HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 02, 2012, 08:52 PM
Joined Aug 2009
337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Warren View Post
I found that I needed to round the edges or go to hards in the rear. They traction hop more than the mag type did. Also I'm going with Roberts idea once they get here. I'm going to try hards all around. I'll tell everyone what I think when I mount them up. Todd said a week for my tires to arrive.

Toby

What are you doing Toby driving full throttle through the corners? I can't imagine anyone who races with us who round tire edges. The tires are pre trued and ready to race.

Trek
Trekker1990 is offline Find More Posts by Trekker1990
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 03, 2012, 05:07 PM
Team Edge
Joined Oct 2011
924 Posts
I don't understand.Toby. Just go to a harder compound. Like the others said, you of all people should no better. Its the frame that gives our karts so much traction. We kept true to scale of a real kart chassis so this is why the tire bite is so great. Go watch a video or a actual kart race. You'll see how real scale karts traction hop and don't forget to look at the frames when there in a corner. They flex as well, just like ours. Just put on your firmer tires............

Robert
Team Edge RC is offline Find More Posts by Team Edge RC
Old Apr 04, 2012, 03:27 PM
Me Toby You?
Jacksonville FL
Joined Jan 2011
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Edge RC View Post
I don't understand.Toby. Just go to a harder compound. Like the others said, you of all people should no better. Its the frame that gives our karts so much traction. We kept true to scale of a real kart chassis so this is why the tire bite is so great. Go watch a video or a actual kart race. You'll see how real scale karts traction hop and don't forget to look at the frames when there in a corner. They flex as well, just like ours. Just put on your firmer tires............

Robert

but rounding the edges of the tires will help.
Toby Warren is offline Find More Posts by Toby Warren
Old Apr 09, 2012, 04:18 PM
Joined Aug 2009
259 Posts
HOW? You'll loose traction and with the carts speeds? Rounding the edges isn't going to do much if anything. And by the way. How fast is your kart running there Toby? You running something we should know about? Its not like they're as fast as a nitro r/c or anything.
Cart Miester is offline Find More Posts by Cart Miester
Old Apr 10, 2012, 03:49 PM
Joined Aug 2010
185 Posts
Does all this stem back to putting glue on the edges to reduce traction and allow for more rear slide? If it does how far is everyone taking these karts this year. I'm not about to go that route. To much trouble just to have fun for me.

Big D'
bigdonald is offline Find More Posts by bigdonald
Old Apr 12, 2012, 06:58 PM
Cakeman
Joined Feb 2010
292 Posts
Probably does Don

Cakeman
cakeman is offline Find More Posts by cakeman
Old Apr 14, 2012, 01:57 PM
Thats Right!
IL, Southern
Joined Mar 2009
326 Posts
I said it before just change your tires. Its much easier and less trouble.
JeffGmann is offline Find More Posts by JeffGmann
Old Apr 16, 2012, 03:46 PM
Joined Dec 2009
218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffGmann View Post
I said it before just change your tires. Its much easier and less trouble.
Sounds as Jeff has the best idea. Change tires. Now why didn't Toby think of that?

Motty
motty is offline Find More Posts by motty
Old Apr 16, 2012, 06:10 PM
Me Toby You?
Jacksonville FL
Joined Jan 2011
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motty View Post
Sounds as Jeff has the best idea. Change tires. Now why didn't Toby think of that?

Motty

You guys crack me up. To each his own then. Just remember who made it to the A main when your sitting in the G.

Toby
Toby Warren is offline Find More Posts by Toby Warren
Old Apr 16, 2012, 07:29 PM
Joined Aug 2010
185 Posts
So rounding the edges will get you in the A main everytime? I say its 80% driver and 20% kart.
bigdonald is offline Find More Posts by bigdonald
Old Apr 17, 2012, 04:27 PM
DoubleTrouble
Florida
Joined May 2009
379 Posts
You have a point there old and wise one. Young grasshoppers should learn from you.

Double Trouble
DoubleTrouble is offline Find More Posts by DoubleTrouble
Old Apr 17, 2012, 07:15 PM
Joined Aug 2009
259 Posts
Anyone running hards all the way around besides Robert and Mitch? Word is Mitch is running firm fronts instead of hards now. You know anything Jeff?
Cart Miester is offline Find More Posts by Cart Miester
Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:34 AM
Always were your sun glasses!
Joined Oct 2010
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cart Miester View Post
Anyone running hards all the way around besides Robert and Mitch? Word is Mitch is running firm fronts instead of hards now. You know anything Jeff?

I'm about ready to go hards all around. I keep chuncking my rears. I see why Tobys talking about rounding edges now. I'm so use to racing ozite instead of this crete and asphalt cr@p. Its hard on tires.

Leadhauler
Leadhauler is offline Find More Posts by Leadhauler
Old Apr 18, 2012, 02:59 PM
DMonster
Central Alabama
Joined Oct 2010
136 Posts
When someone does change over to hards post your results please. This could save everyone wear and tear needless to say buying tires every 5 to 6 months.
dmonster is offline Find More Posts by dmonster
Old Apr 18, 2012, 04:39 PM
1fastrckart
Montgomery AL
Joined Mar 2009
217 Posts
Gary runs hards I think?

FastKart
1fastrckart is offline Find More Posts by 1fastrckart