HappyKillmore is offline Find More Posts by HappyKillmore
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:00 PM
germany - nds
Joined May 2009
115 Posts
works fine now ! thanks

another thing i have found.i donīt now you are ready with control button.

if i click ANY button in the "control" section, the atto goes in auto modus.AND STAY there !!! no chance to get back in manual.also if i disconnect the telemetry: the atto stay in auto !

one wrong klick at flight, and the plane fly away or circle until the battery is empty

olli
fuzna is offline Find More Posts by fuzna
Old Jan 19, 2011, 03:29 PM
Joined Jun 2005
18 Posts
I see you've started adding the groundwork for joystick control. Are you shooting for flight control, control over an accessory gimbal, or both?
Entens is offline Find More Posts by Entens
Old Jan 19, 2011, 03:48 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
funza, that Autonomous button will be gone with the next release. I talked to Dean about it. It shouldn't be on there for the reason you just stated. I didn't know not to based on the manual.

Entens, my plan is to make it fully flexible. Frankly, the actual control part is going to be simple. It's the configuration tool that will be challenging. I'm hoping to make it work with all sorts of devices from PS2 style joysticks to flight sticks to just a keyboard (and maybe mouse). It should be fun.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 05:14 PM
Joined Jun 2005
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyKillmore View Post
Entens, my plan is to make it fully flexible. Frankly, the actual control part is going to be simple. It's the configuration tool that will be challenging. I'm hoping to make it work with all sorts of devices from PS2 style joysticks to flight sticks to just a keyboard (and maybe mouse). It should be fun.
Input handling sounds like a job for DirectX/XNA. I was inquiring more along the lines if you were planning on implementing some sort of interface for directly controlling the UAV (thereby bypassing a standalone transmitter) or ground control of a gimbal for aiming a camera.
Entens is offline Find More Posts by Entens
Old Jan 19, 2011, 05:18 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
Yes. MAVlink and AttoPilot currently support this direct control. So I would be translating the DirextX Joystick inputs into Auto Pilot outputs. So yes. The question will be who has the to fly via live camera view and a joystick....of even scarier, First person view on Google Earth!
Old Jan 20, 2011, 09:53 PM
Near Austin
Joined Dec 2001
5,417 Posts
Happy,

We have flown via joystick and 9Extend modems before in both FPV and "under the hood" on instruments as well. The latency issue does need to be accounted for because it can be kind of exciting waiting for your plane to pull up after you've moved the stick! Likely we will do it all again with Atto and Xbee modems.

Gene
CenTexFlyer is offline Find More Posts by CenTexFlyer
Old Jan 20, 2011, 11:16 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2010
1,030 Posts
Happy, I frequently get a "unhandled exception" with the GCS. It says "data format incorrect". It will allow you to continue using it however, its just annoying. Have you seen this?

I was first suspecting my telemetry data radios, but it happens directly connected as well.
KKUSA is offline Find More Posts by KKUSA
Old Jan 21, 2011, 12:10 AM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
I'm hoping to have my first "joystick ready" version tonight. It's going to output the $E, $F and $H commands to the Atto....

KKUSA, what Auto Pilot or GPS are you using for data in?

EDIT: Joystick version is ready for AttoPilot output
http://code.google.com/p/happykillmo...downloads/list
Last edited by HappyKillmore; Jan 21, 2011 at 01:40 AM.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 01:46 AM
Registered Crasher
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,184 Posts
Wow Happy, It just keeps getting better and better!

Could you also use the joystick to steer a PTZ Camera while in Autonomous mode? Maybe using the milswood PTZ failsafe board!

This would be awesome!!

Cheers!

Scott
Bilox is online now Find More Posts by Bilox
Old Jan 21, 2011, 08:12 AM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
Scott, yes!!!!! Andrew from Millswood was nice enough to send one to me...just a matter of time before that's added!
Old Jan 21, 2011, 08:22 AM
Joined Feb 2006
727 Posts
HK, there are different software versions depending the autopilot in use or itīs the same for all of them and the software knows what autopilot is sending the datas?
elossam is offline Find More Posts by elossam
Old Jan 21, 2011, 08:38 AM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
Same for all.... I looked around when I started writing this project. There are lots of GCS' out there...but almost all only work with one system. Millswood was an exception because they worked with ArduPilot and AttoPilot. The Qgroundcontrol works with any system on MAVlink (so actually the Auto Pilot has to change their software to be compatible).

All the different GCS' had things in them I liked...so I set out to make a simple to use, cross auto pilot platform (not cross computer platform) GCS. I also wanted to make it work for users like PicoPilot users who only have the raw GPS data.

There are still bugs all over the place and I still have lots to add, but so far it's been pretty successful.

I would say the place I have been most disappointed is with is Paparazzi which publishes no GCS protocol specs. They have their own GCS but don't seem to have any interest in sharing the protocol with anyone else. I know it's open source, but I was unable to dig through and find the info I needed.
Last edited by HappyKillmore; Jan 21, 2011 at 08:45 AM.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 12:22 PM
Near Austin
Joined Dec 2001
5,417 Posts
HK, get a few errors on installation.

First is "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\_msige52\ is invalid resource"

After installing and running, you can click on the JOYSTICK tab, lower left and it generates the unhandled exception error. "ARRAY" is undefined Value is null"

Gene
CenTexFlyer is offline Find More Posts by CenTexFlyer
Old Jan 21, 2011, 12:51 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
1.2.19 fixed the array issue. You may have a virus as the other error is google earth related.

fix it with this:

http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=5756

or try going to Control Panel, Add/Remove and remove the Google Earth Plug-in then reinstall here:

http://code.google.com/apis/earth/
Last edited by HappyKillmore; Jan 21, 2011 at 01:10 PM.