HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:32 PM
Whats Black and has 24's?
Alabama, B-ham area
Joined Apr 2009
443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffGmann View Post
Hard fronts and firm rears are the best multi surface tire for racing. You can run hards but to me they'll never be soft enough.

Jeffgmann

Trek and Ed are suppose to let me know how Roberts kart handles today. I already bought set of hards but didn't like the way it handled. Maybe theres a trick or two?

Gottacuda
GottaCuda is offline Find More Posts by GottaCuda
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 29, 2012, 05:23 PM
Always were your sun glasses!
Joined Oct 2010
321 Posts
Info on hards all the way around

I had a chance to see Roberts kart in action Saturday. He took by butt to the cleaners. He was seconds faster in all heats than I was all day. Mostly on the straight and out of corners. I did notice a small percentage of brake dialed in like he use to when racing his modified brushed. Bottom line his kart was fast and handled well. He did TQ with 17.6 something if I recall. In the A main he was under me by a few seconds. I finished second with 18.15. All heats to my knowledge Robert drove only with hard tires. I never seen him change. FYI I ran with medium rear and hard fronts with no issues and still yielded great lap times. I think temp over there was around 80 degrees. Over all hard tires work but was it his driving that made them work, the hot surface that softened the tires or was brake dialed in key?

LeadHauler
Leadhauler is offline Find More Posts by Leadhauler
Old Apr 29, 2012, 05:33 PM
DoubleTrouble
Florida
Joined May 2009
379 Posts
Interesting info there Lead. I figured the hard tires would loosen up the rear end of the kart. Did he use anything for traction agent by chance? I know they don't spray anything down. On his talent, temp or brake settings. I would say all 3 played a roll but he does have mad driving skills. Was this the first time you two ever driven against each other?

Double Trouble
DoubleTrouble is offline Find More Posts by DoubleTrouble
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:08 PM
Joined Aug 2009
337 Posts
I may try out a set but like others said on Saturday its driving skill and not the tire combos.

Trek
Trekker1990 is offline Find More Posts by Trekker1990
Old May 01, 2012, 11:22 AM
Joined Aug 2010
185 Posts
Why a harder compound. I don't understand. No one said why hards are better than mediums and firms.

D'
bigdonald is offline Find More Posts by bigdonald
Old May 04, 2012, 02:46 AM
DoubleTrouble
Florida
Joined May 2009
379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdonald View Post
Why a harder compound. I don't understand. No one said why hards are better than mediums and firms.

D'

It'll shave seconds off your lap times bro.

Double Trouble
Old May 05, 2012, 10:45 PM
Alabama, B-ham area
Joined Apr 2009
443 Posts
I installed the hards today and took it to a near by practice lot. All worked well. I should've gone ahead and installed from the get go. I really had nothing to loose and could have always put the others back on. Over all the front gained some push but thats all it seems. Rear was hooked up just fine.

GottaCuda
Old May 06, 2012, 05:18 PM
Team Edge
Joined Oct 2011
924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaCuda View Post
I installed the hards today and took it to a near by practice lot. All worked well. I should've gone ahead and installed from the get go. I really had nothing to loose and could have always put the others back on. Over all the front gained some push but thats all it seems. Rear was hooked up just fine.

GottaCuda

Glad they work for you Gary. I like mine so far. Haven't had any issues yet. I found they don't collect dust as much as my mediums either. Thats a plus for me.......

Robert
Team Edge RC is offline Find More Posts by Team Edge RC
Old May 07, 2012, 08:07 AM
Alabama, B-ham area
Joined Apr 2009
443 Posts
It doesn't seem faster but I suppose once on the track with a lap counter I'll see it on paper. Do you have any brake dialed or abs? I seen where Lead or someone said you do now.

Gottacuda
Old May 07, 2012, 10:45 AM
Dave N Cindy
Joined Jul 2009
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaCuda View Post
It doesn't seem faster but I suppose once on the track with a lap counter I'll see it on paper. Do you have any brake dialed or abs? I seen where Lead or someone said you do now.

Gottacuda

I'll need to take mine out and dust it off. When I see you may I take yours for a drive? I should be in the area Sat. I have some steal beams I need to do for a customer.

Dave
Dave n Cindy
DaveNCindy is offline Find More Posts by DaveNCindy
Old May 08, 2012, 07:50 AM
DoubleTrouble
Florida
Joined May 2009
379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNCindy View Post
I'll need to take mine out and dust it off. When I see you may I take yours for a drive? I should be in the area Sat. I have some steal beams I need to do for a customer.

Dave
Dave n Cindy

You gonna use one of them fancy feather dusters there Dave? Go buy some can air and a paint brush. Its faster I found.

Double Trouble
Old May 09, 2012, 12:15 PM
Team Edge
Joined Oct 2011
924 Posts
A simple paint brush is all I use. Be cool with the can air as some will shoot moisture along with air out of the can. Moisture is hell on electronics.........

Robert
Old May 11, 2012, 10:14 AM
Team Edge
Joined Oct 2011
924 Posts
I just remembered something about the bursh, be sure its a 1 inch brush. It makes things easier to clean and get into the rear motor pod area and tight chassis area.

Robert
Old May 12, 2012, 02:31 PM
Me Toby You?
Jacksonville FL
Joined Jan 2011
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Edge RC View Post
I just remembered something about the bursh,

Robert
Whats a bursh? hahahahahah Still haven't gotten use to your iphone touch pad?

Toby
Toby Warren is offline Find More Posts by Toby Warren
Old May 13, 2012, 09:52 PM
Alabama, B-ham area
Joined Apr 2009
443 Posts
Whats everyone using for tire treatments these days?

Gottacuda