Last edited by billh117; Apr 26, 2011 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Double post
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2011, 03:41 PM
Near Austin
Joined Dec 2001
5,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyKillmore View Post
Atto log files currently do not open. Logs recorded with my GCS are .hko files and they will open.
Will there be an Atto log import feature for those flights where we don't take a computer in the field?
CenTexFlyer is offline Find More Posts by CenTexFlyer
Old Apr 26, 2011, 09:14 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
Yes. I think the logs are recorded on the SD card? My plan is to make it possible to open these files and play them back just like the .hko files.
HappyKillmore is offline Find More Posts by HappyKillmore
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 27, 2011, 06:13 PM
Near Austin
Joined Dec 2001
5,381 Posts
Cool! Now if you think about it..... you have on board backup of the HKO file, all you'd need is the ability to erase the one on the SD card through the GCS and you'd never have to take it out unless something corrupted.
CenTexFlyer is offline Find More Posts by CenTexFlyer
Old Apr 28, 2011, 06:00 PM
Joined Oct 2010
74 Posts
im trying to translate your GCS in Arabic but i think im doing something wrong?

because when i tried to translate i used StringResourceEditor but when i translate anything i dont see any changes in the GCS do i need to do any extra step? i added the language in the language file also.
alz3abi is offline Find More Posts by alz3abi
Old Apr 28, 2011, 08:40 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
You may have to select it on the File, Settings, General Tab. Confirm it is saved in C:\Program Files\HappyKillmore\GCS\Language
Old Apr 29, 2011, 04:05 AM
Joined Oct 2010
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyKillmore View Post
You may have to select it on the File, Settings, General Tab. Confirm it is saved in C:\Program Files\HappyKillmore\GCS\Language
it is saved but when i change it to ARabic i still get the default language still not sure if there is missing step.
alz3abi is offline Find More Posts by alz3abi
Old Apr 30, 2011, 01:55 AM
Gaftopher
Nottingham Road South Africa/Bedford UK
Joined Feb 2007
3,815 Posts
Wow HK has influence I see the entire site now has Manuel mode

Gary Mortimer is offline Find More Posts by Gary Mortimer
Old May 02, 2011, 02:04 PM
Joined May 2011
5 Posts
I've just discovered the GCS and really want to congratulate and thanks you.

I modify my post as I'm working on the architecture I want: Does anybody has a look on and provide me a feedback if it is working or not ?
grandbourgueul is offline Find More Posts by grandbourgueul
Last edited by grandbourgueul; May 05, 2011 at 03:37 AM. Reason: missing data
Old May 05, 2011, 02:05 PM
Mongolia, Ulaanbaatar, Khan Uul
Joined Jan 2011
247 Posts
Have you ever considered putting the OSD on the GCS instead of on the plane?

The OSD would be between the video receiver and the monitor.

This way we could use the regular fpv goggles to get the GCS info and the video.
Its hard to find good goggles which use svga. But composite video is easy.
chuck99z28 is offline Find More Posts by chuck99z28
Old May 05, 2011, 03:45 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
grandbourgueul, you're really taking a risk there. Yes, it is "possible" to run everything via the GCS...but I wouldn't say it's been tested nearly enough to elinimate the R/C radio all together.

chuck99z28, I've considered doing an overlay on top of the video feed and then outputting it somewhere that the video goggles can plug into... but I haven't had time and had very few requests thus far.
Old May 05, 2011, 04:02 PM
Mongolia, Ulaanbaatar, Khan Uul
Joined Jan 2011
247 Posts
HK,
would it work with the Remzibi or would it require new hardware?

I would really like the artificial horizon to work with the Ardupilot APM.

I've seen the work, to share GPS, but now with mavlink it seemed easier to move the whole thing down to the GCS.

Your GCS is wonderful by the way.
chuck99z28 is offline Find More Posts by chuck99z28
Old May 05, 2011, 04:15 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
No, the idea would be to eliminate the need for the OSD hardware. The video signal would come in to the laptop where the OSD overlay would take place...then the video would get fed out to the goggles. Once again putting a lot of faith in Windows, your laptop, my GCS... all very risky if you ask me....

Thanks for the compliment....

PS, you can make an artificial horizon work using Remzibi's OSD with the ArduPilot Mega. It's not the prettiest thing in the world, but it works. It uses a serial data stream out of the APM to provide data to the OSD. I had it working with the old ArduPilot and I think there's a guy out there who got it working with the APM....
Old May 05, 2011, 10:17 PM
Joined May 2011
5 Posts
HK,
I understand. but the implementation of the joystick in HK GCS was not done for this use (to pilote the UAV via the GCS ?)

or could we pilote via the GCS + redundant link via R/C radio
grandbourgueul is offline Find More Posts by grandbourgueul
Old May 05, 2011, 10:22 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
Yes, I added joystick control to pilot the ArduPilot Mega, AttoPilot or UavDevBoard via the GCS. You can also control a comera on the Millswood Engineering Failsafe board. However, I don't know how many people have tried to actually fly the plane with the joystick.

I have 2 desktop computers. One is about 6 years old. It's been my developement computer for all that time. When I moved my joystick and watched the servos move, could see a delay....maybe 250ms. My other computer is a "low end" i3 running Windows 7 64 bit. On this system I see no delay. So I would say it also delends upon what computer you're going to use for your laptop.

My biggest concern is any kind of software crash might cause a plane crash....