SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:52 PM
Inherent Tinkerer
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Joined Jul 2003
1,428 Posts
Does anyone know if the GCS will be compatible with the new version of Windows that will be on tablet computers released next month? That would be a neat ground station!

Jimmy
jtprouty is offline Find More Posts by jtprouty
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 23, 2011, 03:58 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
The Lite Version is the free/open-source version. Something new is coming.

I don't know anything about a new version of Windows....
HappyKillmore is offline Find More Posts by HappyKillmore
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 23, 2011, 06:05 PM
Near Austin
Joined Dec 2001
5,388 Posts
Jimmy is talking about Win8 that is due out in November. It will closely mimic the Apple (imagine that!) touch screen approach in the IPad. Most touch screens have the same interface that a mouse uses so the heavy lifting will already be done. The big hangup will be the pop up keyboard that will be required. That API takes a little more work to include. I'm sure there are toolkits out there for it now, but we're still trying to get flying here.

So what I'm hearing is there will be an HK "Heavy" that will be a fee per seat software. Yes?

Happy, also noticed that you have screen artifacts coming through from subsequent screens into the instrument panel, e.g. go to serial data, then back to the instrument panel and at least one instrument will have bleed through from othe previous screen.

Gene
CenTexFlyer is online now Find More Posts by CenTexFlyer
Old Jun 23, 2011, 08:27 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
Hmmm....I haven't seen that....perhaps a memory leak? I'll look into it.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:11 PM
Near Austin
Joined Dec 2001
5,388 Posts
Also, was working through some scenarios.........

We do quite a bit of SAR work and use a grid pattern based upon altitude and FOV of our camera and we used to save those as a WP.TXT file in previous Atto versions. Is there a way to overlay that pattern on a Google map and adjust the coverage pattern and save that? Atto used to use the "R" prefix on WP.TXT files to make them relative to home start point, just don't know how to do that in the GCS.

Thanks!

Gene
Old Jun 24, 2011, 08:58 AM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
Currently, no, but that's something I've been considering.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 01:08 PM
Near Austin
Joined Dec 2001
5,388 Posts
This modem stuff is driving me nutz! It's 9Xtends this time.

If I get a good loopback test between the modems on the XTCU range test at 38400, it should just link right through the GCS if the comm port and settings match, right?

Serial terminal shows that Atto is talking and it's being received. GCS will will sometimes even warn me when I unplug one of the modems while it's connected.

Whiskey Tango Fox?!?!!?
Old Jun 24, 2011, 04:57 PM
Near Austin
Joined Dec 2001
5,388 Posts
Example

Here's a screen shot of what I'm getting. When I first started the GCS, I could see my desktop icons in that spot. I cycled through the instruments and it finally stuck on the mis-sized battery indicator.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 09:31 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
That's a missing _Paint event on the 3D model. I removed several to try and cut down on overhead. I'll have to put it back.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 06:16 PM
Joined Jul 2008
264 Posts
I am getting the same thing as CenTexFlyer
Mecha is offline Find More Posts by Mecha
Old Jun 26, 2011, 07:31 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
Next update should fix this issue. It also will go away as soon as you connect to the auto-pilot...as update data will start changing the pitch, roll and yaw values and the plane will start re-drawing.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 09:44 AM
Near Austin
Joined Dec 2001
5,388 Posts
OK.......

Looks like the issue of having to select Attopilot and Vehicle "0" is now fixed. Thanks!
Still have the memory hole where all instruments aren't painting. Or they are painting inconsistently.
Does not go away when connected.
On Instrument view - if you have both the large and the small instrument displayed, the large instrument does not update. E.g. you make the focus instrument the attitude indicator - it goes large in the left hand corner, but does not update along with the smaller one on the right.
Also, if you have a 3D model view up, it sometimes goes away as you cycle through the instruments - or just switch between one instrument.
I would imagine the switching and updating in that code is a real Boolean soup!

Gene
Old Jul 03, 2011, 08:20 AM
NJ
Joined Dec 2006
68 Posts
What is the difference in the lite version? Also I seem to have a problem getting the Google earth to start on the first run of the program on a Netbook. I have to kill it and reopen and than things run fine?? I'm running the latest version.
WA2TQI is offline Find More Posts by WA2TQI
Old Jul 03, 2011, 04:24 PM
Joined Sep 2008
97 Posts
Happy,

I have done walk around tests with my laptop running your GCS v.1.38 and two different GPS receivers connected via serial cable to laptop. In both cases I get the track displayed on google photo as I move around. Today I connected one of the receivers (Feiyu one at 38400 baud) via modem to my laptop. My aerocomm modems were set up for 38400 baud prior. In this case I do not get any action at all on your GCS. No track, not sats in view no coordinates, no nothing. I had the HK GCS open with the map for the area displaying but without internet connectivity. The GPS data was being received OK by laptop as confirmed by using a serial monitor utility that showed the GPS sentences with updated lat, long, etc data . However the HK GCS did not refelect this.

Just getting a gcs to display track correctly via datalink will be a major achievement, let alone all the other bells and whistles!!

If you have any suggestions on how to overcome this hurdle I would appreciate it.

takre care and thanks
tete is offline Find More Posts by tete
Old Jul 03, 2011, 06:06 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
My GCS does not have offline mapping available.

I'm working on a "Pro" version that will have that available. But it's not ready yet.