HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 21, 2012, 05:40 PM
Gravity Test in Progress
United States, WA, Tacoma
Joined Jul 2010
401 Posts
Thanks for the update! I hate when life gets in the way of trying to get something done!
Go get a good therapeutic massage once a week...betcha in 4 weeks you will see a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarel design View Post
Sorry I haven't been around for a while... (By the way, the virus issue with my website has been cleared up), I've been SWAMPED with client work and putting food on the table, a roof over our heads and trying to keep sane working 7 days a week is catching up....

I LOVE your idea about the arrow shafts! Tip: Finding a telescopic outer shaft that has a nice snug fit will help this concept providing a permanent strong mount of the outer shell so the threaded arrow shaft can slip inside... then a screw coming from the leading edge to hold it in...

BRAVO!

LOT's going on behind the scenes! Working towardsl completing the DaVini project and getting the micro UAV build thread started so I can post that kit...

Also got heavily interested in quads... especially the new HH MQX... while I'm working, I'm trying to mentally engineer an eyepod body that holds the same camera moount as the EyePlane...

Also a day or two away from writing up an update on all my kits, development, production, availability... Tresa has put together a program with Excell to keep track of everyone (So far, over 300 people requesting kits and avaiability of new kits! YIKES! (I've been working 7 days a week , 12~18 hour days for months and it's catching up big time... Phyisical results.... Doctor is telling me to slow down (which is hard) and if I'm going to stay healthy enough to continue these kits, I'm going to have to slow down...

Ok... glad to hear people are still developing improvement ideas for this project... Mine hangs over my head in the studio begging for me to take her out... meanwhile, I bought a new GoPro2 and have been so busy I haven't even had time to take it out of the box to just learn how to use it and shoot some test video!

stay well everyone!

Best,
Richard
.Steve is offline Find More Posts by .Steve
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2012, 07:41 PM
Southern Oregon
Joined Apr 2004
1,908 Posts
Newsletter out! EyePods kits back in stock! :)

Just wanted to let you know that our first newsletter has been sent out this evening with all sorts of news including news that production has resumed on the EyePod (logistics challenges got in the way) and they are now in stock! We also have a new design making three EyePod options! (Just posted a photo update in the EyePod thread in this forum)

If you've been waiting, we just sent out out newsletter (this evening) and are ready to begin accepting orders again!

So sorry for the delay... a lot is explained in our newsletter.

Best,
Richard
jarel design is offline Find More Posts by jarel design
Old Mar 01, 2012, 11:22 AM
Southern Oregon
Joined Apr 2004
1,908 Posts
Getting Married! =D

Hi Guys,

So sorry I have been so absent here. I know I’ve shared how my client prototype work has just been incredibly busy over the past year. I don’t know if I shared that Tresa and I have been engaged for over two years and have not had the time of funds to “set the date”…

Well, It’s finally happened and we will be leaving for Maui, Hawaii on March 6th! She has always been so supportive, bringing meals, drinks, smiles and hugs to me in the studio as I worked the nights away (especially when she hears me “not having fun”)…

She’s stepped in lately helping me with my backlog of kit production, trimming parts, collating hardware, printing plans, packing kits and lately, taking care of communications regarding orders, creating labels and getting everything ready for me to ship out…

She has always deserved being treated like a princess and I am finally in a position to give back…

We will be getting married on a beach in Maui on March 9th and returning March 20th.

I have all current paid orders by the door ready to be shipped to day…

If there are any of you who want to order anything, please email her and be prepared to send payment by tomorrow night so that she can prep everything for shipping on Monday. We will not be able to receive or process any orders after tomorrow night. (I’m still completing another client project that is due to be shipped out on Monday and I have done so little to prepare for our trip.

With the exception of the DaVinci (6 kits left since prepping more than 24 a couple of weeks ago!), stock for everything else is still “ok” (unless we receive a sudden burst of orders. LOL!).

I already have another client project scheduled to begin when I return, but all other efforts on my part will go into completing two new bodies for the HH Blade MQX, creating a build thread for the Raptor UAV aerial photography drone and the new DaVinci Slope ship.

Just wanted to share the great news, explain why I will be completely absent here (for a while at least) and why you will not receive any email replies after Monday March 5th.

Thank you all for your patience and support!

Best Always,

Richard
jarel design is offline Find More Posts by jarel design
Old Mar 01, 2012, 11:28 AM
Joined Mar 2001
2,624 Posts
Congratulations and have a great trip.

Tony
t-turley is offline Find More Posts by t-turley