SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 05, 2010, 11:43 AM
canada
Joined Sep 2010
55 Posts
Discussion
huan qi 852 4ch

Has anyone had the chance to fly one of these? they look quite nice and they are at a good price. Let me know what you guys think! Or if someone has heard anything about them. http://www.toptoyexpress.com/remote-...elicopter.html
kmm77 is offline Find More Posts by kmm77
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2010, 01:11 PM
Check out my RC Video Blog
Medford, New Jersey
Joined Jul 2002
718 Posts
I am also interested.. but would like to hear some real world experience
dwholler is offline Find More Posts by dwholler
Old Nov 06, 2010, 01:34 PM
canada
Joined Sep 2010
55 Posts
come on, there has got to be someone out there who bought one of these?
Old Nov 06, 2010, 05:11 PM
Joined Nov 2010
18 Posts
Noticed it doesn't mention it has a gyro, but some sort of advanced stability system. hmmm... Wonder if they mean a gryo.
civictd04 is offline Find More Posts by civictd04
Old Nov 06, 2010, 05:13 PM
Joined Nov 2010
18 Posts
BTW, the same website has the 5888 which is 4 channel 2.4GHz and is about $20 cheaper. I don't know which is the better heli tho.
Old Nov 06, 2010, 05:24 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by civictd04 View Post
BTW, the same website has the 5888 which is 4 channel 2.4GHz and is about $20 cheaper. I don't know which is the better heli tho.
the heli being advertized only has a 40m distance and this is probably stretching it, The 2.4ghz will certainly give this one more range.
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Nov 06, 2010, 11:59 PM
Joined Nov 2010
18 Posts
Found this video of one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwZzN3-RKbo
Old Nov 07, 2010, 12:02 AM
Joined Nov 2010
18 Posts
Don't agree with the song choice in the last video? Try this one instead:

Testando Helicóptero 4ch Huan QI HQ852 na garagem (1 min 11 sec)
Old Nov 07, 2010, 12:13 AM
Joined Nov 2010
18 Posts
Looks much bigger than the 5888, I don't have either, but you can tell from looking at this video:

4ch RC Gyro Helicopter Mini-Flier 5888 (0 min 57 sec)
Old Nov 07, 2010, 10:06 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts

Do you actually GET a copter with servos as shown in the ad copy? Having sampled some Hong Kee wares in the past, I'm not venturing $ to find out.

NOTE: the word "gyro" is absent. No sale.

Come see my HUGE 3-channel Helicopter collection!
http://www.killbuckets.com/copters.htm
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Last edited by killbucket; Nov 26, 2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old Nov 07, 2010, 07:21 PM
canada
Joined Sep 2010
55 Posts
that 5888 looks like fun! ya that does worry me about the 852 not mentioning a gyro......
Old Nov 14, 2010, 09:59 PM
Check out my RC Video Blog
Medford, New Jersey
Joined Jul 2002
718 Posts
according to this website it is gyro...

http://translate.google.com/translat...7%26prmd%3Divo
dwholler is offline Find More Posts by dwholler
Old Nov 15, 2010, 02:18 AM
Joined Jul 2009
423 Posts
only the heli? I haven't see the radio.
Cici528 is offline Find More Posts by Cici528
Old Nov 15, 2010, 09:56 AM
Zurich
Joined Apr 2006
3,611 Posts
check THIS out ....

[only for general info]!

After one week of hard work, eventually requiring me to change MANY essential moving parts .... I finally got my latest (I have kept 3 others in great condition!) new G.T. 5888-B sorted out to fly, handle and sound extremely well.

It is now almost TOO fast to have fun flying in my livingroom! At low rate it is reasonable and acts like "normal" tiny (19 cm rotorspan) 4-ch coax's ... but at high rate I really have to be careful!

Lots of fun, anyway.

I think the factory could not make such a fine-tuned item in mass-prdn: I had to find blades of equal weight, micro-balance the stabilizer bar, move gears microscopically to find low-friction placements, fuss with microscopic tweaks to the aluminum blade-holders, change 2 motors with replacement ones, change all the links, fine-sand to perfectly fit some parts of the plastic pieces sanwiched btwn the alu blade-holders, sand and/or add CA gel and sand the blade-roots to perfectly fit and hold the blades at the angles I wanted, adjust looseness, pitch & coning angles ... and generally have LOTS of perseverence & patience.

