SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 06, 2010, 11:21 AM
Joined Aug 2010
185 Posts
Discussion
RC Team Edge RC Karts and tire compounds?

This topic has never been touched upon atleast I know of. I made my first kart purchase recently. For what I know the temp has alot to do with traction. Indoor and outdoor setups I would guess differ. I was wondering what compounds do most run? Shore or color types will help me out. Right now I have the basic foam tires.

Big Donald
bigdonald is offline Find More Posts by bigdonald
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2010, 11:32 AM
Thats Right!
IL, Southern
Joined Mar 2009
326 Posts
Look at you getting info from everyone. Smart guy you are Donald. About your tire questions. I'm guessing you have the stock xxp tires with b up fronts. I've never strayed from the original setup. No need D. Why fix something that don't need fixing? Have you driven your kart on a track? Do that first D then lets talk.

Jeffgmann
JeffGmann is offline Find More Posts by JeffGmann
Old Nov 06, 2010, 12:48 PM
MightyDog
Southern state of Alabama
Joined Jan 2010
221 Posts
My son and I only raced a few times. I guess were newbies of 6 months. We both have not changed tire settings. My son I both race in their stock class. He races the spec class when he gets the chance to. The spec kart is set the same way as our other karts we race. We us the stock tires it came with. I do agree with Jeff as he's been around the block and a senior to the race scene. I would run your kart and see how it drives to YOU. I'll tell you like I tell my own, it is your kart son and you have to drive it

DigDug

Douglas and Brian
DigDug is offline Find More Posts by DigDug
Old Nov 06, 2010, 07:04 PM
Joined Dec 2009
218 Posts
When did this forum start? I run double p's all around my kart. My front stocks offered great wear but push like a real kart. Keep in mind p's will eventually collect dust and loose their bite towards the end of your runs. Thats perfectly fine for my driving style. I like my kart to firmly planted around the turns where I can drive it and not have it drive me. I run with no brake or abs either Big Donald.

Motty
motty is offline Find More Posts by motty
Old Nov 06, 2010, 07:30 PM
CRA
Joined Dec 2009
170 Posts
Pay no attention to Motty. His nick name is The Hammer on the track No he drives all right but by the seat of his pants. Donald do like most of us do. Use what works for you. I think someone mentioned those words above. It's the only solution for setting up your kart and tire compounds. Set it up for YOU and no one else.

CRA
CRA is offline Find More Posts by CRA
Old Nov 06, 2010, 08:03 PM
Joined Aug 2010
185 Posts
I wasn't expecting all this. I guess I'll follow the kind words of Digdug and CRA. Both mentioned setting up my new kart to my standards. I figured there was an easy way.

Big Donald
Old Nov 06, 2010, 08:58 PM
number6
Alabama / Arab Al
Joined Apr 2009
213 Posts
Remember tires are a simple way to tune your kart and the only way unless you change the front springs. I wouldn't as the springs are perfectly tuned at .014
Number6 is offline Find More Posts by Number6
Old Nov 07, 2010, 11:14 AM
EatenDirt
TN
Joined Jun 2009
306 Posts
Leave your foams as they are. Front springs as number6 said are a simple and easy tune up for front end push.
EatenDirt is offline Find More Posts by EatenDirt
Old Nov 08, 2010, 01:21 PM
Panama City Beach FL
Joined Apr 2009
645 Posts
Well don't go buying the ones Jeff grabbed. He claimed they weren't worth a H@@T

Ceri
CeriJonston is offline Find More Posts by CeriJonston
Old Nov 09, 2010, 12:30 PM
Joined Aug 2010
185 Posts
Right now I'm leaning towards the xxp's all the way around. I'll go ahead and keep my stock set incase I need push in the front. I think this route is the easiest way to go it seems.

Big Donald
Old Nov 09, 2010, 09:03 PM
Whats Black and has 24's?
Alabama, B-ham area
Joined Apr 2009
443 Posts
I run what works for me as well. Most of the time I use firm to hard fronts and always the same medium rears. Never do I use anything else in the rear tire department.

Gottacuda
GottaCuda is offline Find More Posts by GottaCuda
Old Nov 10, 2010, 06:41 PM
Out side of Destin FL.
Joined Sep 2009
339 Posts
If he's eager to change the tires let him go. Buy you some firm fronts and medium to soft rears. No matter what's said up in here. It's what they run when their on the track.

JB'
djskiptonic is offline Find More Posts by djskiptonic
Old Nov 11, 2010, 11:38 AM
Joined Aug 2010
185 Posts
I bought my rolling kart primered with stock wheels as some of you racers call them spec tires. If you guys and gals remember correctly I chose to build my kart so I could find my way around it. The tires which came at the time are a basic firm rubber combo. I did order some "newier mag type" after I recieved my kart. John or someone like that failed to upgrade me so Robert sent me a set out NC but I have no idea what they are. I believe what you on here have taught me is there firm. On that note I can say I have firm tires right now. For more front end bite I need a softer spring or softer front tire?

Big Donald
A little lost in GA
Old Nov 11, 2010, 08:57 PM
CRA
Joined Dec 2009
170 Posts
Told you who this was, the quality ford kart guy. Payup Jeff!

CRA
CRA is offline Find More Posts by CRA
Old Nov 12, 2010, 09:37 AM
Dave N Cindy
Joined Jul 2009
110 Posts
Since everyone here is on a tire kick. Last call: Does anyone need tires or body panels? Anything?

Dave
DNC
DaveNCindy is offline Find More Posts by DaveNCindy