HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 02, 2011, 10:55 PM
Central Ohio
Joined Apr 2009
210 Posts
Nitro Planes had mine at my door in Ohio in 5 business days. I got it yesterday, and spent this evening putting her together. 400 watts @ 37 amps(peak) running a 30c 3S2200. I will try that setup, and may try a 45c 4S2200 if it lacks power. This is my 3rd Dynam plane, and I love them! Well thought out, easy to modify (flaps, retract, etc). I slapped this one together stock for now, but will probably add retracts and flaps after getting her trimmed and sorted out. CG was on the money with stock build. If the winds gods would cooperate, she might get some air time tomorrow!!
fotowiz is offline Find More Posts by fotowiz
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2011, 06:19 PM
United States, IA, West Des Moines
Joined Jan 2010
660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowsucks View Post
Really want to get one of these. Anyplace else to get one besides nitoplanes....I'm a little shy about ordering from them..Grayson's is out of stock...
I have had many orders with nitroplanes.com and i have had no problems at all! Banana hobby is a different story,but nitroplanes is very good! I would not be shy at all.
rcplanes1234 is offline Find More Posts by rcplanes1234
Old Apr 07, 2011, 01:10 PM
RAVENNA, OH
Joined Apr 2007
26 Posts
ok,I took a chance and ordered 1 from Nitro...We'll see when it gets here!
snowsucks is offline Find More Posts by snowsucks
Old Apr 07, 2011, 03:51 PM
Joined Aug 2007
38 Posts
there great, the plane is great, dont worry!
stout890 is offline Find More Posts by stout890
Old Apr 14, 2011, 09:25 PM
Central Ohio
Joined Apr 2009
210 Posts
Got to maiden her this afternoon, and WOW what a sweet flyer! Just a few tweaks on the trim buttons and she was flying great! Now I know it is worth adding the flaps and retracts, even though she slowed down very nicely without flaps. Plenty of power,and a good 6 minutes of hard and moderate throttle flying. I could not be happier with this plane!!
Old Apr 15, 2011, 11:39 AM
Joined Aug 2007
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotowiz View Post
Got to maiden her this afternoon, and WOW what a sweet flyer! Just a few tweaks on the trim buttons and she was flying great! Now I know it is worth adding the flaps and retracts, even though she slowed down very nicely without flaps. Plenty of power,and a good 6 minutes of hard and moderate throttle flying. I could not be happier with this plane!!
wow 6 min on hard/moderate flying? what did you use for a battery and did you mod any of the power system? i got 4 min out of my first turnigy nano tech 25-50c pack and puffed the hell out of it flying moderately hard on the maiden flight. now i can only fly at 75% and only use full for take off or a climb out...

i was going to try to undo the y-connect on the speed controls and run 2 batteries..
Old Apr 15, 2011, 12:34 PM
Takeoff=Option Landing=Must
USA, NY, Depew
Joined Jan 2009
783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stout890 View Post
wow 6 min on hard/moderate flying? what did you use for a battery and did you mod any of the power system? i got 4 min out of my first turnigy nano tech 25-50c pack and puffed the hell out of it flying moderately hard on the maiden flight. now i can only fly at 75% and only use full for take off or a climb out...

i was going to try to undo the y-connect on the speed controls and run 2 batteries..
Stout, thats what I did. I made batt holder out of paper towel core, wrapped in filament tape. That way i can use 2 2200 mAh batteries. I separated the speed controls and added extensions to reach the front. With batteries positioned inline I didn't have any issues with CG. Elevator stays level and is not speed dependent. I fly mostly WOT and get 7 min plus landing plus an extra approach (if its needed) and use about 1600 mAh from each pack. They do come out warm. Didn't have a puffed pack problem yet (after close to 40 flights). Except like you after the maiden flight.
For motors I have either 4500 kV with 2 bladed fans or 4000 kV with 3 bladed fans.

Rob
Plane is faster more responsive and I get my fix
robusp is online now Find More Posts by robusp
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pulsar 3.2E Competition Pro
Old Apr 15, 2011, 04:59 PM
Central Ohio
Joined Apr 2009
210 Posts
I had a 45-90c NanoTech 3S2200, and actually flew for 5:40 on a 6:00 timer.Battery was at 3.75 on all 3 dells when it came down, and was only warm. I did do a couple of slower fly-bys on a 1000 foot runway, so maybe it was less high throttle than most people would fly.I am comfortable resetting the timer for5:00 for the next flight. 37 amps at 404 watts (peak), I was pleasantly surprised at the power and flight characteristics of this bird!

