SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 30, 2011, 08:39 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
kbosak, I've been messing with the Javascript for GE... I need to do an entire re-write of the pluginhost.html file. I'm getting ready for multi-plane support and additional map sources. So it's entirely possible I have a 3D model issue.

The warning and alerts are user definable on how long before they trigger. I think you're saying the defaults are too short (3 and 6 seconds). You can also change what it says to anything you want in the speech tab under settings.

I can reverse pitch and roll no problem for MAVlink.

I must be wrongly identifying a MAVlink as a Gluon message....

I'll take a look at UNIX epoch times. The ArduPillot guys have a conference call scheduled for tonight and MAVlink is a majority of what's on the agenda. So I think they'll be ready for me next week...and I can fix these MAVlink issues. Right now I don't have a device that outputs MAVlink so it's hard for me to debug.
HappyKillmore is offline Find More Posts by HappyKillmore
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2011, 04:17 PM
Joined Oct 2010
74 Posts
what is the different between Happy GCS and Ardupilot GCS?
alz3abi is offline Find More Posts by alz3abi
Old Jan 31, 2011, 08:14 PM
I think my wheels fell off.
Perth
Joined Oct 2009
894 Posts
Hello HK

Used your GCS properly for the first time on the week end, really worked well. Thank you for your efforts with this software.

One issue I did encounter after the flight when I was back in the shed, was an inability to play back the recorded data file for my flight. It would load up and start but the give me an error "+++ASP is not a valid string after 'long'." (or something like that, I'm at work and cant repo exact message here)

I am using LEGACY protocol out over Xbee's from an APM. Strange I thought because during the flight all the data seemed correct and tracked in GE without problems. I dumped the recorded file and created a new one in the drive way but encountered the same error message.

Any advice would be appreciated. I will post a short recorded file if it may help example the problem.

Thanks.
George
Thumb_number is offline Find More Posts by Thumb_number
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:15 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
@kbosak, I got started on the MAVlink 2-way today. Things seem to be working pretty well with the ArduPilot Mega...so be looking for bug fixes and 2-way this week and next.

@alz3abi, the ArduPilot GCS was a LabView project that has been largely obsoleted. It was considered open-source but required a $1,200 per seat license from National Instruments to edit the software. It included a Google Earth API interface, speed, heading, bearing, battery, lat, long, waypoint and a few other features (but I think I hit most of them). It was compatible with ArduPilot Legacy protocol only.

Contrast that with my GCS which supports 14 different protocol inputs, 7 different servo driver outputs for antenna tracking, soon to be 4 different 2-way protocols with auto pilots (AttoPilot, ArduPilot Mega, GluonPilot and FY21AP), joystick output for 3 devices (Millswood, AttoPilot and UavDevBoard, 2 more coming soon), heatbeat messages, lost link alarms, servo in/out status, sensor status, 3D models, Chase Cam and First-person-view in Google Earth, live camera feeds, resizable layout, support down to 800 X 400 display size, command line interface, I'm working on multi plane support and other map source support. That's what I can come up with off the top of my head....and all since the end of October 2010....

@Thumb_number, please send me an output file. I've got revising my load/save functions as they're a bit screwed up. I want to be able to open any raw data file and have it load and save in other data formats. It might well be messed up as I haven't done anything with it in a while. happy@happykillmore.com
Old Feb 01, 2011, 02:10 AM
Joined Oct 2010
74 Posts
Dear happy i installed your GCS for Testing purpose before i buy the Ardupilot. but from the way-point the device showing is Attopilot , do i need to download any plug ins for Ardupoilt?
Old Feb 01, 2011, 07:20 AM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
If you're going to buy the ArduPilot Original, then the GCS will only work one way. From the plane to the ground. You cannot set waypoints or change any parameters using my GCS... If you're going to buy the ArduPilot Mega, then yes, I'm working on the 2-way MAVlink protocol right now.
Old Feb 01, 2011, 02:17 PM
Joined Oct 2010
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyKillmore View Post
If you're going to buy the ArduPilot Original, then the GCS will only work one way. From the plane to the ground. You cannot set waypoints or change any parameters using my GCS... If you're going to buy the ArduPilot Mega, then yes, I'm working on the 2-way MAVlink protocol right now.
thanks happy for your reply, just to make it clear.

if im going to buy Ardupilot original i have to use ArduPilotConfigTool to upload the waypoints.

by using your GCS im going to track where is the plane and the status of the plane but i cant modify or change any waypoint unless i reconfigure it using the ArduPilotConfigTool?

i want clear image to know which hardware and software to pick.
Old Feb 01, 2011, 02:24 PM
Worn-out the seat of my pants
Dorset UK
Joined Dec 2006
922 Posts
Hi Paul
We flew again with the latest version. Very impressive.

One slight snag was the two identical speed needles. They swapped places quite often. Any chance of making them different?

Regards

Ad
Lomcevac is offline Find More Posts by Lomcevac
Old Feb 01, 2011, 04:54 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
@alz3abi, that is correct. I have had requests to make my GCS work with the original ArduPilot for waypoint setup, but I would have to do a direct EEPROM write...which I haven't looked into. It cannot happen while in the air because there is only a single serial port on the original AP and it's connected to the GPS while in the air... The ArduPilot Mega has 4 serial ports and has been written specifically to handle parameter updates and waypoint/mission changes in flight.

@Lomcevac, are you talking about the blue and geen needles? Green is ground speed, blue is air speed. What protocol are you using? They shouldn't be identical all the time.
Old Feb 01, 2011, 07:48 PM
I think my wheels fell off.
Perth
Joined Oct 2009
894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyKillmore View Post
@Thumb_number, please send me an output file. I've got revising my load/save functions as they're a bit screwed up. I want to be able to open any raw data file and have it load and save in other data formats. It might well be messed up as I haven't done anything with it in a while. happy@happykillmore.com
No worries mate. Have emailed you a .HKO that produces the error.

Conversion from string "+++ASP" to type 'Long' is not valid.

Hope it helps.
George.
Thumb_number is offline Find More Posts by Thumb_number
Old Feb 01, 2011, 08:42 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
Got it fixed. Will be working in the next release. You'll still be able to playback the files you already have recorded.
Old Feb 01, 2011, 11:18 PM
Joined Jun 2005
18 Posts
Happy, you can handle epoch time in a one liner if you go that route:

int epoch = (int)(DateTime.UtcNow - new DateTime(1970, 1, 1)).TotalSeconds;
Entens is offline Find More Posts by Entens
Old Feb 02, 2011, 02:19 AM
Joined Oct 2010
74 Posts
Dear happy when do you think you are going to finish the GCS with Ardu Mega?

because i have to submit my final project this may.
Old Feb 02, 2011, 07:12 AM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
@Entens, I'm not sure which issue you were referring to... I currently have a problem with the MAVlink protocol not being compatible with Sirf, NMEA or MediaTek as they are in Date/Time format...so that 1 liner won't work on the AutoPilot but it will on ground station.

@alz3abi, I'm hoping this weekend or next week at the latest
Last edited by HappyKillmore; Feb 03, 2011 at 06:55 AM.
Old Feb 02, 2011, 08:52 AM
Near Austin
Joined Dec 2001
5,398 Posts
Happy,

Would it be possible to add a screen that graphed the raw data coming in from the IMU? If you had a graph of each discrete channel of data you could judge whether all your gyro/accel axes were nominal before launch. I believe it would be helpful as preflight tool.

Thanks

Gene
CenTexFlyer is offline Find More Posts by CenTexFlyer