet was already on my PC, just needed to enable it. Step 8 is now complete. Everything went as planned. Now step 9. All I need to do is load the file, edit and flash just that file? My wifi calls my drone ardrone_048218 . Is this what I put in place of the red word "drone"?
Old Nov 25, 2010, 06:42 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,491 Posts
I tried ardrone_048218, ardrone, without the " " and it didn't recognize it. I must of missed something.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 08:18 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,491 Posts
It Flies!!!!!!!. It had to be "ardrone_048218". Remember to use the " ". I was able to bring it up in a hover. Go up/down, left/right and fore/aft and land. It is very sensitive. I'll be trying lower rates and expo. I'll also flatten out the throttle curve. It doesn't take much off centre to climb. I need the sticks less sensitive. If all goes well, I'll post some indoor flight video this Friday. This is exciting!!. Thanks Mheeli for all your hard work, much appreciated.

Cheers, Brian.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 10:09 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,491 Posts
Mheeli.

Can I use my flightrecord app to record my flight and use my rc tx at the same time?
Old Nov 26, 2010, 02:06 AM
Bangkok, Thailand
Joined Jul 2002
220 Posts
Quote:
It Flies!!!!!!!. It had to be "ardrone_048218". Remember to use the " ". I was able to bring it up in a hover. Go up/down, left/right and fore/aft and land. It is very sensitive. I'll be trying lower rates and expo. I'll also flatten out the throttle curve. It doesn't take much off centre to climb. I need the sticks less sensitive. If all goes well, I'll post some indoor flight video this Friday. This is exciting!!. Thanks Mheeli for all your hard work, much appreciated.

Cheers, Brian.
That's quick, congrat! Video please.

As for the sensitivity, I use Ar.Freeflight to set the max values. I played around with max values in Ar.Freeflight. The values below works quite well. You can then further fine tune the exponential values on your Tx.

For the dead zone values. You can edit the value in the user_config.h file to your liking. Towards the bottom where it says "Mid stick dead zone" The higher the values the bigger the dead zone.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 02:09 AM
Bangkok, Thailand
Joined Jul 2002
220 Posts
Quote:
Mheeli.

Can I use my flightrecord app to record my flight and use my rc tx at the same time?
I do not have flight record app, so cannot comment. But I used the latest version of Ar.Freeflight in "Unpair" mode. Worked OK for a few minutes then it stopped. Will need to investigate a bit further.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 02:17 AM
Joined Nov 2010
65 Posts
Quote:
Next project. UAV Ar.Drone with return to Launch capability ....
Very interested to this project.
I'm seeking for an application with GPS based PID algorithm (send AT commands AT*PCMD to UDP port 5556).
Such application source code can be compiled and run either on YellowJacket or on AR.Drone as both of them are based on UDP Socket programming.

Currently, I'm able to attach a GPS onto the serial port of AR.Drone, and receive GPS NMEA data from /dev/ttyPA0.

The difficulty of the GPS based PID algorithm is: need to know the heading direction and Yaw (need to know the geomagnetic north), so AT*PCMD can be used to guide AR.Drone to the target Waypoint).
MAPGPS is offline Find More Posts by MAPGPS
Last edited by MAPGPS; Nov 26, 2010 at 02:41 AM.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 02:45 AM
Bangkok, Thailand
Joined Jul 2002
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAPGPS View Post
Very interested to this project.
I'm seeking for an application with GPS based PID algorithm (send AT commands AT*PCMD to UDP port 5556).
Such application source code can be compiled and run either on YellowJacket or on AR.Drone as both of them are based on UDP Socket programming.

Currently, I'm able to attach a GPS onto the serial port of AR.Drone, and receive GPS NMEA data from /dev/ttyPA0.
Welcome to Rc Groups MAPGPS. Your Ar.Drone java apps helped me a lot.

I've written a program that's running inside my other Ar.Drone. The program reads commands from /dev/ttyPA0 and then send UDP AT* commands to the local host of the drone. So it's possible to write a program and read the NMEA from GPS then command the Drone to a fix way point and back to launch.

But we need to be able to manually control the drone at the same time. So this is what I was thinking.

Tx -> Rx -> [Arduino mini with GPS module] -> Ar.Drone serial port.

