I agree.

Digdug
DigDug is offline Find More Posts by DigDug
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2012, 08:23 PM
Out side of Destin FL.
Joined Sep 2009
339 Posts
What radio you running with larc? I knows its a 2.4 due to the size of your rec and antenna tube.

JB"
djskiptonic is offline Find More Posts by djskiptonic
Old Jan 06, 2012, 09:07 PM
United States, AL, Dothan
Joined Dec 2011
102 Posts
Futaba 4PK
larc is offline Find More Posts by larc
Old Jan 06, 2012, 10:15 PM
Panama City Beach FL
Joined Apr 2009
645 Posts
Jonathan and I had a PK he liked the feel.

Ceri
CeriJonston is offline Find More Posts by CeriJonston
Old Jan 07, 2012, 10:00 AM
Holding on to my SEAT!
Florida
Joined Dec 2010
77 Posts
I see tons of those at the tracks around the U.S. Its a great radio for the buck
P.ODell is offline Find More Posts by P.ODell
Old Jan 08, 2012, 07:39 PM
Just_Me
Florida
Joined Mar 2009
361 Posts
I used Aitronics for the longest time. I never owned a Futaba. Like you said Paul many use them on the rc circuit.

Just_Me
Just_me is offline Find More Posts by Just_me
Old Jan 08, 2012, 08:00 PM
United States, AL, Dothan
Joined Dec 2011
102 Posts
This is the first Futaba that I have used since the old square box with the steering wheel and throttle switch on the side. Use a KO (EX-5UR) on the 1/4 scales and a JR (Z1)for the Baja.

WoodyT
larc is offline Find More Posts by larc
Old Jan 09, 2012, 08:54 AM
Always were your sun glasses!
Joined Oct 2010
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by larc View Post
This is the first Futaba that I have used since the old square box with the steering wheel and throttle switch on the side. Use a KO (EX-5UR) on the 1/4 scales and a JR (Z1)for the Baja.

WoodyT
Heres to the KOs WoodyT. I'm a huge fan of KO. My dad had one when he race the old Tamiya Frogs. I guess one could say I was pulled into the KO scene at a young age. I use my KO in all my r/cs. In my kart I went with a GT3b. I found my KO to be to advanced for the karts. You'll soon find your PK to be a great radio to hold on the drive stand.

Leadhauler
Leadhauler is offline Find More Posts by Leadhauler
Old Jan 09, 2012, 04:37 PM
Joined Dec 2009
218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadhauler View Post
Heres to the KOs WoodyT. I'm a huge fan of KO. My dad had one when he race the old Tamiya Frogs. I guess one could say I was pulled into the KO scene at a young age. I use my KO in all my r/cs. In my kart I went with a GT3b. I found my KO to be to advanced for the karts. You'll soon find your PK to be a great radio to hold on the drive stand.

Leadhauler
Your right about the radios. My MX11 is way more than I need. Its basically a show piece than a functioning radio for my kart.

Motty
motty is offline Find More Posts by motty
Old Jan 10, 2012, 01:44 PM
Always were your sun glasses!
Joined Oct 2010
321 Posts
Airtronics are out there as well Motty. There another dependable radio to own. Like Jr watch those plug wires.

Leadhauler
Leadhauler is offline Find More Posts by Leadhauler
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:27 AM
Panama City Beach FL
Joined Apr 2009
645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.ODell View Post
I see tons of those at the tracks around the U.S. Its a great radio for the buck
I take it your not talking about the kart tracks Paul?

Ceri
CeriJonston is offline Find More Posts by CeriJonston
Old Jan 11, 2012, 02:18 PM
Team Edge
Joined Oct 2011
924 Posts
Well what I've seen on the "Kart tracks" are the GTs, Spektrums DX, Dx 3, pro series, and Eurgles 3rd gens. Sure the others are being used but take a look the majority who race all the time. True last year I had a great radio and highend one at that. I soon realized like Toby, Benji, Paul, Mitch, Todd, Lead and all others who hold a racing background, you just don't need it. But then again its what fits your hand and what you like in the end. I tell drivers use what you have if it works. RC Kart racing is a budget avenue unlike most racing. Nothing fancy is required as many have found out.

Robert
Team Edge RC is offline Find More Posts by Team Edge RC
Old Jan 12, 2012, 07:43 PM
Holding on to my SEAT!
Florida
Joined Dec 2010
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeriJonston View Post
I take it your not talking about the kart tracks Paul?

Ceri

I was talking about the kart tracks. I can name drivers who use Futabas. Henry L, Pete and Jordon and Laura are a few off the top of my head. You've raced with Laura before Ceri. She uses a PL.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 08:16 PM
Team Edge
Joined Oct 2011
924 Posts
Theres a varity of radios used as I said. Most however as I mentioned above are not expensive radios. Most keep it under the 200-300 dollar range. Sure there are a few who use costly radios and rec but its not really needed. Its like chargers you know? Nothing fancy is required to race.

Robert
Team Edge RC is offline Find More Posts by Team Edge RC
Old Jan 16, 2012, 05:25 PM
Holding on to my SEAT!
Florida
Joined Dec 2010
77 Posts
It's true you don't have to own anything hitech in a radio The only thing I use on my so called fancy radio is steering, throttle trims and end points. You don't need to use expo for the karts.