SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 05, 2010, 05:56 PM
Suspended Account
FireryPhoenix's Avatar
Joined Apr 2008
130 Posts
Discussion
Flight school students arrested ... seems that they were prepairing more attacks

We have such short memories... why 9/11 was 10 years ago, and well that's a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago!

Face it, we have been trained for 22 min of focus with limited commercial interruptions...

http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...rrorism_fears/

Now why are illegals trying to get pilot training here? Don't they have aircraft back in their countries? Is a Piper Cub or Cessna 172 that RARE in Brazil?! No really?
FireryPhoenix is offline Find More Posts by FireryPhoenix
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2010, 06:32 PM
Registered User
SchiessCo's Avatar
North Hills
Joined Nov 1999
6,073 Posts
No other country in the world has a general aviation infrastructure like the United States - nowhere.

All those yellow Beech Bonanzas and Barons you see flying around Arizona – those are German nationals getting flight training at the Lufthansa flight center. There are similar programs for KAL, KLM, JAL as well as non-airline affiliated training programs for foreign nationals. My cousin from Switzerland came to the US and got his license while on vacation. With travel, hotel, etc, it was still far cheaper than getting it in Euroland.

That the Brazilians were here illegally (and apparently the flight school knew it) is a problem; that "foreigners” get come to the US for flight training is not.
SchiessCo is offline Find More Posts by SchiessCo
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 06, 2010, 01:46 AM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,387 Posts
Um, I know a large handful of Brazilians. Brazilians are not terrorists.

Hard to fathom why they're here illegally. There are only 2 classes in Brazil. Those who not only live in refrigerator boxes but eat them too. And the rich who can well afford to pay for the paperwork to come to the US. Like, there's no such thing as welfare flight instruction.

So what are you getting at, FP? Just more inflammatory nonsense?
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 06, 2010, 03:19 AM
Registered User
Beaumont ,peoples republic of Kalifornia
Joined Jan 2004
277 Posts
This is my problem ,not "imigrants"? taking flight lessons.
"are free pending deportation hearings in federal immigration court, immigration officials said."

No they should be locked up processed and deported in that order.

Wheres that silly number that they loose everytime they allow a illegal to remain free while waiting for their hearing. ?

Tell you what Im fair...
How about deport them first ,then they can spend years in line to explain their case of why they broke our laws at the US embasy in brasil.
debogus is offline Find More Posts by debogus
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 06, 2010, 09:48 AM
Registered User
Usta Bee's Avatar
Joined Jul 2004
3,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab View Post
Hard to fathom why they're here illegally.
Maybe they just overstayed the amount of time they're allowed to be here legally ?.
Usta Bee is offline Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 06, 2010, 10:44 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
JetPlaneFlyer's Avatar
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,995 Posts
Quote:
Flight school students arrested ... seems that they were prepairing more attacks
FP,
What on earth leads you to that conclusion?

The story specifically stated
Quote:
No link to terrorism has been found
Did you even bother to read the story you linked to?.. Or are you just trolling (again)?

Steve
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Last edited by JetPlaneFlyer; Nov 06, 2010 at 01:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 06, 2010, 02:29 PM
Registered User
Beaumont ,peoples republic of Kalifornia
Joined Jan 2004
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
FP,
What on earth leads you to that conclusion?

The story specifically stated
Did you even bother to read the story you linked to?.. Or are you just trolling (again)?

Steve
But because of that they still played the standard catch and release .


Usta Bee
Quote:
Maybe they just overstayed the amount of time they're allowed to be here legally ?.
Perhaps after their visa to see disney land they took it upon themselves to settle down and raise a family without following the GD laws of our country?

Or their "TEMPORARY" worker visa
Or their "STUDENT" visa
debogus is offline Find More Posts by debogus
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 06, 2010, 02:58 PM
On the Edge of Space
dLdV's Avatar
Exit 4, South Jersey, USA
Joined Dec 2007
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab View Post
Um, I know a large handful of Brazilians. Brazilians are not terrorists.

Hard to fathom why they're here illegally. There are only 2 classes in Brazil. Those who not only live in refrigerator boxes but eat them too. And the rich who can well afford to pay for the paperwork to come to the US. Like, there's no such thing as welfare flight instruction.

So what are you getting at, FP? Just more inflammatory nonsense?
Isn't there some South American nation with a viable aviation manufacturing sector. Is it Brazil? Just a foggy notion of something I may or may not have heard once.
dLdV is offline Find More Posts by dLdV
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 06, 2010, 03:32 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
JetPlaneFlyer's Avatar
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dLdV View Post
Isn't there some South American nation with a viable aviation manufacturing sector. Is it Brazil? Just a foggy notion of something I may or may not have heard once.
So the fact that Brazil has aviation manufacturing makes these guys terrorists

What's your point?
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 06, 2010, 03:36 PM
Registered User
Usta Bee's Avatar
Joined Jul 2004
3,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dLdV View Post
Isn't there some South American nation with a viable aviation manufacturing sector.
I sure hope so !.....that way they won't have to depend on African aviation.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JPfGFaKQFQ
Usta Bee is offline Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 06, 2010, 03:44 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,387 Posts
Quote:
Is it Brazil?
It is. Google Embraer. American Airlines buys/flies them, to name one. It's a very sophisticated regional jet. I've read the flight manual.

Brazil, US and Canada are the only broadband industrial cultures in the western hemisphere.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 06, 2010, 04:04 PM
On the Edge of Space
dLdV's Avatar
Exit 4, South Jersey, USA
Joined Dec 2007
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
So the fact that Brazil has aviation manufacturing makes these guys terrorists

What's your point?
No, not at all. Just indulging curiosity. The connection is more just that there is some country down that way notable for aviation in some way shape or form.
dLdV is offline Find More Posts by dLdV
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 06, 2010, 04:05 PM
On the Edge of Space
dLdV's Avatar
Exit 4, South Jersey, USA
Joined Dec 2007
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab View Post
It is. Google Embraer. American Airlines buys/flies them, to name one. It's a very sophisticated regional jet. I've read the flight manual.

Brazil, US and Canada are the only broadband industrial cultures in the western hemisphere.
Thanks Arbilab. Yep, I'll check it out, Embraer.
dLdV is offline Find More Posts by dLdV
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 06, 2010, 04:11 PM
On the Edge of Space
dLdV's Avatar
Exit 4, South Jersey, USA
Joined Dec 2007
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usta Bee View Post
I sure hope so !.....that way they won't have to depend on African aviation.
Hey, I guess ya gotta start somewhere? Whats that they say, Invention is a Mother, something like that?
dLdV is offline Find More Posts by dLdV
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 06, 2010, 04:13 PM
Figure Nine Champ
madsci_guy's Avatar
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dLdV View Post
Whats that they say, Invention is a Mother, something like that?
Electricity is the mother of an airplane.
madsci_guy is online now Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion i have an idea that seems like it will be a help everywhere in teh buy and sell area. jettrooper02 Site Chat 7 Sep 27, 2010 11:56 PM
Discussion ACLU Tells High School to Allow Students to Protest Against The ACLU at Football Game Gman2 Life, The Universe, and Politics 11 Oct 23, 2009 12:33 PM
They said "It couldnt be done" ..THEY WERE WRONG.. rumme Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 1 Apr 24, 2005 06:21 PM
Irak: They arrested Santa Claus !! Patrick Plawner Life, The Universe, and Politics 3 Dec 15, 2003 12:54 PM