HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 23, 2011, 08:20 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,924 Posts
Happy,
Another question from the newbie. I noticed three OSDs on the market with stabilization and waypoints (Dragon, Super Cyclops, and Range Video). Can the GCS work with these to provide in-flight monitoring? Also, can the mission planner by Michael Oborne be used to load these OSDs with waypoints? My guess is no because the mission planner looks to be hardware specific.
tclaridge is online now Find More Posts by tclaridge
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2011, 07:17 AM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
The GCS is not compatible with any of those OSD (or any OSD right now). To the best of my knowledge, none of those OSD's have a telemetry datastream output....so there is no data other than the video signal that reaches the ground. Michael Oborne's planner is only for the ArduPilot Mega.
HappyKillmore is offline Find More Posts by HappyKillmore
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 24, 2011, 08:02 AM
Australia, New South Wales, St Leonards
Joined Aug 2009
368 Posts
anyone use joystick with Atto? I have Atto RTL and is using the GCS to config Atto, the GCS has calibrated my Joystick, wonder it will fly the plane?
piccoloflyer is offline Find More Posts by piccoloflyer
Old Mar 24, 2011, 08:23 PM
Near Austin
Joined Dec 2001
5,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by piccoloflyer View Post
anyone use joystick with Atto? I have Atto RTL and is using the GCS to config Atto, the GCS has calibrated my Joystick, wonder it will fly the plane?
Having flown a UA over a 900Mhz control link I can tell you that you won't like the latency very much. You have have to stay about three steps in front of the aircraft to keep from over/under controlling it into the ground!
CenTexFlyer is online now Find More Posts by CenTexFlyer
Old Mar 24, 2011, 09:25 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
I'm not sure the guys from Atto have actually flown it with the joystick....but they tell me that you're more or less nudging the plane where to go. It's joystick assisted auto pilot....not the other way around.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 02:00 AM
Registered Crasher
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,151 Posts
Yeah I can't wait to try it!
Bilox is offline Find More Posts by Bilox
Old Mar 25, 2011, 02:47 AM
Australia, New South Wales, St Leonards
Joined Aug 2009
368 Posts
I guess the xbee 900 pro only transmit 256kbit/s , maybe good for camera pan&tilt,
piccoloflyer is offline Find More Posts by piccoloflyer
Old Mar 25, 2011, 04:45 AM
Joined Oct 2010
74 Posts
Hi guys i have few question im looking for an answer,

1-

in my serial setting i see max Altitude , max GPS and max way point

5HZ 4HZ 2HZ

the question which is best for my config ? i used U-block GPS and zigbee 900

2-

after finishing mission plan how to make the airplane take off auto or how to do ground test , to check the motor speed and servo respond ?

3- can we make ground test in RC car ?
alz3abi is offline Find More Posts by alz3abi
Old Mar 25, 2011, 08:03 AM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
1) That's really a function of the processing power of your computer. If you're seeing extreme lag, then you'll need to turn down either Attitude or GPS or both. Waypoint (for right now) also includes the servo and sensor data so that means those data streams will only update as fast as your waypoint setting is configured. So I typically use 5, 3, 2. At 38,400 the X-Bees will easily handle that throughput. At 57,600 it's even better.

2) With APM no current ability to auto take-off or land.

3) Jason (ArduPilot/ArduCopter developer) has a version of the APM code he uses on a car. I haven't seen it posted anywhere but you might want to ask on DIYDrones for a copy.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 03:01 PM
Joined Oct 2010
74 Posts
thanks HK for your reply, i will try my best if i faced any issue i will ask later .
alz3abi is offline Find More Posts by alz3abi
Old Mar 26, 2011, 09:07 PM
Joined Mar 2009
87 Posts
is there a way to recorde your mission to play back later as i thought the data file was for that but didnt work
tazmadman is offline Find More Posts by tazmadman
Old Mar 27, 2011, 08:09 AM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
tazmadman, there have been some recent changes to the way I'm handling data behind the scenes. I had to disable the data file playback for a short time to get those issues resolved. With the latest build that's up on the Google Code site, you should be able to type in a new file name in the combo box and hit the record button.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 04:50 PM
Joined Mar 2009
87 Posts
thanks Happy
also thanks for all your hard work what youve made is great and we really do thank you for it
tazmadman is offline Find More Posts by tazmadman
Old Mar 27, 2011, 05:14 PM
Registered Crasher
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,151 Posts
Hey guys,

For everyone that it loving this GCS, remember there is a Donate button on Happy's site.

Cheers

Scott
Bilox is offline Find More Posts by Bilox
Old Mar 27, 2011, 05:54 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
Thanks guys