For the GPS PID , I'm studying some of source code at diydrones.com

Very difficult to understand though. I did not pay much attention to my math teacher at school.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 03:43 AM
Joined Nov 2010
65 Posts
To be able to manually control the AR.Drone at the same time, an alternative is:
Tx -> Rx -> YellowJacket -> Ar.Drone WiFi --\
GPS module -> Ar.Drone serial port ----------\---> on-drone app -> AT Commands processor (program.elf)

The on-drone app will listen on UDP port 15556, and mix the AT commands received from WiFi YellowJacket and GPS NMEA data received from serial port.

It can also use iPhone WiFi control at the same time with aboves:
Setup NAT on AR.Drone to redirect UDP port 5556 into 15556:
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i ath0 -p udp --destination-port 5556 -j DNAT --to 192.168.1.1:15556
MAPGPS is offline Find More Posts by MAPGPS
Old Nov 26, 2010, 07:10 AM
Joined Feb 2005
2,491 Posts
Quote:
That's quick, congrat! Video please.

As for the sensitivity, I use Ar.Freeflight to set the max values. I played around with max values in Ar.Freeflight. The values below works quite well. You can then further fine tune the exponential values on your Tx.

For the dead zone values. You can edit the value in the user_config.h file to your liking. Towards the bottom where it says "Mid stick dead zone" The higher the values the bigger the dead zone.
Do I need to unpar again to get my iPhone to work or just power up drone(no power to rx/yellojacket) and it should connect?
Old Nov 26, 2010, 07:19 AM
Bangkok, Thailand
Joined Jul 2002
220 Posts
Quote:
Do I need to unpar again to get my iPhone to work or just power up drone(no power to rx/yellojacket) and it should connect?
no need to unpair to connect from iPhone. Just do not supply power to your Rx/YJ.

After finished flying with your iPhone, just unpair it once to connect with YJ.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 06:12 PM
Bangkok, Thailand
Joined Jul 2002
220 Posts
A very boring video of the Ar.Drone controlled from an RC Tx. The latest sketch allows the drone to be finely controlled.

Ar.Drone in a garden - Controlled by R/C Tx (2 min 54 sec)
Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:06 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,491 Posts
WooooooHooooooo!!!! This thing rocks. I had three 8 minute flights tonight(850 mahs used out of 1300). The first flight was to check various rates and expo. I ended up seting up the drone with Mheeli's iphone settings. I also used full travel on all channels with 30% expo on pitch and roll only. The video is the second flight. On the third flight, I powered it all up and then started my flightrecord app on my iPhone. It connected and I had live video. I hit the record button and took off. It came up in a hover and then landed again. I had no rc control. It didn't like both systems running. I repowered the drone and had a good flight, no probs. I did notice when sticks were let go, the drone took a little longer to get a fixed hover position.

Enjoy the video, it was blast, well spent money, Brian.

RC Parrot AR Drone (8 min 27 sec)
Old Nov 26, 2010, 11:07 PM
Joined Mar 2010
1,195 Posts
Quote:
WooooooHooooooo!!!! This thing rocks. I had three 8 minute flights tonight(850 mahs used out of 1300). The first flight was to check various rates and expo. I ended up seting up the drone with Mheeli's iphone settings. I also used full travel on all channels with 30% expo on pitch and roll only. The video is the second flight. On the third flight, I powered it all up and then started my flightrecord app on my iPhone. It connected and I had live video. I hit the record button and took off. It came up in a hover and then landed again. I had no rc control. It didn't like both systems running. I repowered the drone and had a good flight, no probs. I did notice when sticks were let go, the drone took a little longer to get a fixed hover position.

Enjoy the video, it was blast, well spent money, Brian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG-m9iB6yQg
Hi Buffythesaint,

Can i talk you into selling your rc drone?
It would be great if i can get an TX version off the shelf.

Cheers
FlyingMcCoy is online now Find More Posts by FlyingMcCoy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Indoor 3d
Old Nov 27, 2010, 02:36 AM
Bangkok, Thailand
Joined Jul 2002
220 Posts
Quote:
It connected and I had live video. I hit the record button and took off. It came up in a hover and then landed again. I had no rc control. It didn't like both systems running. I repowered the drone and had a good flight, no probs.
That's what happened to me as well. Need a bit more time to look into this.

