HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2012, 07:01 PM
MikeMT
United States, Mt, Billings
Joined Jan 2012
92 Posts
well hopefully I will get to maiden my jet this week. If the winds cooperate that is.

Does everyone else have super flexy elevator control rods? (well all of the control rods are a bit like this but the elevator seems to be more prevalent.)

do you have a solution or should I just fly the dang thing?
nacho2059 is offline Find More Posts by nacho2059
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2012, 07:26 PM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Feb 2009
1,659 Posts
Mine are a bit "flexy", also. Has not caused any problems.....but I do not attempt to fly it like a pylon racer! If you fly it sorta scale, it should be fine. Just make sure all locking screws are tight.
bamaguy is offline Find More Posts by bamaguy
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:41 AM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nacho2059 View Post
well hopefully I will get to maiden my jet this week. If the winds cooperate that is.

Does everyone else have super flexy elevator control rods? (well all of the control rods are a bit like this but the elevator seems to be more prevalent.)

do you have a solution or should I just fly the dang thing?
This plane flies great bone stock. Always check your control surfaces before the first flight by holding the stick on one position and applying pressure to the surface to see if they are bending or giving up under pressure. If they are hard to move then don't worry about it. If something flexes and moves right away then do something about it. But mine checked out just fine. No issues. And this plane is not meant to be horsed around like a 3D plane or a pylon racer. It will do loops and rolls but do them gently. I put a spar in mine just to be safe but the wings still flex. It is a great flying jet! Just don't over do it...
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Jul 02, 2012, 05:19 PM
MikeMT
Joined Jan 2012
92 Posts
My Jet.

Paint didnt come out the way I had imagined but still looks pretty cool.

Unfortunately I made a rookie mistake and am in the process of repairing this beast. Looks like I can salvage the fuselage but I may end up ordering a new one. Everything else is repairable and the paint is mostly unaffected.

Live and learn. Next time I will think before I fly.
Old Jul 02, 2012, 05:49 PM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Feb 2009
1,659 Posts
Mike,

Paint job looks very cool! Looks like it is quite visable.....just what old guys like me need. Sorry about the mishap.
bamaguy is offline Find More Posts by bamaguy
Old Jul 03, 2012, 09:02 AM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nacho2059 View Post
My Jet.

Paint didnt come out the way I had imagined but still looks pretty cool.

Unfortunately I made a rookie mistake and am in the process of repairing this beast. Looks like I can salvage the fuselage but I may end up ordering a new one. Everything else is repairable and the paint is mostly unaffected.

Live and learn. Next time I will think before I fly.
Looks great! I especially like the nose gear... I need to upgrade mine as well...
Old Jul 03, 2012, 09:57 AM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,407 Posts
Hey guys. Im very interested in civilian/sport EDF's, and am now looking into my first EDF jet. I have flown the flyzone sensei, micro t-28, hobbyzone champ, ember 2, and still need to fly a P47 i bought on impulse. Would this make a good first EDF jet?
electricrc68 is online now Find More Posts by electricrc68
Old Jul 03, 2012, 12:11 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
1,914 Posts
This was my first EDF. I chose it due to the long straight wing, working rudder(I like to use the rudder in-flight and especially landing), and dual motors for plenty of power.

I can see though from videos, even with the straight wing some people get too slow and tip stall it in when landing. She can slow down plenty, just keep up the speed some when landing. Other than that, you'll also want a lot more space and runway, especially for your first flights until you get a good feel for her.

People at the field are always amazed at it. 2 other guys bought them after seeing it. The can't believe it's running on the stock power system and 3S, since many ARF EDF's need an immediate upgrade for any sort of speed.

I wonder if the A-10, with it's similar layout, would be better with that bigger chord to it's wing. Only drawback (for me anyways) is they usually don't have working rudders, so I'd have to mod that myself. But then it's not a civil EDF like you're looking for. BTW, that's one of the other reasons it gets a lot of attention. It's the ONLY non-military EDF seen at our field!

I think your biggest hurdle, considering what you've flown so far, would be getting used to more speed. I'll admit my hands were shaking on the maiden! Up to then, my hangar was only an Apprentice, PZ Corsair, and Phase3 P-40(RIP!).
xmech2k is online now Find More Posts by xmech2k
Old Jul 03, 2012, 12:43 PM
Joined May 2011
4,407 Posts
Okay thank you! Yeah its amazing how many military EDF's there are and how little civilian ones there are. Im a civilian aircraft fan so thats why i really like this turbo jet (the P47 i have is to train me for faster, more agile planes). So the turbo jet has a very fast speed at WOT?
Old Jul 03, 2012, 12:49 PM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricrc68 View Post
Hey guys. Im very interested in civilian/sport EDF's, and am now looking into my first EDF jet. I have flown the flyzone sensei, micro t-28, hobbyzone champ, ember 2, and still need to fly a P47 i bought on impulse. Would this make a good first EDF jet?
I think it could be a good first one! It is a very forgiving jet but you need to be familiar with a plane that lands a little fast. If you can master the Parkzone T-28 you should be fine...
Old Jul 03, 2012, 12:58 PM
Joined May 2011
4,407 Posts
Okay thank you very much!
Old Jul 03, 2012, 01:53 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
1,914 Posts
She's probably still going to be quicker than your P-47, if it's anything like my PZ Corsair.
xmech2k is online now Find More Posts by xmech2k
Old Jul 03, 2012, 02:18 PM
Joined May 2011
4,407 Posts
Okay thanks. Shouldn't be a problem...i'll get used to it. It is an EDF after all!
Old Jul 04, 2012, 03:08 PM
MikeMT
Joined Jan 2012
92 Posts
ok has anyone tried the nitro planes 8 blade fan?

looks cool, could sound cool too. just not sure if they would be total crap or if they would be too much draw on the stock esc.

unfortunately the site doesnt provide any other info...

thoughts? concerns?
Old Jul 06, 2012, 10:42 AM
Joined May 2011
4,407 Posts
anyone know if this plane can takeoff and land on a grass runway?