HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:00 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2010
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyKillmore View Post
I'm using Chr(255) & Chr(0) & Chr(inputValue)... so yeah, ASCII character set, but it's not going to be human readable.
Perfect!! I wasnt sure what you meant. I just recall something from my Windoze programming days about sending signed and unsigned chars and how they are interpreted as binary or ASCII. I could be thinking wrong on this though.

Digging out an SSC to give it a go!!
KKUSA is offline Find More Posts by KKUSA
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:02 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
Chase cam has been a real battle. Overhead works "pretty good" when zooming in and out. Still not as good as I'd like. The trouble with chase cam is the math gets funky in that the camera and angle are constantly changing in reference to the plane's altitude. For now, it will keep adjusting to the pre-defined zoom level. I have considered adding another slider to adjust, but it's low on the priority list. Making the plane smaller is no problem.
HappyKillmore is offline Find More Posts by HappyKillmore
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:16 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2010
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Chase cam has been a real battle. Overhead works "pretty good" when zooming in and out. Still not as good as I'd like. The trouble with chase cam is the math gets funky in that the camera and angle are constantly changing in reference to the plane's altitude. For now, it will keep adjusting to the pre-defined zoom level. I have considered adding another slider to adjust, but it's low on the priority list. Making the plane smaller is no problem.
No rush, just a little feedback for ya!!
KKUSA is offline Find More Posts by KKUSA
Old Jan 13, 2011, 08:21 AM
Worn-out the seat of my pants
Dorset UK
Joined Dec 2006
922 Posts
My GE issue (ignorance) now sorted thanks!

Hadn't spotted the antenna tracking functionality, interesting..that means more dumb questions I'm afraid. If I get a Pololu board to run my pan and tilt will I be able to send it data from the GCS even though I'm using an Attopilot telemetry stream?

Ad
Lomcevac is offline Find More Posts by Lomcevac
Last edited by Lomcevac; Jan 13, 2011 at 08:31 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 09:32 AM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
Yes, the data from any Auto Pilot supported by my GCS will convert the data into an output protocol for telemetry supported by my GCS. This means that even an AttoPilot user could buy an ArduStation from DIYDrones and use it for antenna tracking.

As of right now, these are the specs:

Input protocols: NMEA, uBlox, SiRF, MediaTek (DIYDrones Custom Binary), ArduPilot Legacy, ArduIMU Binary, UavDevBoard/MatrixPilot, ArduPilot Mega Binary, MAVlink, GluonPilot, AttoPilot, Paparazzi (not fully supported), FY21APII.

Output to Trackers: PanTilt (ArduTracker/Any Arduino), Angle (not supported by any device), LatLong (not supported by any device), ArduStation, Melih's Servo Driver, Pololu (needs debugged), MiniSSCII (needs debugged).

Another thing that I'm happy with so far is my calibration screen. This allows reversing of servo direction, specifying end-points and calibrating rotation angles all without changing any source code on a hardware device. The ArduTracker code in particular couldn't be more simple. It just takes the servo output millisecond values straight from the GCS and simply outputs to a servo. No need to tweak anything on the hardware. All adjustments can be done in the GCS...same is true with Pololu, Melih and MiniSSC.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 12:45 PM
Dorset UK
Joined Dec 2006
922 Posts
Very, very good.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 01:00 PM
Moore, Oklahoma
Joined Oct 2004
4,322 Posts
Looking good Paul!
airmcn_3 is offline Find More Posts by airmcn_3
Old Jan 13, 2011, 03:53 PM
Adelaide, SA
Joined Sep 2009
48 Posts
Fantastic work Paul. I've tested the MiniSSC and Pololu antenna tracking outputs with a standard Failsafe board and both protocols are working beautifully.

Cheers,
Andrew.
Andrew Dunlop is offline Find More Posts by Andrew Dunlop
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:00 AM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
Andrew, please test 1.1.41 for me. I've made some changes to the calibrate routine. It should work for MiniSSC and Pololu now....

Chris, check your email! The Set.txt file is now in 1.1.41 for Atto! 2-way communication lives!
Old Jan 14, 2011, 06:00 AM
Adelaide, SA
Joined Sep 2009
48 Posts
Paul,

Apart from the centering buttons, as far as I can tell the Pololu and MiniSSC antenna tracking protocols are all working. I could not test calibration very thoroughly, but it seems to be ok. I programmed my board to have a bit of smoothing on the pan and tilt servos and it looks very slick indeed. Good work.

Cheers,
Andrew.
Andrew Dunlop is offline Find More Posts by Andrew Dunlop
Old Jan 14, 2011, 08:23 AM
Moore, Oklahoma
Joined Oct 2004
4,322 Posts
Quote:
Andrew, please test 1.1.41 for me. I've made some changes to the calibrate routine. It should work for MiniSSC and Pololu now....

Chris, check your email! The Set.txt file is now in 1.1.41 for Atto! 2-way communication lives!

Good stuff! Going to try it out.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 01:43 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
The set.txt file update is getting really solid. The next version includes read/write status too. Now on to waypoints!
Old Jan 14, 2011, 03:32 PM
Dorset UK
Joined Dec 2006
922 Posts
Quote:
The set.txt file update is getting really solid. The next version includes read/write status too. Now on to waypoints!
You're sending SET.txt up to Atto now?
Old Jan 14, 2011, 03:34 PM
Moore, Oklahoma
Joined Oct 2004
4,322 Posts
Most is working really well.

The chick’s voice is weird..... She also report ft when you change the setting to meters.

What is the update rate of the gauges? More specifically roll and pitch data.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 03:35 PM
Moore, Oklahoma
Joined Oct 2004
4,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomcevac View Post
You're sending SET.txt up to Atto now?
Its not going to work for you just yet. You need to be updated...... Give us a shout.

Actually I could be wrong about that. Might need to ask Paul.

Either way an update will be coming. For now your best to keep it the way you have it.

Chris
Last edited by airmcn_3; Jan 14, 2011 at 03:45 PM.