SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 04, 2012, 02:27 AM
Tape n' glue, Good as New!
Chilliwack, B.C. Canada
Joined Aug 2009
303 Posts
4s!? Nice! So this thing can handle it, eh? What's your friends batt.'s cell readings after a 2 min. flight @ half throttle? I changed my ESC's to high timing and def. improved the thrust. Tho I almost killed a perf. good batt. I think I'll set 'er back 2 medium. My kit came w/ the instructions for prog. the ESC's. If ur friend doesn't have 1, I can scan n' post mine 4 U 2 print off. I can't comment on flight times as I just spent a 3rd eve. working on mine and have yet to maiden it. Will post pics n' a maiden vid. .... hopefully! That is, if my good man JB is willing 2 man the cam.!
Just came across this vid which I thought was pretty good, sorry if u've already seen it. As I prob. won't be maidening 4 a while, I have 2 live vicariously thru youtube!
nitroplanes turbo jet with the stock electronics (4 min 28 sec)
jussyjonny is offline Find More Posts by jussyjonny
Last edited by jussyjonny; Jan 04, 2012 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Vid
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2012, 02:14 PM
Canada, BC, Chilliwack
Joined Aug 2011
7 Posts
Nice vid Jon. Looking forward to our maiden flights of the twin turbos. I have a feeling with your upgrades and retracts, that yours will out perform mine. Maybe I will have to put the moto turbine in the jetiger and then we will see who takes who?
jhblock2002 is offline Find More Posts by jhblock2002
Old Jan 05, 2012, 11:06 AM
Trusted Verified User
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined May 2009
289 Posts
Can anyone post the CG of this bird, I lost my manual ? Thanks

With a 3s 2650 40c sky lipo I get 4mins flight time on full throttle, which in my opinion is the only way to fly it because it isnt all that fast.
griffin 27 is offline Find More Posts by griffin 27
Last edited by griffin 27; Jan 05, 2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old Jan 06, 2012, 11:03 AM
simplefly
United States, IL, Glen Ellyn
Joined Sep 2010
230 Posts
I finally got to fly mine turbo jet yesterday. It flew pretty well on 2200mah lipo.
I did not fly it at full throttle all the time but got around 5 min of flight.

I have a small issue with retracts tho. They sometimes open and sometimes not, or nose and one main will open. Very strange. I have to check all wires and connections.
simplefly is offline Find More Posts by simplefly
Old Jan 06, 2012, 11:11 AM
AMA 125691
Jacksonville Florida
Joined Jul 2002
2,240 Posts
Thanks for all the info about typical flight times for this plane. My friend must have a bad battery or one that at least needs to be cycled a few times to get the full Ah out of it. I will advise him accordingly.

Bill
wmcneal is offline Find More Posts by wmcneal
Old Jan 07, 2012, 02:57 PM
Beaverton, Oregon
Joined Jul 2003
256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplefly View Post
I have a small issue with retracts tho. They sometimes open and sometimes not, or nose and one main will open. Very strange. I have to check all wires and connections.
Are you flying in cold weather when you notice the retract problem? If so, it might be the same problem that others, including me, have reported with Dynam planes. I've got the Grand Cruiser and T-28 and have experienced it with both. Other guys at my club with the GC have also had it happen. The Dynam OEM retracts become intermittent in cold weather for some reason. As soon as it warms up (i.e. in the garage), the problem goes away.

Here's a link to a post I made over in the T-28 thread about the problem and my own solution.

See post #1307 on the linked page below.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...&pp=50&page=27

Hope this helps. Good luck.

