Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 06, 2011, 04:14 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
It says it consumed something like 250mA to power the XSC....which might be too much with the other loads on the system? I don't know, I'm just guessing here.
HappyKillmore is offline Find More Posts by HappyKillmore
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 11, 2011, 02:09 PM
Joined Sep 2008
97 Posts
Happy have you by any chance got the complete bidirectional datalink protocol for the FY21AP? If so could you make it available?

I have a version from last year but it is incomplete. It does not have the commands for setting all the flight modes nor the command for changing to datalink control.

I am programing a utility for communicating (uplinking) with the AP21 via modem in conjunction with your current GCS for tracking, recording, etc

regards
tete is offline Find More Posts by tete
Old Jun 11, 2011, 03:01 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
I fried my FY21AP about a month ago by plugging it in to my USB to TTL wrong... the FY21AP has very, very minimal bi-directional abilities. But I didn't those done before frying it.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 09:50 PM
Moore, Oklahoma
Joined Oct 2004
4,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyKillmore View Post
I fried my FY21AP about a month ago by plugging it in to my USB to TTL wrong... the FY21AP has very, very minimal bi-directional abilities. But I didn't those done before frying it.
Too funny! SORRY I had to laugh.......
airmcn_3 is offline Find More Posts by airmcn_3
Old Jun 21, 2011, 10:26 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts

New version of the GCS posted 1.3.1. It includes new instruments, vario tones, guided mode for APM and a bunch of bug fixes.

http://code.google.com/p/happykillmo...downloads/list
Old Jun 22, 2011, 12:16 AM
Registered Crasher
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,087 Posts
Looking good!
Bilox is offline Find More Posts by Bilox
Old Jun 22, 2011, 01:30 AM
United States, CA, California City
Joined Mar 2011
26 Posts
Top Notch!
MRM RCModels is offline Find More Posts by MRM RCModels
Old Jun 22, 2011, 03:13 AM
Adelaide, SA
Joined Sep 2009
48 Posts
Looks fantastic Happy! Great work.
Andrew Dunlop is offline Find More Posts by Andrew Dunlop
Old Jun 22, 2011, 07:23 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,812 Posts
This looks awesome. I may have asked this before, but in this version, can the tabs "map view" and "live camera" be displayed side by side or top/bottom?
tclaridge is offline Find More Posts by tclaridge
Old Jun 22, 2011, 09:03 AM
Near Austin
Joined Dec 2001
5,349 Posts
More and more polished! The new instruments look great. Do we still have to select AttoPilot and Vehicle 0 before we connect or is that default saved in this release?

Regardless, good job!

Gene
CenTexFlyer is offline Find More Posts by CenTexFlyer
Old Jun 22, 2011, 09:08 AM
Near Austin
Joined Dec 2001
5,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTexFlyer View Post
Still no joy on the Xbee XSC modems though..... this game is getting pretty old. I'd rather be flying!
Just realized that I hadn't posted the resolution to my Xbee problem. I was powering my modem directly off the flight pack at 12.6V. Even though the adapter says 4-14V we've found that it's not a good idea to power them at the upper limit of the adapter. When dropped back to the 5V from the UBEC the modem fired up with no lockups - exactly as it should.

Gene
Old Jun 22, 2011, 10:19 AM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
Wow! That's good news!

I ordered a X-Bee Pro 900 "developers kit" from Digi last month. I've had a few phone messages from a guy at Digi asking if I have any questions. I've been trying to get in touch with him the last few days with no luck. I've got a bunch of technical questions for him!!!

@tclaridge, coming soon
Old Jun 22, 2011, 05:50 PM
Near Austin
Joined Dec 2001
5,349 Posts
I've been working with the new GCS trying to get a 9Xtend up and running, and I've noticed that the response to the spinners seemed to have slowed down a bit when you try to select the configuration tab and select an autopilot and aircraft number.

Of course, the 9Xtend is giving me fits. Sometimes I hate RF communications......
Old Jun 22, 2011, 08:08 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
Yes, the response is slowed down a bit....this is mostly caused by the "smoothing" routine for the instruments. You can go into File, Settings, Instruments and uncheck "Smooth Instruments" and you should see the response back to normal (maybe a bit faster than it was prior to v1.3.X)
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:37 AM
Near Austin
Joined Dec 2001
5,349 Posts
Lite? Whazzat? It does respond quicker though to mouse/keyboard inputs.