82 Posts
OK, I had to ask the question has zoltan, it is what he said to me
Thank you has you all
LTS49 is offline Find More Posts by LTS49
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2010, 01:46 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1,587 Posts
Hi LTS49 setting up for fpv on the trex 450 isnt the easiest things to do in the world as the electronics needed are all in such close proximity. In my experience over the last two years of getting my Trex 450 turned into an fpv rig, my biggest challange has been rc range. I started out on 2.4 futaba 7c fasst but it was so unreliable that I changed to a futaba 9c 35mhz. I had real problems with antenna placement so I then went with the Thomas near range rc system with rssi attached I finnally have good rc range and reliable. My new problem now is video noise as since ive put the Thomas nr system onboard my picture has suffered. I am currently working my way through it with some help from Trappy (God) lols.

FPV Trex 450 se v2 (5 min 24 sec)

Fpv ground station tour (0 min 51 sec)

Regards Liam
L14m is offline Find More Posts by L14m
Old Dec 19, 2010, 05:08 PM
Joined Oct 2010
82 Posts
With what to feed you the pinnacle video transfer when you are on the ground
Because I see that it is necessary of the 5V
What use you as converter and as lipo?
Thanks
Old Dec 19, 2010, 05:30 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1,587 Posts
Buy yourself a BEC and use it as a 5v regulator. Just be aware that the Pinnacle stops recording when there is static.
Regards Liam
Old Dec 20, 2010, 07:12 AM
Chile, Región de Los Lagos, Puerto Montt
Joined Jun 2010
12 Posts
Hi, I also do a FPV flight trex450 v2.

Here is a video.

Trex 450 FPV - Flying on a cloudy day (3 min 34 sec)

Greetings.
dontarro is offline Find More Posts by dontarro
Old Jan 02, 2011, 01:26 PM
Joined Oct 2010
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by L14m View Post
Hi LTS49 setting up for fpv on the trex 450 isnt the easiest things to do in the world as the electronics needed are all in such close proximity. In my experience over the last two years of getting my Trex 450 turned into an fpv rig, my biggest challange has been rc range. I started out on 2.4 futaba 7c fasst but it was so unreliable that I changed to a futaba 9c 35mhz. I had real problems with antenna placement so I then went with the Thomas near range rc system with rssi attached I finnally have good rc range and reliable. My new problem now is video noise as since ive put the Thomas nr system onboard my picture has suffered. I am currently working my way through it with some help from Trappy (God) lols.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNaCBulAK_U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gConxZh57I
Regards Liam
hello
How heavy is your fully equipped trex450?
thank you
Old Jan 02, 2011, 01:43 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1,587 Posts
With flight lipo (3s 2200) and fpv lipo (3s 460) and all over gear on board it comes in at just over 1.1 kg's
Regards Liam.
Old Apr 08, 2011, 07:19 AM
Joined Oct 2010
82 Posts
after 6 months of preparation, I finally made ​​my first flight in immersion
mounted a GOPROHD filmed in R4 mode
I did a little editing:
FPV HD T-rex 450 PRO (4 min 19 sec)

again and again
Old Apr 08, 2011, 07:53 AM
Joined Apr 2009
1,587 Posts
Lovely flight well done.
Regards Liam
Old Apr 08, 2011, 08:28 AM
CEL abuser
USA, CO, Denver
Joined Dec 2010
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by L14m View Post
I had real problems with antenna placement so I then went with the Thomas near range rc system with rssi attached I finnally have good rc range and reliable. My new problem now is video noise as since ive put the Thomas nr system onboard my picture has suffered. I am currently working my way through it with some help from Trappy (God) lols.
Liam, what have you done to increase your picture quality? I'm running a TS standard range system too and I've had some funky interactions between that and my 1.2 video. Things like throttle blips while on the ground with my throttle cut ON (not fun, glad I wasn't close to it) and rather poor video with a circularly polarized antenna setup. I do have a filter on my video TX, and it lives out on my tail boom where the supports connect up. My vtx antenna is out on my tail, but it is mounted vertically which makes me wonder if I'm killing the performance there and that maybe I should go to a vee. I'm on a 500 so it is a tad more roomy, but not by much. I did have my vtx up where the gyro is supposed to go but that made the thing very very twitchy because my vbar lives right underneath that.

I'm not running any OSD right now, it just doesn't seem like enough room for all of that stuff. My plan is to do that on a 600 and just use the 500 to learn how to fly off of visual queues only. I am using a wider angled lens which really really enhances the sense of movement, but strangely when near the ground it is difficult to tell sideways movement from a spin.

At any rate please share some of the video cleaning techniques you're having success with!
pr0ject42 is offline Find More Posts by pr0ject42
Old Apr 08, 2011, 09:01 AM
Joined Apr 2009
1,587 Posts
I had one interaction with the t nr with a spin up but fortunately it hasn't happened since. For clean video I added an Lc-filter from lipo to vtx and my vtx is on crash9's boom support and I have an extention coax cable to the tail support with a halve wave dipole tunned to 1160 to go with my 8dbi patch. Ferrite rings on esc and tail servo and buffer and gps and also camera to vtx cable. It's been hard as there's very little room to get distance between electronics and so it's been a lot of trial an error. I've got my Eagletree osd pro in a black box screwed to the side frame and gps above the vtx on the boom support but because I have the vtx antenna extended to the tail it doesn't seem to be affection sats lock.
Regards Liam
Old Apr 08, 2011, 09:25 AM
CEL abuser
USA, CO, Denver
Joined Dec 2010
392 Posts
Are you sharing your main battery with your video system or do you have a separate vtx lipo?
pr0ject42 is offline Find More Posts by pr0ject42
Old Apr 08, 2011, 01:23 PM
Littleton, CO
Joined Nov 2009
411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTS49 View Post
after 6 months of preparation, I finally made ​​my first flight in immersion
mounted a GOPROHD filmed in R4 mode
I did a little editing
Great video!
S9coldfire is offline Find More Posts by S9coldfire
Old Apr 08, 2011, 04:46 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1,587 Posts
I used to use two batteries but have just changed to a one battery system with an Lc-filter from lipo to vtx and have amazing quality. Just been for a flight but didn't manage to test my antenna tracking out but with the 8dbi patch and 3dbi omni with diversity, I had zero drop outs even out at roughly a 800 meters. My only problem was I didn't hit record on my dvr lols.
Regards Liam
Old Apr 12, 2011, 11:10 PM
jcooksey
west tn
Joined Feb 2010
197 Posts
where did you get your foam for your case? and how do you get it cut so neat? I bought some blue foam from a local apolstrey shop and i cut it with an electric knife but not as neat as yours.
jcooksey is offline Find More Posts by jcooksey