HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 04, 2011, 06:17 AM
Joined Oct 2010
74 Posts
I did it !!! i found a way to connect it without using FTDI cable but USB to FTDI!!

i used Zigbee USB shied pin to do the connection " i will write the steps later"

here the pics and im ready to do any changes
alz3abi is offline Find More Posts by alz3abi
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2011, 07:20 AM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
Nice! Next, you'll need to right click on the NAV_SOL and enable it. I'm suprised that VELNED was on as your heading was not changing. Do you have a magnetometer on your APM?

Once you enable SOL, then there's something to hit to save the settings, but I'll have to look for that once I get home.
HappyKillmore is offline Find More Posts by HappyKillmore
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 04, 2011, 12:20 PM
Chris Anderson
San Francisco/Bay Area
Joined Mar 2007
938 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alz3abi View Post
I did it !!! i found a way to connect it without using FTDI cable but USB to FTDI!!

i used Zigbee USB shied pin to do the connection " i will write the steps later"

here the pics and im ready to do any changes
that's good news! If you can document it, I'll add it to the APM manual.

The previous method using APM directly (which didn't work for you--sorry!) was also submitted by a user. I've removed it, but will happily substitute yours, which seems smart.
zlite is offline Find More Posts by zlite
Old Apr 04, 2011, 12:29 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
Yes! It looks like he's using the X-Bee carrier as an FTDI cable. Pretty slick!

Chris, I think the code that you had posted could be modified to directly read the pins (ie PORTE) with a mask to read and write correctly. But the digitalRead and digitalWrite take somthing like 16 commands each. Times 4 (2 reads and 2 writes) is 64 commands. It can be done in far less by someone who knows what they're doing (not me).

Maybe Mike or Doug have a few minutes to do that????
Old Apr 04, 2011, 02:39 PM
Joined Oct 2010
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyKillmore View Post
Nice! Next, you'll need to right click on the NAV_SOL and enable it. I'm suprised that VELNED was on as your heading was not changing. Do you have a magnetometer on your APM?

Once you enable SOL, then there's something to hit to save the settings, but I'll have to look for that once I get home.
i enabled SOL but still have the same issue, check also Test 2

i kept the GPS on around 5~8 minutes but no luck with stability
Old Apr 04, 2011, 02:43 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
Did you re-connect it to uCenter to confirm it's enabled?

If you didn't save it, then SOL is turned off again. Just enabling only turns it on until the power gets shut off... then it will be disabled again when it starts up.
Old Apr 04, 2011, 02:46 PM
Joined Oct 2010
74 Posts
Quote:
Did you re-connect it to uCenter to confirm it's enabled?

If you didn't save it, then SOL is turned off again. Just enabling only turns it on until the power gets shut off... then it will be disabled again when it starts up.
Sorry i just checked @_@ , ya i didnt save , im trying to save it but not sure how to save it
Old Apr 04, 2011, 02:47 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
In uCenter, Receiver, Actions, Save Config.
Old Apr 04, 2011, 02:48 PM
Joined Oct 2010
74 Posts
Quote:
magnetometer on your APM?
i just have IMU so do i have to keep it or disable it?
Old Apr 04, 2011, 03:44 PM
Joined Oct 2010
74 Posts
after the changes, im unable to connect through zigbee, it showing "connected to com 7 at 57k" but 0.00% GPS msg! and in IMU the GPS is locked , strange
Old Apr 04, 2011, 03:50 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
uCenter is full of bugs. The auto detect on baud rate only works sometimes. You'll need to select 38,400 and then select 38,400 and then select 38,400 (yes, I click on it multiple times because it doesn't seem to take on the first try). Then click the drop down for port and select the right port. Again, none of this has anything to do with the point of this thread.
Old Apr 04, 2011, 04:06 PM
Joined Oct 2010
74 Posts
Quote:
uCenter is full of bugs. The auto detect on baud rate only works sometimes. You'll need to select 38,400 and then select 38,400 and then select 38,400 (yes, I click on it multiple times because it doesn't seem to take on the first try). Then click the drop down for port and select the right port. Again, none of this has anything to do with the point of this thread.
in my Zigbee it showing RSSI is green , the Zigbee Baud rate is 57k and 38k for GPS but it showing no signal at all in your GCS!

do you think i need to re config my Zigbee again ? because im unable to connect through X-CTU, im Little bit confused .
Old Apr 04, 2011, 07:12 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
Try this code in APM_config.h. Remove the Zigbee's. Just connect the uBlox to the APM (not the IMU).... connect the IMU on to the APM. Connect your USB to the IMU (that's what the GCS will be connecting to).

Code:
#define FLIGHT_MODE_CHANNEL	8
#define FLIGHT_MODE_1		AUTO
#define FLIGHT_MODE_2		RTL
#define FLIGHT_MODE_3 		FLY_BY_WIRE_A
#define FLIGHT_MODE_4       FLY_BY_WIRE_B
#define FLIGHT_MODE_5       STABILIZE
#define FLIGHT_MODE_6       MANUAL
#define GPS_PROTOCOL 		GPS_PROTOCOL_UBLOX
#define GCS_PROTOCOL        GCS_PROTOCOL_MAVLINK
#define GCS_PORT            0
//#define GPS_PORT            2
#define SERIAL0_BAUD        38400
#define SERIAL1_BAUD        38400
#define SERIAL2_BAUD        38400
#define SERIAL3_BAUD        38400
Old Apr 05, 2011, 03:55 PM
Joined Oct 2010
74 Posts
i got my zigbee working and the Sats is working but still there is minor issue i guess can you check my Test3 file and see if everything is ok or need to modify somthing?

Edit: this was ground testing i was moving but it also give me wrong position. no accurate like before.
Old Apr 05, 2011, 04:46 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
What is the minor issue? I have no idea what is supposed to be happening unless you tell me....