-- Rod
rrobbins is offline Find More Posts by rrobbins
Old Jan 09, 2012, 02:09 PM
Canada, BC, Chilliwack
Joined Aug 2011
7 Posts
Has anyone here flying the Dynam Turbojet 550 had any issues with too much wing flex at high speed loops or turns? Just my opinion, but it doesn't look very strong with just glue holding the wing together. Even my FMS 206T has a plastic rod through the whole wing and wing struts connected to the fuse. Let me know your experiences. Thanks!
Old Jan 10, 2012, 08:10 AM
simplefly
Joined Sep 2010
230 Posts
You are absolutely correct. Retracts work fine in the house, but outside the hick-ups begin all over.

Thanks for the tip and heads up.
- Dan
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:34 PM
Tape n' glue, Good as New!
Chilliwack, B.C. Canada
Joined Aug 2009
303 Posts
Finally Finished!!

Wow, it's taken me a few (like 5!) evenings to finish it but here it is!
Turbojet with nav lights (0 min 28 sec)

Dynam Turbojet (1 min 12 sec)

Not shown on the vids but something I did was add carbon fiber tubing in the vert. stab, hor. stab, and wings. There is a thin white tube of some sort in the wings, but it sure doesn't seem to be enough IMO. Anyway, maiden will hopefully follow whenever it gets warm enough. (don't want my retracts freezing up, YIKES!)
jussyjonny is offline Find More Posts by jussyjonny
Old Jan 12, 2012, 02:01 PM
Canada, BC, Chilliwack
Joined Aug 2011
7 Posts
You did a really nice job on your jet. Hopefully it flies as good as it looks! I am going have to take a close look at how you installed the lights. I would like to do mine the same way.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 09:18 AM
simplefly
Joined Sep 2010
230 Posts
This is my maiden.

Dynam Turbo Jet Flight Video (1 min 40 sec)

Enjoy.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 10:04 AM
Takeoff=Option Landing=Must
USA, NY, Depew
Joined Jan 2009
826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplefly View Post
This is my maiden.

Enjoy.
Great job.
Congrats.

I am just about ready with my second plane.
I crashed the first one week ago.
I think my front gear caused it.
It was on my 5-th flight. After take off, I retracted the gear and put it in a gentle climb and 180 turn. All looked good until the plane was 50 feet away. That's when I lost all power. It went down in 30 deg dive. It hit the ground about 15 feet in front of me. Fuse broke right in half at the canopy.
Only thing I found is bent aluminum slider on the front gear. I think it overloaded and shot down whole system.
On my next one I will change this to pull pull.

Rob
robusp is offline Find More Posts by robusp
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pulsar 3.2E Competition Pro
Old Jan 26, 2012, 02:49 PM
Florida,USA
Joined Feb 2011
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsery2k1 View Post
I recived one from a friend , damaged I rebuilt it and have flown it
it flys well but on several landings it has shown its nasty side
with a roll and a crash ? has any one else had this problem
check video .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZEE33s9drg
Just watched your video. Does it always drop the right wing every Fing time? If it drops the same wing tip every time check your balance from right to left. I use a string around the fuselage just in front of where the vertical stab meets the fuselage and lift making sure the string is dead center. I lift the nose dead center with one finger. If the plane tilts (say to the right) then I insert 6d finish nails in the left wing tip until I get enough nails that will allow me to pick up the plane with string and finger on other hand and the plane stays perfectly balanced. This way when you reach stall speed the wings will not drop...just the nose will drop. Try the balance left to right, I think this will solve your wing tip stall problem. Hope this helps....Gene
d_toolman is offline Find More Posts by d_toolman
Old Jan 26, 2012, 02:55 PM
Florida,USA
Joined Feb 2011
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhblock2002 View Post
You did a really nice job on your jet. Hopefully it flies as good as it looks! I am going have to take a close look at how you installed the lights. I would like to do mine the same way.
If you are talking about my Custom Painted and lighting system, Thank you. I does fly extremely nice....... Gene
Old Jan 26, 2012, 02:57 PM
Florida,USA
Joined Feb 2011
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhblock2002 View Post

If you are talking about my Custom painted and lighting system, Thank you very much.
I does fly exceptionally well. --Gene