HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:40 PM
Me Toby You?
Jacksonville FL
Joined Jan 2011
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmonster View Post
When someone does change over to hards post your results please. This could save everyone wear and tear needless to say buying tires every 5 to 6 months.
You'll have to much front push and be to loose in the rear. You'll see if you go that route with all hard compounds.

Toby
Toby Warren is offline Find More Posts by Toby Warren
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:14 PM
Team Edge
Joined Oct 2011
924 Posts
I've ran all hard compounds recently. It works but it has to be on crete and yes you will have push. The rear will be loose as well but nothing bad. Asphalt runs are ok providing the temp is hot. I'd tell everyone to change tires before doing anything to your tires. You risk damaging them if you hold no knowledge of what your doing. Just a honest FYI.

Robert
Team Edge RC is offline Find More Posts by Team Edge RC
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:57 PM
Always were your sun glasses!
Joined Oct 2010
321 Posts
I hear what Tobys saying yet everyones giving the guy a hard time. In the world of true rc racing. Not saying rc karting isn't but what we do is. Being invited to nationals and races over seas is what true rc racing is about. Those are the serious sides of rc. Glue and other tiny secrets is what we use and how we win. We know nothing else but tune, tweak and test.

Leadhauler
Leadhauler is offline Find More Posts by Leadhauler
Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:09 AM
Me Toby You?
Jacksonville FL
Joined Jan 2011
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadhauler View Post
I hear what Tobys saying yet everyones giving the guy a hard time. In the world of true rc racing. Not saying rc karting isn't but what we do is. Being invited to nationals and races over seas is what true rc racing is about. Those are the serious sides of rc. Glue and other tiny secrets is what we use and how we win. We know nothing else but tune, tweak and test.

Leadhauler

Thanks for the words Lead. I was going to go there but? Were all the same and enjoy r/c.

Toby
Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:36 AM
Always were your sun glasses!
Joined Oct 2010
321 Posts
You got it.

Leadhauler
Leadhauler is offline Find More Posts by Leadhauler
Old Apr 20, 2012, 12:01 PM
Team Edge
Joined Oct 2011
924 Posts
I think most if not all perhaps should just stick with whats easiest. To change a tire is nothing to a newbie or even to guys like you two. Why make things harder than what they are. We all went through this subject years ago down in Florida. People wanting to do this, try that. Buy the most highdollar this and so on. Most of you who read and post remember that year. People changing the battery area, running costly motors. I can go on and on. This was why in 2002 we created the rule sheet. Our kart racing is not about money into your rc nor knowledge. Its about driving and having fun with those at the track. I've said it before, the karts are simple so don't make them harder than what they are. Back to the tires? I say if you choose the glue or truing, your on your own. We will not accept tire returns with glued sides or that have been tru'd down. Happy rc karting.........

Robert
Old Apr 20, 2012, 02:35 PM
Me Toby You?
Jacksonville FL
Joined Jan 2011
423 Posts
I plead the 5th bro.

Toby
Old Apr 20, 2012, 04:52 PM
Team Edge
Joined Oct 2011
924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Warren View Post
I plead the 5th bro.

Toby

I should have known better Toby ...... ROLF. I'll be chatting with you later......

Robert
Old Apr 21, 2012, 01:42 PM
number6
Alabama / Arab Al
Joined Apr 2009
213 Posts
Who cares about glues and stuff. Besides the rims and tires aren'tt expensive to replace. Come to think of it I need to buy 4 off you next week. Payday!

Number6 is offline Find More Posts by Number6
Old Apr 22, 2012, 09:55 AM
Team Edge
Joined Oct 2011
924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number6 View Post
Who cares about glues and stuff. Besides the rims and tires aren'tt expensive to replace. Come to think of it I need to buy 4 off you next week. Payday!

Let Todd or I know what you need and we'll send them out asap. By the way, did you get your stock up and running?

Robert
Old Apr 23, 2012, 02:19 PM
EatenDirt
TN
Joined Jun 2009
306 Posts
Any freebies this month if I order a couple of sets? I could use 4 new fronts. I guess I'll go with hard again.

Eatendirt
EatenDirt is offline Find More Posts by EatenDirt
Old Apr 23, 2012, 03:13 PM
Team Edge
Joined Oct 2011
924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatenDirt View Post
Any freebies this month if I order a couple of sets? I could use 4 new fronts. I guess I'll go with hard again.

Eatendirt

Sorry no freebies at this time. I did give away a free driver suit on Friday to a guy who just bought a kart with a nude driver. He decided nude wasn't the way he wanted to go ROLF! Felt sorry for the guy and rushed him out one with helmet asap! LOL LOL...

Robert
Old Apr 25, 2012, 11:05 AM
Joined Aug 2009
259 Posts
What about all the talk using hards in both front and rear? I know the questions been asked bu no one replied.

Cart Miester
Cart Miester is offline Find More Posts by Cart Miester
Old Apr 26, 2012, 05:08 PM
Team Edge
Joined Oct 2011
924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cart Miester View Post
What about all the talk using hards in both front and rear? I know the questions been asked bu no one replied.

Cart Miester

Ok, heres the deal, I run hard compound tires all around like your asking. I never really said much as I didn't want it to come off as a sale tatic to move tires. Honestly, you only loose a couple of seconds and thats if you tag your corners and drive your lines. My suggestion is not to change tires until your ready. Its not really worth replacing them asap but I will say, the wear is a lot less than the firms I was running.

Robert
Old Apr 28, 2012, 09:44 AM
Thats Right!
IL, Southern
Joined Mar 2009
326 Posts
Hard fronts and firm rears are the best multi surface tire for racing. You can run hards but to me they'll never be soft enough.

Jeffgmann
JeffGmann is offline Find More Posts by JeffGmann