I already have a couple different batteries on my Hobby King wish list. USA warehouse has 3S3000 40c, and 3S2650 40c for $26 and $22, and there is plenty of room in this bird for bigger batteries, and easily moved back to compensate for cg. Based on my flights, I don't think the extra weight would be an issue.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 08:17 AM
RAVENNA, OH
Joined Apr 2007
26 Posts
My Dynam Turbo-Jet from Nitro-planes arrived with no problems...Got the flaps done,now on to the retracts. Thanks for reassuring me,on buying from Nitro...Any pointers on installing the retracts
Old Apr 23, 2011, 09:53 PM
Joined Aug 2007
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowsucks View Post
My Dynam Turbo-Jet from Nitro-planes arrived with no problems...Got the flaps done,now on to the retracts. Thanks for reassuring me,on buying from Nitro...Any pointers on installing the retracts
just be careful on how deep you cut..don't be afraid to shim the retract up so the retract doesn't show through the top of your wing. mine ended up doing that because i didn't shim them. so i ended up just painting them white on top
Old Apr 24, 2011, 09:03 PM
RAVENNA, OH
Joined Apr 2007
26 Posts
Ok,Thanks for the heads up! Got'em cut out without going through the top. I have the changesun servoless retracts. How the heck do you bend these things?
Old Apr 24, 2011, 09:48 PM
United States, MN, Maplewood
Joined Jul 2003
193 Posts
I have done it, I installed the same retracts in my turbo jet, 1st I put the retract in it's bay, then i made a mark where the wheel centers in the well, then i clamped a vise grip on the mark at the side toward the retract box,then i grabbed the other side with a pair or pliers and bent it 90 degrees down toward the wing, I put the wheel on as far as it would go, and put a collar on then i cut off the excess wire off with my Dremel tool.I got pretty lucky and bent all three to the same height. take your time you only get one shot to get it right.... good luck with it R/C//FLYR
ZAGI CRAZEE is offline Find More Posts by ZAGI CRAZEE
Old Apr 24, 2011, 11:53 PM
USA, NY, Depew
Joined Jan 2009
783 Posts
I had great flying day today.
There was almost no wind, light overcast, even some sunshine once in a while.
It was my cessnas day. I had my good old trusty 182 Skylane, 2 Corvalis, 310 and Turbo Jet. (to pack 5 planes in my car, they all had to go w wings unattached)
I think i should put retracts in the jet. It would be my first, but this plane would benefit greatly.
Did anybody check the speed of stock setup?
This is my fastest model and I would just like to know how fast is it really going.
My might be a little faster since I am running 4300 kV motors with 2 bladed fans and 2 20c 2200 mAh packs.

I had 5 good runs with multiple touch and goes. Some with flaps, some w/o.
I get 4 out of 5 landings just perfect, and the fifth is usually tad too slow and I end up bunny hoping. Maybe I need to find some replacement wheels. Originals are worn almost to the rims. Some more foam might give it more cushion.

Got to look thru earlier posts and see which retracts to consider.

Rob.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 25, 2011, 09:51 AM
USA, NY, Depew
Joined Jan 2009
783 Posts
I put 2 more flights on it this morning. Only difference, I installed new wheels.
They do help. On my not so perfect landings, foam wheels absorbed the shock better than rims.

Rob
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 25, 2011, 09:27 PM
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Mar 2011
270 Posts
Check these out I ordered these for my Cruiser. They should also work well with the Turbo Jet.

http://www.hobbyking.com/UNITEDHOBBI...dProduct=12883

I ordered 4 because of the reviews. I have tortured them through over 100 cycles and all 4 are smooth as silk. I have been testing with my DX8, plug them in and they work first time on AR600 and HK orange 6 CH.

Check Dyam Cruiser thread for modification to be able to steer nose unit.

Very pleased with mine cannot wait to get installed.

Neil
NeilDahl51 is offline Find More Posts by NeilDahl51