Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 29, 2010, 06:57 PM
Southern Oregon
Joined Apr 2004
1,908 Posts
Update:

Ok... just a quickie here (I have to get back to work!)

ALL EyePod kits have been shipped!

This include overseas orders as well.

This is what I now have in stock (boxed and ready to go):

8 ea: Aerodynamic EyePods

10 ea: Standard EyePods

Because of my current work load, I can ship these after December 6th... It will be a week or so before I begin the next production run..

Thank you so much!

Really looking forward to seeing what you all do with these!

PLEASE post your videos here! Looking forward to seeing what you're doing with them!

Best,
Richard
jarel design is offline Find More Posts by jarel design
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2010, 03:03 PM
I LIKE WAFFLES....
Powder Springs, GA
Joined Sep 2010
2,452 Posts
I received my EYEPODs today - thank you sir

Sentry
SENTRY 62 is offline Find More Posts by SENTRY 62
Old Dec 01, 2010, 03:12 PM
netherlands
Joined Mar 2010
1,372 Posts
when i gett them
i will post some pics and videos
patrick39 is online now Find More Posts by patrick39
Old Dec 01, 2010, 03:44 PM
Jerk of all trades
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined May 2010
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SENTRY 62 View Post
I received my EYEPODs today - thank you sir

Sentry

Me too, plus I got the one that I'd ordered for the plane I'm building for you - so we've got an extra to experiment with.

All the hardware came in today, foam should be here in a day or so.

dawjr
dawjr is offline Find More Posts by dawjr
Old Dec 01, 2010, 03:47 PM
I LIKE WAFFLES....
Powder Springs, GA
Joined Sep 2010
2,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawjr View Post
Me too, plus I got the one that I'd ordered for the plane I'm building for you - so we've got an extra to experiment with.

All the hardware came in today, foam should be here in a day or so.

dawjr
I'm excited. Keep me posted - also make sure that we blueprint so that in case of a "woops" we can reman the parts and keep flying. If you need something to offset your costs incurred already let me know... I'm easy. Take your time - it'll be better in the end, plus there is no shortage of things to fly at my house right now in the interim - LOL.

Sentry
Old Dec 02, 2010, 07:43 PM
Jerk of all trades
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined May 2010
85 Posts
EyePod Warning!

If you leave them alone - they multiply.

All the best, Don
Old Dec 02, 2010, 08:12 PM
I LIKE WAFFLES....
Powder Springs, GA
Joined Sep 2010
2,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawjr View Post
If you leave them alone - they multiply.

All the best, Don
Oh yeah? Well I'll leave this $20 bill alone for a while and come back in a week.

Old Dec 02, 2010, 10:37 PM
Re-Kitting Expert :o
Bullhead City, Arizona
Joined Jan 2005
1,650 Posts
Mine showed up today. I got the aerodymanic ones, in hopes they would fit the top of my GAUI 330X. They look to be a tad long. What is the length of the standard ones?
GorillaBob is offline Find More Posts by GorillaBob
Old Dec 02, 2010, 11:05 PM
Southern Oregon
Joined Apr 2004
1,908 Posts
The standard ones are: 4-1/2" X 2-5/8"

Curious about putting them on top of a helicopter? Why not underneath between the landing gear struts?

I'm Planning to mount one under a Tiny Coaxial CX2 and extending the landing gear a little to accommodate the height... (Cutting off the skid and attaching CF tubes that fit right over the stock landing gear legs.

Can you send photos of where you want to mount it? Feed back with photos helps a lot! and if there are enough requests, I'll start making more designs using the same ball.

Best,
Richard

As for multiplying? Works on my shop dust all day long every day of the week! I leave for a moment and Blamo! I can barely walk through the place!
Old Dec 02, 2010, 11:22 PM
Bullhead City, Arizona
Joined Jan 2005
1,650 Posts
Gaui 330X

Jarel,

The bottom is where the battery is mounted with a Velcro strap and Velcro on the bottom plate. There is a Payload Mount that bolts on the top of the canopy and i have Velcro on that.
Old Dec 03, 2010, 12:40 AM
Southern Oregon
Joined Apr 2004
1,908 Posts
Makes perfect sense...

Will the standard EyePod work for you?

PM me and we'll figure something out.

Richard
Old Dec 03, 2010, 08:17 AM
Bullhead City, Arizona
Joined Jan 2005
1,650 Posts
Standard would be Closer. Measured the payload plate and it is about 4 1/8 by 1 1/2.
Old Dec 03, 2010, 10:20 AM
Southern Oregon
Joined Apr 2004
1,908 Posts
Do you want to trade?

Send me back yours and I'll send you standard.

Also, how many people out there fly these quads?

(I'm sure YOU would love a custom made one,,, but, the amount of time that goes into making the tooling... Hmmm... thinking... possibly altering my original plug...

Can you post a tracing of the top circle or if it is a round circle, the exact dimension of it?

Let me see what I can come up with... also a few more close up photos of the top AND the sides... especially where the arms come out from the top piece...

Richard
Old Dec 03, 2010, 10:57 AM
Jerk of all trades
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined May 2010
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SENTRY 62 View Post
Oh yeah? Well I'll leave this $20 bill alone for a while and come back in a week.
Sorry, Sentry. That magic trick is already accomplished by the Federal Reserve.
Old Dec 03, 2010, 02:09 PM
United States, CA, Goleta
Joined Aug 2008
28 Posts
Richard,

Thanks for the quick ship.Got mine yesterday just in time to build and film this Sat a charity event at my friends house called kidsnbikes www.kidsnbikes.org. I'll be using my Radian glider. "Kids And Bikes Foundation is a 501 (C)(3) non-profit organization that began for the purpose of providing new bicycles to the children of families who had fallen on hard times".The bikes are given away to local charities to be distributed to the kids.

Lou Ventrua founder, had a simple idea. He started it few of years ago with just a hand full of guys and built 30 bikes.This year he went to China and bought the unassembled bikes,730 of them, enough bikes jammed side to side to fill an entire tennis court.Hundreds of volunteers come out to assemble them in just one day. Posted a couple of pics.

Sorry for kinda off topic but I just wanted to explain and let you know what a good cause your "EyePod" is going towards. It will help being able get a great aerial video of the event. I'm sure being able to see the event form a birds eye view will also help to create more enthusiasm(sponsers,voluntrees and donation)for next years build.

I'd being willing to bet that with tons of kids coming out to help, seeing a RC glider flying above them(of course flying at a safe distance from the crowd plenty of open space behind his house) This may inspire some of them off the D#%*video games and into a life long hobby.

Keep those inventions coming.

Thanks again
Rob
N E 1 C iT is offline Find More Posts by N E 1 C iT