HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2012, 11:49 PM
Whats Black and has 24's?
Alabama, B-ham area
Joined Apr 2009
443 Posts
One would think to go with firmer rears instead of using glue. Most of the newbies entering mod class will have no clue nor understand why your adding glue to the sides. One of you should explain. I'll sit this one out since you all started it.

Gottacuda
GottaCuda is offline Find More Posts by GottaCuda
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2012, 05:09 PM
Team Edge
Joined Oct 2011
924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaCuda View Post
One would think to go with firmer rears instead of using glue. Most of the newbies entering mod class will have no clue nor understand why your adding glue to the sides. One of you should explain. I'll sit this one out since you all started it.

Gottacuda

I agree I think one of you should explain the use of glue. I can be brief and say it loosens up the rear to prevent traction hops. Now if you guys could take it one step further and explain more please do so.

Robert
Team Edge RC is offline Find More Posts by Team Edge RC
Old Feb 15, 2012, 01:54 PM
CRA
Joined Dec 2009
170 Posts
Glue does two things. 1) Firms up the side wall to produce less traction and 2) prohibits the side wall or corner to roll or grab the tracks surface

Craig
CRA is offline Find More Posts by CRA
Old Feb 15, 2012, 08:46 PM
Joined Nov 2008
240 Posts
I agree with the past poster glues are bad for foams. Go up on firmness if need be or dial in break if you must. Glues will cause cracks or as we call it chunks.

Mitch
rbpracing is offline Find More Posts by rbpracing
Old Feb 15, 2012, 09:04 PM
Whats in your fridge?
Joined Dec 2010
79 Posts
But sometime firmness doesn't do it. You still get the traction hops. By the way do the new tires come in mixed compounds with firmer side rubber?

Kid Ice
kidice is offline Find More Posts by kidice
Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:26 PM
Team Edge
Joined Oct 2011
924 Posts
You can go both ways but sometimes the extra firmness (glue) of the sidewall along with the soft bottom of your tire touching the surface works best when alot of rubber or traction compounds are present on the track.

Robert
Old Feb 17, 2012, 02:05 PM
Whats Black and has 24's?
Alabama, B-ham area
Joined Apr 2009
443 Posts
I think with the karts being simple as they are by switching to firmer rears would do the trick. If nothing else adjust your brake or use the ABS. I feel with glues your asking for trouble.

Gottacuda
GottaCuda is offline Find More Posts by GottaCuda
Old Feb 17, 2012, 06:31 PM
Panama City Beach FL
Joined Apr 2009
645 Posts
The way it looks Im going to be using the same tires as you boys. My tires and rims are getting harder to find Are most of you using firm back and soft fronts?

Ceri
CeriJonston is offline Find More Posts by CeriJonston
Old Feb 17, 2012, 11:43 PM
Me Toby You?
Jacksonville FL
Joined Jan 2011
423 Posts
No don't go that route. Use medium to firm and hard in front. Try Blacks!

Toby
Toby Warren is offline Find More Posts by Toby Warren
Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:19 AM
CRA
Joined Dec 2009
170 Posts
To each his own bro.

Craig
CRA is offline Find More Posts by CRA
Old Feb 18, 2012, 12:49 PM
Team Edge
Joined Oct 2011
924 Posts
But think Craig. A "true" RC kart like the ones we build will give you traction hops { SEE VIDEO BELOW } once it reaches its scale speed. Its no different than a full size gokart providing you build "a real kart chassis" design. Most try to build RC to go faster than its actual built scale speed. This doesn't work as to many things need to change then you get away from its original true scale design.

I haven't seen you at many races Craig but next time look around in the pit areas. Most if not all to my knowledge don't even change tires once they arrive or use glues. The karts we build are a true kart design. Watch the full scale kart video, shifter karts hold the power of traction hops on a constant basis. So I ask Craig, why erase the fun and true feel of a shifter kart?

LITTLE MONACO.m4v (4 min 17 sec)

Robert
Old Feb 18, 2012, 01:11 PM
Me Toby You?
Jacksonville FL
Joined Jan 2011
423 Posts
Holly smokes that had to hurt.

Toby
Toby Warren is offline Find More Posts by Toby Warren
Old Feb 18, 2012, 03:24 PM
Elfie
Joined Feb 2012
102 Posts
Does anyone have footage of the races?
Elfie is offline Find More Posts by Elfie
Old Feb 19, 2012, 12:15 AM
number6
Alabama / Arab Al
Joined Apr 2009
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Edge RC View Post
But think Craig. A "true" RC kart like the ones we build will give you traction hops { SEE VIDEO BELOW } once it reaches its scale speed. Its no different than a full size gokart providing you build "a real kart chassis" design. Most try to build RC to go faster than its actual built scale speed. This doesn't work as to many things need to change then you get away from its original true scale design.

I haven't seen you at many races Craig but next time look around in the pit areas. Most if not all to my knowledge don't even change tires once they arrive or use glues. The karts we build are a true kart design. Watch the full scale kart video, shifter karts hold the power of traction hops on a constant basis. So I ask Craig, why erase the fun and true feel of a shifter kart?

http://youtu.be/ZSgNMaOkI8M

Robert

NICE VID BRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U made my night. My girlfriend fell asleep on me so I'm online and watching

SLEIGH BELLS on Saturday Night Live! THEY ROCK!

Number6 is offline Find More Posts by Number6
Old Feb 19, 2012, 12:41 AM
Always were your sun glasses!
Joined Oct 2010
321 Posts
Great video Robert.

Lead
Leadhauler is offline Find More Posts by Leadhauler