HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 05, 2010, 11:48 PM
JWs are Shear Fun!
USA
Joined Sep 2008
2,682 Posts
Discussion
All good things must come to an end

Due to some stuff coming up, I will be unable to fly for several months. Thus, I will be missing out on our impending windy season which means that testing of the DC60 will have to be performed by someone else. I have been in discussion with a few people and decided it would make sense to get the plane up to John Buxton so it will have the best chance of seeing real wind. It will also be available for a few other people I have spoken to for when they meet up with John at Weldon.

I just wanted to say thank you to Jason Lilly and Spencer Lisenby for all their help getting the plane to this stage. You guys have been great fielding a bazillion questions and offering countless suggestions. The late night shop runs were above and beyond being just helpful. Again, thank you both.

I also want to say thank you to John Buxton for taking over the flight phase of the model. While I would love to be there for the high-speed testing, I know that there couldn't be a better pilot to put the plane through its paces and generate useful feedback. Thank you John.

Our local DS community may seem full of drama at times on RCgroups, but the California crew is truly a fantastic group of people. To those of you who have not been graced with the priveledge of flying our incredible sites with our immensely talented pilot base, you may not have the real picture of how great our community is. Thanks to all who I have flown with for making the experience positive and memorable.

(I will still be on the groups despite not being on the hill )
Aerogance is online now Find More Posts by Aerogance
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2010, 01:58 PM
No motor, no fuel, no problem!
USA, NV, Reno
Joined Feb 2009
310 Posts
I hope all is well with you. Life throws some pretty major curveballs sometimes. I know, I just got thrown one and am not sure whats going to happen next. Its good to put a hobby where it deserves to be, a lower priority to family etc. Take care :-)
geocrasher is offline Find More Posts by geocrasher
Old Nov 06, 2010, 11:36 PM
Sydney
Joined Apr 2009
716 Posts
All the best Aaron - I hope to see you back othe deck again. Thanks for all the info and effort.
John
OZPAF is offline Find More Posts by OZPAF
Old Nov 07, 2010, 04:33 AM
Deniable plausibility
Derbyshire, UK
Joined Aug 2008
2,316 Posts
Just wanted to wish you well for whatever it is that's come up. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying how much I've enjoyed your build threads and the speed and vigour with which you went at them are a lesson to us all in 'cracking on'.

Take care,

S
Shedofdread is offline Find More Posts by Shedofdread