HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 04, 2010, 08:25 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2 Posts
Discussion
Syma s107 tail rotor not spinning

The tail rotor on my Syma s107 isn't spinning when I try to make it fly forwards and backwards. Now all my heli can really do is hover in place

Any suggestions I might try to fix it?
mediamaker is offline Find More Posts by mediamaker
Last edited by mediamaker; Nov 04, 2010 at 08:55 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2010, 09:08 PM
Upstanding Member
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2003
1,868 Posts
That's a little like dropping your car off at a shop at midnight with a note "broken".
About how many flights did it work for?
Did you have any big crashes before it stopped working?
Killbucket's site has labeled photos of the board you can use to confirm there is a signal going to the motor.
If there is, replacement tail motors complete with the boom and long wires is only $4 incl shipping on xheli.com.
Kurt is offline Find More Posts by Kurt
Old Nov 05, 2010, 05:47 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Yes, the main S107 thread was recently updated with such pics.

About sure this is a broken wire, and although the bits are tiny, you can solder it back together. I've resorted to soldering under glass (magnifier stand) myself, but on this small stuff, it's not a bad idea, even if your eyes are great.

Come see my HUGE 3-channel Helicopter collection!
http://www.killbuckets.com/copters.htm
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Last edited by killbucket; Nov 26, 2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old Nov 05, 2010, 11:44 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
That's a little like dropping your car off at a shop at midnight with a note "broken".
About how many flights did it work for?
Did you have any big crashes before it stopped working?
Killbucket's site has labeled photos of the board you can use to confirm there is a signal going to the motor.
If there is, replacement tail motors complete with the boom and long wires is only $4 incl shipping on xheli.com.
worked for about 10 flights. It's my first RC so there were a lot of hard crashes. I'll check out KILLBUCKET's site. It's funny because the tail rotor will sometimes suddenly start spinning but then quit but it's never enough force to propel the heli forward. Ordered a second and I'll try to be more careful with it.
mediamaker is offline Find More Posts by mediamaker