As for the Drone takes more time to do position hold, can you test with a wider throttle dead zone. I did not noticed it took longer than my iPod to do position hold.

BTW, thank you for your feedback during your mod. I will update the instructions with your findings.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 03:18 AM
Bangkok, Thailand
Joined Jul 2002
220 Posts
Brian, would mind if I put your video on my first post? Yours really show how smooth the Ar.Drone can be flown by a conventional RC sticks and a skillful pilot
Old Nov 27, 2010, 07:47 AM
Joined Feb 2005
2,491 Posts
Quote:
Brian, would mind if I put your video on my first post? Yours really show how smooth the Ar.Drone can be flown by a conventional RC sticks and a skillful pilot
NP Mheeli. It flies 100% better. It's so smooth now, not jerky like when I used my iPhone. I can try a bigger dead zone. I haven't looked at the config file, but can you adjust each axis dead zone or is one adjustment for all?

Brian.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 08:44 AM
Bangkok, Thailand
Joined Jul 2002
220 Posts
Quote:
NP Mheeli. It flies 100% better. It's so smooth now, not jerky like when I used my iPhone. I can try a bigger dead zone. I haven't looked at the config file, but can you adjust each axis dead zone or is one adjustment for all?

Brian.
Thanks.

You can adjust individual axis to your liking.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 12:52 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMcCoy View Post
Hi Buffythesaint,

Can i talk you into selling your rc drone?
It would be great if i can get an TX version off the shelf.

Cheers
Sorry, but I'm keeping my Drone. It's flying so well that I don't want to start over. You can fly the drone without an i device. If you had a friend with a phone/pad, you could set it up that way and then fly with a regular rc tx. Once it's setup, your good to go.

Mheeli. Not sure when I'll get to changing my config file. Indoor flying only now, once a week. We have snow now and no way will I fly outdoors with all that WET stuff around. I'm going to install a 72mhz rx and try a test. If that goes well, I will add a 5v camera and 5v 10mw 2.4 video tx, powered from the bec for my rx/YJ. I'm estimating 30g's more. The rc setup will work better for FPV.

Do you have anything in your sketch that will make the Drone land if I lose rx signal(no analog signals to YJ)?

Brian.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 04:43 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,491 Posts
Mheeli. I tried to use a 72mhz(SPCM) receiver with the drone and it didn't work. I hooked it up to my laptop and tried the monotor screen and I had nothing showing. I hooked my 2.4 rx back up and still am not getting anything in the monitor screen. Any ideas what I can do to check if YJ is ok?

Brian.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 05:04 PM
Bangkok, Thailand
Joined Jul 2002
220 Posts
Quote:
Mheeli. I tried to use a 72mhz(SPCM) receiver with the drone and it didn't work. I hooked it up to my laptop and tried the monotor screen and I had nothing showing. I hooked my 2.4 rx back up and still am not getting anything in the monitor screen. Any ideas what I can do to check if YJ is ok?

Brian.
You need to enable PRINT_DEBUG. In step 9, just change the values back to 1
Old Nov 27, 2010, 07:05 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,491 Posts
Quote:
You need to enable PRINT_DEBUG. In step 9, just change the values back to 1
That did the trick. The YJ didn't work with the hitec rx. It has channels 1-4 and ch6, no channel 5. Would that make a difference? I did hook up a JR spcm rx and it worked fine. I put a 5v camera and a 5v 10mw vtx on the hull. All I do is put the hull on, after the drone powers up, and plug in the power. RTF weight of 495g's. I did have some interference, cheap vtx, but it did clear up when facing me. It may be multi pathing in the room I was in, small area. I'll add a ferrite ring on the lines to my vtx, may help. I'll do a better test flight next week at indoor flying.

Cheers, Brian.

RC AR Drone FPV Test Flight (1 min 34 sec)
Last edited by Buffythesaint; Nov 27, 2010 at 07:17 PM.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 08:34 PM
Bangkok, Thailand
Joined Jul 2002
220 Posts
Quote:
That did the trick. The YJ didn't work with the hitec rx. It has channels 1-4 and ch6, no channel 5. Would that make a difference? I did hook up a JR spcm rx and it worked fine. I put a 5v camera and a 5v 10mw vtx on the hull. All I do is put the hull on, after the drone powers up, and plug in the power. RTF weight of 495g's. I did have some interference, cheap vtx, but it did clear up when facing me. It may be multi pathing in the room I was in, small area. I'll add a ferrite ring on the lines to my vtx, may help. I'll do a better test flight next week at indoor flying.

