Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 10, 2011, 08:33 AM
Mongolia, Ulaanbaatar, Khan Uul
Joined Jan 2011
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyKillmore View Post
chuck, I used this device to get things working: http://www.pololu.com/file/0J37/ssc03a_guide.pdf
It does not require the device number (0xAA) message that your board appears to. I will have to investigate.
Thanks.
I decided just to get the ssc03a you pointed out.

Chuck
chuck99z28 is offline Find More Posts by chuck99z28
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2011, 09:38 AM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
I ordered the one you pointed out as well....
HappyKillmore is offline Find More Posts by HappyKillmore
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 10, 2011, 05:08 PM
Joined Oct 2008
118 Posts
Happy, were you able to look at the file I uploaded above? I just can't seem to read any saved data in HKGCS or the updated FLAN which now reads your data format.

Cheers,
Mike
datapolo is offline Find More Posts by datapolo
Old Aug 10, 2011, 05:23 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
I have not been able to investigate. Too much on my plate at the moment.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 08:28 AM
Joined May 2011
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyKillmore View Post
Good question. Here's the trouble with the current APM code. There is no heartbeat that the APM expects to recieve from the GCS. I have made a request but it hasn't been added yet. Right now, when you click "enable" on the joystick tab of my GCS, the APM starts listening to the GCS for joystick input. The APM won't listen to R/C input until the enable button is unchecked.... but if the GCS crashes, that's a problem. I would like for the APM to listen for heartbeats and after it's missed X number of heartbeats, give control back to the APM.

Fly By Wire A is the best mode to test in....or full Auto. I wouldn't test in software manual either (we're still working on changing modes via the GCS)...

The joystick will work in every mode except hardware manual (which would mean it's set by the R/C channel). If you select Manual Mode in the GCS' control tab, then you can fly it 100% manually....but again, I wouldn't try this until you have some comfort in the auto/stabilization type modes.
HK,
any news about APM expectation from GCS heartbeat ?

I see also some discussion regarding Xbee 900MHz, is it working with GCS + APM ?
grandbourgueul is offline Find More Posts by grandbourgueul
Old Sep 10, 2011, 12:49 PM
Joined Nov 2001
639 Posts
Paul, how do I get rid of the " the is your Captain speaking" announcement ? :-)

Thanks,

Bob
hobbyboy is offline Find More Posts by hobbyboy
Old Sep 10, 2011, 06:14 PM
Moore, Oklahoma
Joined Oct 2004
4,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbyboy View Post
Paul, how do I get rid of the " the is your Captain speaking" announcement ? :-)

Thanks,

Bob
In settings..... Turn it off
airmcn_3 is offline Find More Posts by airmcn_3
Old Sep 10, 2011, 10:15 PM
Joined Nov 2001
639 Posts
Thanks Chris, but you might have to give me a better hint then that. The instructions you gave me with my AttoPilot did not mention that :-) Would that be de-selecting the manual mode?

Bob
Old Sep 10, 2011, 11:36 PM
Moore, Oklahoma
Joined Oct 2004
4,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobby boy View Post
Thanks Chris, but you might have to give me a better hint then that. The instructions you gave me with my Autopilot did not mention that :-) Would that be DE-selecting the manual mode?

Bob
Bob,

Can you highlight this section so we may fix it?

Regards,
airmcn_3 is offline Find More Posts by airmcn_3
Old Sep 10, 2011, 11:47 PM
Joined Nov 2001
639 Posts
I can't copy the pdf, but it is on Page 6. No mention of the anouncments and PIP (of Paul?) that shows up in the Map. So...... is that correct? I assume it has something to do with the manual mode then?
Old Sep 11, 2011, 06:41 AM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
File, Settings, Speech.

If you uncheck "Manuel Mode" it won't do the Monty Python stuff anymore.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 07:32 AM
Joined Nov 2001
639 Posts
Thanks! By the way, really great job on the ground station. It has been working great with my UDB and AttoPilot. One more thing if you don't mind. I have not been able to get the 3d model to show up on the map but it does show up in instruments. Is that function still available? Windows 7 and your latest download.

Thanks,

Bob
Old Sep 11, 2011, 09:04 AM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and it shows up for me. Does the whole 3D instrument just not show up? Or is it empty? Have you tried selecting a different model?

If the box won't show then there's something wrong with your DirectX installation. If the box is empty, this could be normal until the data starts streaming. If it still doesn't show then check to see if you have a C:\Program Files (x86)\HappyKillmore\GCS\3D Models folder. It's the *.x files that are used in the instrument. The *.dae are for Google Earth.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 10:30 AM
Joined Nov 2001
639 Posts
Got the intrument ok just not on the map. I will look for .dae. By the way, this is on the play back but I can't see how it would be any different. Everything else works great during playback.

Thanks,
Bob
Old Sep 11, 2011, 11:06 AM
Joined Nov 2001
639 Posts
Got all the files. Deleted and downloaded several times. Could it be a GE setting? Also updated Direct X files too.
Last edited by hobbyboy; Sep 11, 2011 at 11:32 AM.