SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 07, 2010, 01:04 AM
Lansdowne, Pa
Joined May 2010
241 Posts
Discussion
Added Tiny Brite Lights to J-3

I sent away for the navigation light set from tinybritelights and installed them in my Parkzone Micro J-3 Cub. They look great as you can see from the video. I'm going to try it out tomorrow at dusk,,,,can't wait.

http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c3...=j-3lights.mp4
akozols is offline Find More Posts by akozols
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2010, 09:25 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by akozols View Post
I sent away for the navigation light set from tinybritelights and installed them in my Parkzone Micro J-3 Cub. They look great as you can see from the video. I'm going to try it out tomorrow at dusk,,,,can't wait.

http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c3...=j-3lights.mp4
They look great... I wonder if the landing lights will shine far enough ahead for me to see the tree trunks when night flying up at the cottage..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Nov 07, 2010, 10:20 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
They look great... I wonder if the landing lights will shine far enough ahead for me to see the tree trunks when night flying up at the cottage..
No, they're not nearly bright enough for that. I have them on my PZ Cub, I shined the white lights up on the underside of the wing hoping to fly it at night but they just barely cast a slight glow on the wings. They light it up well enough for dusk flying, but flying at night is out of the question. I used to have a GWS Tiger Moth and I directed lights up on the wings on that one and it worked great, but the lights were many times brighter than the Tiny Bright Lights set. I've got the Tiny Bright Lights sets on my micro P51 and my MCX as well, they're super lightweight and great at dusk, but they're pretty dim compared to other LED sets.
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright