Old Nov 06, 2010, 01:12 AM
Cookie
Australia, NSW, Petersham
Joined Sep 2005
1,181 Posts
Discussion
Tunnels of course

Men of the north,

It has been stated that the flow of input for f/e boating will diminish over your winter months. Well I am here to correct this snow & ice build up with hard racing between the TS2's, lol.

Finally I will have 2 together. With luck, we will see the power of the MAC and how fast my elec tunnies have to be to keep up.

Funny, it has been belting rain, windy & cold down here in Sydney.

Summer my ***

Tunnel regards
Peter
10x8 is offline Find More Posts by 10x8
Last edited by 10x8; Nov 15, 2010 at 05:40 AM. Reason: edit
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2010, 01:39 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jan 2007
758 Posts
Neat looking tunnels you have and you are dead right about the weather Peter but looking at the weather forecast it looks bit better tomorrow, fingers crossed. I will venture over to the south side of Sydney with a couple of my boats one day when the weather is better.

Barry
Flying Barry is offline Find More Posts by Flying Barry
Last edited by Flying Barry; Nov 06, 2010 at 01:46 AM.
Old Nov 06, 2010, 01:56 AM
Cookie
Joined Sep 2005
1,181 Posts
Thanks Barry.

Yer mate, anytime. I'd love to see your boats.

Indeed the weather looks better Sunday, but the only man I trust to drive tunnel is playing golf? Golf over r/c tunnels. He's a punnet head.

Pete
Old Nov 06, 2010, 02:01 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jan 2007
758 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10x8 View Post
Thanks Barry.

Yer mate, anytime. I'd love to see your boats.

Indeed the weather looks better Sunday, but the only man I trust to drive tunnel is playing golf? Golf over r/c tunnels. He's a punnet head.

Pete
I think he needs to see a doctor, golf before R/C boats....well!!!

Seeing you like/prefer tunnels here is my little hornet tunnel I have with the K&B 3.5 leg with a 3650-1500Kv water cooled inrunner brushless on top running 4s battery, last time I had it out it was going great until it snap the flex drive shaft off at the bottom, made a new one plus spare but the weather has not been the best since then. The other tunnels I have are two Dumas HotShot .45 Tunnel Hulls one with the STD K&B 7.5cc and the other one with the K&B 7.5cc SS Gold Head air cooled.

Barry
Last edited by Flying Barry; Nov 06, 2010 at 03:16 AM.
Old Nov 06, 2010, 03:46 AM
Cookie
Joined Sep 2005
1,181 Posts
Sweet Barry.

We have to meet up now.

I love the Dumas Hotshot tunnels, especially wood.

Here's the KB drive all done up nice for F/E.

Pete
Old Nov 06, 2010, 04:03 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jan 2007
758 Posts
Quote:
Sweet Barry.

We have to meet up now.

I love the Dumas Hotshot tunnels, especially wood.

Here's the KB drive all done up nice for F/E.

Pete
I like that chopped down K&B leg, is that the 3.5 or 7.5 leg?

The Dumas HotShot .45 Tunnel Hull I made up myself from the wooden kit 2 years ago that I purchased on eBay. I always wanted one when I was young guy and when I saw the Dumas HotShot .45 Tunnel Hull kit on eBay I just had to get it. Here some pic's. Oh if you are wandering what that the thing is between the engine and leg it is a clutch but I have since removed it as it did not work really well.

Barry
Old Nov 06, 2010, 04:15 AM
Cookie
Joined Sep 2005
1,181 Posts
She be the 3.5 but it can be done to any drive.

You need a pilot for the tunnel I reckon? One of the little helmeted busts from H/K.

Clutch on a nitro? Never seen it. Sort of stop the cooling wouldn't it?

Anyway mate, if we meet up, we can have 3 tunnels running, elec or nitro. I'll steal my mates golf cues or whatever they are and flog him over the head a few times till he sees reason, lol.

Pete
Old Nov 06, 2010, 04:28 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jan 2007
758 Posts
Quote:
She be the 3.5 but it can be done to any drive.

You need a pilot for the tunnel I reckon? One of the little helmeted busts from H/K.
How about a blond hair barbie doll!!!

Quote:
Anyway mate, if we meet up, we can have 3 tunnels running, elec or nitro. I'll steal my mates golf cues or whatever they are and flog him over the head a few times till he sees reason, lol.
I hope it does not take that much to change hes mind but if it works do it then.

Barry
Old Nov 06, 2010, 04:49 AM
Cookie
Joined Sep 2005
1,181 Posts
Barb would be cool, but I was thinkin' more like a driver bust.

Here's a short vid to get things started. Little HM Skater on 5s, 1440, Align 600L outrunner.

Old Nov 06, 2010, 08:42 AM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,843 Posts
That MAC powerhead is a nice engine!! Definitely not something you see every day! The electric setup looks nice and clean too.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Nov 09, 2010, 08:09 PM
Cookie
Joined Sep 2005
1,181 Posts
Thanks wparsons. Sorry for the delay. I've been trying to get my old mans Amsterdam ready for impending visit, lol. Heap of bling in it now from H/K for him.

The MAC is a great motor.

Anyway. Got some good tunnel stuff for myself and mate. Proper 6mm coupler for the KB 1200kv HM Skater MKII, O.S. outboard kit for 25mm motors for mate and a G3 for the narrow box in the TS2.

Report back as soon as I get footage.

Pete
Old Nov 10, 2010, 03:32 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jan 2007
758 Posts
Hi Pete,

Had the Hornet out on Sunday down at Crosslands and it was going great until it broke the flex shaft again, made new one tonight out of a better quality flex and added new tube see how it goes next time. Just purchased from OSE some Octura x438, x440 & x442 props x 2 each, just did not have these. Oh! And the below pictured Hyper Performance 3.5 Bullet Outboard, what do you think about this? Will need to be polished up but.

PS: Are you talking about an "Amsterdam Tug" here?
I've been trying to get my old mans Amsterdam ready for impending visit

Barry
Old Nov 10, 2010, 02:26 PM
Cookie
Joined Sep 2005
1,181 Posts
Gday Barry,

Nice bit of gear that drive!

The weather man is telling me it is basically going to rain forever in Sydney. I'm going this weekend if I have to tape an umbrella to my head, lol.

Yep, Amsterdam ship. She is a cracker. It was a mess, all broken, dusty and neglected. The boys and I fixed it all up for him. Has water cannons, pumps, horn, lights, bow thruster. I can't drive my Mini Z's as all the tyres are on the side of the ship.
See ya
Pete
Old Nov 10, 2010, 05:24 PM
Joined Aug 2008
78 Posts
Good morning gents

Hi Pete

At least with the rain the water level will rise in the pond and get above the weeds..... Just check the weather forecast and Sunday is sunny..... . Your tunnies look very shiny and eager to rip the water.....

Hi Barry

Do you run yr boats at Crossland Park near Hornsby Heights/Galston? I was there last Saturday with a few friends for the first time. Was told by my mate that it's a good place for FE boating.

Love the place, the greens and the BBQ. Only thing is that the water is slightly brackish whan I tasted it Decided not to runa any of my boats....

I had 1 sailboat and 2 FE ready to rip the water then......

JC
jerome888 is offline Find More Posts by jerome888
Last edited by jerome888; Nov 10, 2010 at 05:49 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 07:37 PM
Cookie
Joined Sep 2005
1,181 Posts
Gday JC,

I was hooning my wee baja at that track at the top of the pond this morn. I went down and had a look at the pond and it looks great. There were 2 guys with ships, had a chat.
It's good as the scooter can get between the fence posts! It's bad because I can't fit a tunnel on it, only micro planes and some cars, lol. I need some kind of side car?

BTW - what happenned with Oilver and the beloved Skater you wanted or did you tell me?

Pete