But the results are truly amazing. Star, one of my two intelligent birds, understands these helis, and was watching for all thiose days as I tried, tested and imprtoved everything. Unlike male Kiki, who is watchful AND brave, and who will stand his ground unless it's clear something is going to very quickly land on his head, female Star is cowardly enough to wait intil the heli is in my hand before zooming down & closely buzzing it and me!

So when I did FINALLY get everything so well tweaked that it can take off like a rocket and make a sound like a fullsize heli, whistling and thrumming, and making fast very TIGHT turns and instantly hovering ROCK-steady with the sound of an expensive Swiss sewing machine .... Star was SO obviously impressed that she raised her tail and had an appreciative organism (the RCGroups softare won't let me write the actual word).

I do like to see females apreciate my work (OK, human ones very much moreso) ...

Lee
xlcrlee is offline Find More Posts by xlcrlee
Old Nov 16, 2010, 02:29 AM
Joined Nov 2010
929 Posts
Hello everyone. Before I put in my first post I'd have to say I'm just a beginner to the rc heli world - just 2 months ago. In fact this is my 1st post in this (or any) rc forum!
Short answer to killbucket's question is yes, I did get what was on the photo. My HQ852 was bought off ebay (about USD85 incl postage - arrived in just over a wk) as a set with extra 7.4V 900mAh battery, landing kit and 4 extra changes of blades, of which 3 of them were OEM types which needed a bit of scraping and shaping around the mounts to have them fit properly (they're thicker than the standard - and they're supposed to swing about freely). It's a mid size heli at 39.5cm but dwarfs my super stable 9808 which is only abt 1/2 the length. It does have 2 mini servos on each side which contol the left-right rolling movement and the forward/backward movement. These effects can be adjusted like a normal servo system by placing the rods that attach to the servo at the different holes on the lever attached to the servo for different leverage - so further away from the servo for a faster/greater response. These servos have those removable connections to the main all-in-one board which does have a gyro (if the label is to be believed - sorry I'm not an electronic-type person so I'm honestly not sure which component is the gyro). I've owned the 852 for about 3 weeks now, but must say I've been really too busy at work to bring it out too often. Of the 3 times I brought it out it was really fun, though breaking blades on the last 2 late evening flights - to watch the lights. Otherwise it's quite robust noting the heights that my chopper have fallen to the gound (about 15m up). The range is about 40m, maybe 50m max and the power will suddenly be cut off if it does go out of range. This is good enough for me since I like to see the chopper while I'm flying it and learning how to land properly outdoors is still something I'm working out . This chopper is just about easy enough to control outdoors, but in VERY light wind conditions (prob up to 1m/s). Otherwise it will just be carried away until it goes out of range - maybe it's my current skill level, but flying outdoors is much different from flying indoors. Btw, the rods controlling the front back and roll left/right have to be adjusted at the servo levers for flying outdoors otherwise it would just be too weak to fly against the wind. Flying indoors its probably as stable as my 9808 (like a syma s107 i'd imagine - stable enough to land on a book) - but my apartment is really small so it's between the floor to dining table; really too big for my appartment - It would probably be good in an indoor sports hall. Overall I'm quite glad with it since it looks really good just sitting on my floor or shelf - the paintwork is great - a metallic orange. The other things I like about it are the batteries are easily swapped - 10 secs with a slight modification involving a rubber band, and the 4 trims on the controller unit actually work as they should! I also like the 'big wind' it creates which blows envelopes, newspapers, etc off the table when indoors. The way I'm going with it I'll be blessed to get past Christmas without bending the shaft or running out of blades on the flights outdoors - it's windy this season - and my skill needs some improvement Worth the money? Yes for me for a beginner's 4-Ch. Oh yes, take note that there are 2 types of controller units and some of those like me that fly a mini 3-channel in the house would need a type 2 contoller with the throttle and roll-left/right on the LHS, while the forward/backward and turning/rotating left/right on the RHS. I didn't know this when I purchased but I think they ship the type 2 by default.
nese is offline Find More Posts by nese