HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 26, 2011, 07:49 PM
NJ
Joined Dec 2006
68 Posts
Fuzna, I see you have a Atto V2 board. Can you post a picture of the end of the GPS cable. I want to see if mine is wired correctly.
WA2TQI is offline Find More Posts by WA2TQI
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2011, 02:24 AM
germany - nds
Joined May 2009
115 Posts
hello, its difficult to take a photo, because the board ist in the plane...

the cam is too big for taken photos inside the plane :-) but in the manual is all what you need...

connect your gps on the servo output side.the RIGHT pins are for gps.black wire on the black point.vss to the red point..

Name: IMG_3224.JPG
Views: 81
Size: 113.2 KB
Description:
fuzna is offline Find More Posts by fuzna
Old Feb 27, 2011, 04:15 AM
Registered Crasher
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,136 Posts
Hi Happy,

We were using you GCS on the weekend and it worked awesome!
I had an idea for ATTO, It would be nice if you could export the SET file out from the GCS as a .txt file. And then later import it and then save it to ATTO.
This would be good for people first setting up an ATTO or if you were moving ATTO from one airframe to the next.

Cheers!

Scott
Bilox is offline Find More Posts by Bilox
Old Feb 27, 2011, 07:25 AM
NJ
Joined Dec 2006
68 Posts
Thanks for the pix. I was looking for the colors of the wires on the GPS connector and what order they are in. Mine are black,red,orange,brown.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 08:29 AM
Moore, Oklahoma
Joined Oct 2004
4,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WA2TQI View Post
Thanks for the pix. I was looking for the colors of the wires on the GPS connector and what order they are in. Mine are black,red,orange,brown.
Black is ground. You can only plug it in two ways and one is wrong. Black to Black, Red to Red. Your GPS is wired correctly from the Molex plug to the GPS antenna. It may take up to 12min to get lock from a cold start. The position it was last locked, was in Canada. It will take it some time to update the GPS.
airmcn_3 is offline Find More Posts by airmcn_3
Old Feb 27, 2011, 12:15 PM
NJ
Joined Dec 2006
68 Posts
Just not having any luck on getting the gps to Atto working. I ran the gps up on my hyperterm and the NEMA strings look good, but after gps lock, nothing shows on HK's gcs. I'm out of ideas. This is a V2 atto with thermopiles.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 01:22 PM
Moore, Oklahoma
Joined Oct 2004
4,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WA2TQI View Post
Just not having any luck on getting the gps to Atto working. I ran the gps up on my hyperterm and the NEMA strings look good, but after gps lock, nothing shows on HK's gcs. I'm out of ideas. This is a V2 atto with thermopiles.
Sounds weird..... Are you setting home position after getting a good sat count via the LED?

I will hook up a 2.0 system and check it out.

Lets move this over to www.attopilot.ning.com and I will work with you there.

Thanks,

Chris
airmcn_3 is offline Find More Posts by airmcn_3
Last edited by airmcn_3; Feb 27, 2011 at 01:38 PM.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 04:05 PM
NJ
Joined Dec 2006
68 Posts
Thanks Chris
Old Feb 27, 2011, 08:58 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
WA2TQI, don't sweat it. This is probably a simple typo on my part. My plate has just been full with other projects... I'll get to it.
HappyKillmore is offline Find More Posts by HappyKillmore
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 28, 2011, 12:47 AM
Helsingborg, Sweden
Joined Sep 2001
1,815 Posts
fuzna - thanks for the picture!

/Bjorn
icebear is offline Find More Posts by icebear
Old Mar 07, 2011, 09:59 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,913 Posts
Happy, I was thinking of starting simple, and using your ground station to track a plane that has the UThere Ruby on board. Can I use your GCS with the Ruby for real time data monitoring of altitude, speed, and postion?
tclaridge is online now Find More Posts by tclaridge
Old Mar 07, 2011, 06:54 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
I do not know what telemetry output Ruby offers. If it's simple NMEA, uBlox or SiRF, no problem. If it's something else I'd need a protocol doc.
Old Mar 07, 2011, 07:55 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,913 Posts
Sent a question to their sales. I will find out. Also, can your GCS be used as a mission planner, or do I use a separate app for that? (Sorry if that has already been addressed.)
Old Mar 08, 2011, 06:56 AM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
They have their own software. However, you should know there is no "mission planning" in Ruby. Only return to home. You can't fly waypoints with the firmware they're shipping.
Old Mar 08, 2011, 07:16 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,913 Posts
Happy, thanks for the info. I know Ruby is very limited at this time. I also like the Ardu Mega with its full capability. I am just trying to decide if the Ruby is a simple start, with added functionality later, or just start with the Ardu.