Cheers, Brian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h--sHNtl-x4
Does the camera has any onboard stabilisation? The video looks very stable.

As for the Rx, it's not the channel arrangement , but the order of signal output. Please have a look at this http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1171547 If you can find your Rx there, may be I can add your Rx compatibility to the Sketch.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 11:20 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2 Posts
Hey guys great work with the AR Drone Modding.

The Ipod is kinda cool to control the AR Drone but its really a pain in butt when you really want to control and fly it outside. My 1st Gen Ipod never worked right and would just crash the program on the Ipod and land the drone all the time.

I've already crashed it enough to crack the Central Cross and burn out the main board but I'll get it fixed up and I'm looking forward to adding the YellowJacket board and controlling this thing from a regular radio. It makes jumping into a quad alittle cheaper for the beginner.

The cool thing about the AR drone and what I think makes this mod so nice is that you maintain the super accurate hovering from the bottom camera, which is something I have not seen any other quad able to do so cheaply. You can still fly it in the house with out it floating all over the place when you let go of the controls.

Anyways it looks like fun and I'm looking forward to trying this out. I have 2 2200mah Zippy Batteries that I have not been able to use on the drone yet.

Later...................
Powerenz is offline Find More Posts by Powerenz
Old Nov 27, 2010, 11:31 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerenz View Post
Hey guys great work with the AR Drone Modding.

The Ipod is kinda cool to control the AR Drone but its really a pain in butt when you really want to control and fly it outside. My 1st Gen Ipod never worked right and would just crash the program on the Ipod and land the drone all the time.

I've already crashed it enough to crack the Central Cross and burn out the main board but I'll get it fixed up and I'm looking forward to adding the YellowJacket board and controlling this thing from a regular radio. It makes jumping into a quad alittle cheaper for the beginner.

The cool thing about the AR drone and what I think makes this mod so nice is that you maintain the super accurate hovering from the bottom camera, which is something I have not seen any other quad able to do so cheaply. You can still fly it in the house with out it floating all over the place when you let go of the controls.

Anyways it looks like fun and I'm looking forward to trying this out. I have 2 2200mah Zippy Batteries that I have not been able to use on the drone yet.

Later...................
Another cool feature to this mod is that you do not make a physical change to the drone at all. It still is controlled through wifi, but it's always with the drone and the range is limited to your eyesight I'm going to max out my iPhone settings and save them to the drone. Then I will setup 3 different flight modes, indoor, outdoor and crazy!!

Mheeli, no stabillization on the camera. Your sketch has worked out very well I didn't see the hitec rx on the list. No matter, the JR rx is a better rx anyways.

Brian.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 08:40 AM
good till the first drop
michigan usa
Joined Jan 2005
607 Posts
cool stuff , keep the good work
lesodell is offline Find More Posts by lesodell
Old Nov 28, 2010, 09:58 AM
Joined Feb 2005
2,491 Posts
Mheeli.
I had a closer look at the config file and see the dead zone values. The throttle is set at 40. Is that 40 out of 1000? I'd like to change it and would like to get a newer value the first time without trying this and then that. It would give me a better idea what value I'll try.

What will the drone do if I loose rc signal to the YJ? I'd like to try a test by turning off my tx.

Brian.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 11:27 AM
Joined Feb 2005
2,491 Posts
Here I go again. I've been thinking about the cameras on the Drone. Do you think it's possible to tap into the video from the Drone? I could send it to a vtx and back to the googles. I'm sure the YJ has room for another lead, to another switch on my rc tx. I could use the switch to toggle between front and down camera. Do you think this could be done?
Old Nov 28, 2010, 01:06 PM
Joined Apr 2008
6 Posts
Running code on board

Quote:
I've written a program that's running inside my other Ar.Drone. The program reads commands from /dev/ttyPA0 and then send UDP AT* commands to the local host of the drone.
This sounds very promising! Can you please explain a bit more how you managed to compile and run your program on the drone? I've been experimenting with the CodeSourcery stuff that Parrot links to on their website, but am only getting 'segfaults' when running code on my drone
dmobius is offline Find More Posts by dmobius