HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2010, 10:14 AM
Takeoff=Option Landing=Must
USA, NY, Depew
Joined Jan 2009
811 Posts
Hi guys,
just ordered one from nitroplanes.
I have a learjet 45, sf airways-45 and I like the way it flies. Only thing I don't like about this plane is made out of eps foam. No crushes, but hangar rash is unbelievable, just from handling. I was on the look for something made from epo.
My jet burns through 2 x 3cell, 2200 mAh batts in about 6 minutes.
Looks like Dynam jet might have better performance than that.
Will let you know when I get it to maiden.
Rob
robusp is offline Find More Posts by robusp
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pulsar 3.2E Competition Pro
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2010, 03:12 PM
United States, MN, Maplewood
Joined Jul 2003
215 Posts
Dynam Turbo Jet

Hi Rob just to let you know, i get about 5min on stock 2200 pack, but it flies nice, that's about all you get on 1 2200................ Zagi
ZAGI CRAZEE is offline Find More Posts by ZAGI CRAZEE
Old Dec 05, 2010, 07:04 PM
USA, NY, Depew
Joined Jan 2009
811 Posts
I was so fired up about getting new jet, I took my learjet out for a spin despite heavy wind. It handled awesome. Best of my foamies. At one point right when video ended wind blew off my hat with cam attached to it.
Rob
Learjet in 20 mph wind.avi (2 min 52 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2010, 06:53 PM
USA, NY, Depew
Joined Jan 2009
811 Posts
I was thinking, to get more runtime to replace single esc with 2 smaller ones and run it on 2 1800mAh batts. I have few of those and I hardly use them.
I know I'll be adding more weight to the plane. 5 minutes is on the low side.
I will see when I get the plane. It all depends how easy it will be to fit them in.
Rob
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2010, 10:50 PM
north east pa
Joined Nov 2009
70 Posts
Wow! that was great , But i got cold just watching the video. My hats off to you.
Bigdaddi is offline Find More Posts by Bigdaddi
Old Dec 06, 2010, 11:04 PM
USA, NY, Depew
Joined Jan 2009
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddi View Post
Wow! that was great , But i got cold just watching the video. My hats off to you.
Just to give you an idea how cold it was, first my iphone died, than my camera and last my radio. Luckily for me and for the plane in between flights. After I landed learjet, I flew Stinson, next Trojan and was taking jet for another spin, but there was no response from the plane. When I took a look at the screen it was blank. That was it, I packed and went home. Soonest I was back (10 min)
I checked the radio and was fine, battery was at 12V.
I think, I should invest in radio mitt.
Rob
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2010, 12:33 PM
Orange County, Ca.
Joined Jan 2009
128 Posts
Anybody painted one of these up yet? I'm ready to pull the trigger on something myself and its down to this 1) Dynam Turbo Jet, 2) Dynam A-10, and last Hobby kings 70mm Alpha Jet. Now the only problem with the Alpha is it takes a 4s pack. I have lots of 3s packs around that will work with both of the Dynams.

The big advantage to the Turbo Jet is that its already set up for flaps and retracts where the others are not. I am assuming the EDF systems in the A-10 and Turbo Jet are the same and the planes fly simular?

Please Guy's help me choose one. I have the Dynam Skybus and love it, I'm impressed with what Dynam is comming out with and their quality has improved a bunch.

HBPD
HBPD is offline Find More Posts by HBPD
Old Dec 18, 2010, 09:25 PM
dbc
United States, FL, Brooksville
Joined Apr 2008
1,732 Posts
I'd vote for the Turbo Jet. It looks better than a "warthog". Paint or monokote trim the upper part of the canopy, as it should be, and it will look like a Cessna Citation.

I've got 3 Dynam planes and a fourth on the way. You're right about the nice quality. Foam is much nicer than others and the electrical components are at least passable.
dbc is offline Find More Posts by dbc
Old Dec 19, 2010, 08:30 AM
USA, NY, Depew
Joined Jan 2009
811 Posts
I got mine this week. Started putting it together. I like the detail and overall look. Same front gear as Cessna 310. Same as Flyzone Cessna Select 182. In Cessna 182 I replaced it with Trojans spring gear (and bigger wheels) and is working great. I might do the same, except I would like to make it shorter. I don't know if I put retracts on this plane. I have one set and 3 planes which could use, but I didn't pick the victim yet.
Rob
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 19, 2010, 11:39 AM
Orange County, Ca.
Joined Jan 2009
128 Posts
Hey Rob...

Be sure and post some video of the flight test, everything I've heard about these things say they are great flyers right out of the box? I would like to hear it from someone other that Nitroplanes!
It would also be great if posted a couple of build photos as you go?

Good luck with it and keep us posted.

HBPD
Old Dec 19, 2010, 01:13 PM
United States, MN, Maplewood
Joined Jul 2003
215 Posts
Hi, i did paint my canopy, white window trim, with the windows painted black to match the rest of the plane, looks much nicer now. I have 12 flights on mine now, it flies nice, i pulled out the stock receiver, and installed a AR600 to use with my DX7, now it will be ready to accept flaps and retracts, just need to find a retract kit to fit it, it looks great in flight,and lands real nice, even without flaps,look for around 5 min with stock pack, i have my timer set for 5:30 just to be safe.............Zagi
ZAGI CRAZEE is offline Find More Posts by ZAGI CRAZEE
Old Dec 19, 2010, 04:10 PM
Orange County, Ca.
Joined Jan 2009
128 Posts
Zagi...
I came across these, I think they will work?

http://www.x-flight.com.hk/index.php...&more=&lang=en

There is also a guy on You-Tube that shows installing retracts on the Turbo Jet.

Dynam Turbojet installation of Retracts and flaps RC Citation 64mm EDF (4 min 35 sec)

John
Old Dec 19, 2010, 07:23 PM
Orange County, Ca.
Joined Jan 2009
128 Posts
OK...I got the green light to order myself a Turbo Jet for Christmas. Can't wait to start playing withe flaps and retracts. This will be my first plane with these so it should be a real learning process. I'll have to listen to all the PRO'S here on the Group to get all this stuff set up right.

I will also post some arrival and build photos as I go.

HBPD
Old Dec 20, 2010, 01:12 PM
Orange County, Ca.
Joined Jan 2009
128 Posts
Well wouldn't you know it, everyones out of stock! Just when I was ready to push the buy button.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 01:20 PM
dbc
United States, FL, Brooksville
Joined Apr 2008
1,732 Posts
There in stock and on sale at Nitroplanes. Here's your chance.
dbc is offline Find More Posts by dbc