1,388 Posts
Suscribed too...
Gwelan is offline Find More Posts by Gwelan
Old Nov 08, 2010, 06:58 PM
addicted rc'er
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Dec 2009
887 Posts
subscribed ..... were can i order an eyepod ?
acky is online now Find More Posts by acky
Old Nov 08, 2010, 07:28 PM
Southern Oregon
Joined Apr 2004
1,908 Posts
Wow Guys!

totally excited to see you here!

Taking names for a list for now... will be sending out notices with payment and shipping info in about 2 weeks... at that time, overseas/international orders (there are MANY of you!)of you could give your shipping address, I'll take them all into the post office to get a price for shipping...

I already have international shipping charges for many countries, but they are for my other kits...

You can reach me through my website at www.jarelaircraftdesign.com There is a contact page there.

Ok... back to work... Pouring those case molds today!

Richard
jarel design is offline Find More Posts by jarel design
Old Nov 09, 2010, 03:58 PM
Southern Oregon
Joined Apr 2004
1,908 Posts
More "Inside Information" with photos including "kit contents"

It's just been crazy here!

Totally amazed at the response to this camera mount... THANK YOU!!!!!

Still creating final high temp tooling, but I've receieved a lot of emails asking what makes this so special? How does it work? What's inside?

Welll since I don't have a lot of time at the moment, and they say a picture is worth a thousand words, here's a few "pictures"! lol!

Basically there's an internal ball cradle that isolates the ball from the outer shell. a secondary piece of thin foam rubber serves double duty: It helps isolate the camera even further from the outer shell and...

The black foam rubber helps hold the camera in place where you position it...

The black elastic cord supplies the "spring tension" that keeps it all in place... The white piece of plastic tube (slid on the elastic in the kit contents photos) is cut and used to secure th ends of th elastic during final assembly...

I doubt it would take most builders more than an hour to put this together... Especially once I complete and post the build thread for all three versions...

Thanks again for your support!
I'll be back soon!

Richard
Old Nov 09, 2010, 08:32 PM
Southern Oregon
Joined Apr 2004
1,908 Posts
How Many Plane Can You Mount an EyePod onto??? Part #1

HOW MANY PLANES HAVE YOU GOT?!?!?!?!

Just spent most of the day over at Al's Cycle and Hobby in Medford...

WHAT A GREAT ORGANIZATION! Great people, Great service, Intelligent, they know what they're talking about and if they don't have it (Rarely do I EVER walk out without having what I came in for!), they will go out of their way to get it for you right away!

THANK YOU for everything and especially TODAY!

What did they do today?

They let me take down just about every airplane they had from their ceiling hanger mounts and let me photograph EyePods mounted on them! For HOURS!!!!! They were so gracious too... They took it as an opportunity to dust off the planes rather than consider me a nuisance...

Wow!

Thanks again guys!

Ok... so how can you mount an EyePod and where and on what planes...

This is just the tip of the ieceburg... after a while the real answer became redundantly obvious...

You can mount an EyePod just about ANYWHERE!!!!!

Here is a very small sampling of todays photo shgoot... I didn't write up any captions as these planes are just too well known... You've probably got at least one?!?!?!

I'll be back with more...

Enjoy!

Richard
Old Nov 09, 2010, 11:58 PM
Re-Kitting Expert :o
Bullhead City, Arizona
Joined Jan 2005
1,675 Posts
Looks awesome Richard!
GorillaBob is offline Find More Posts by GorillaBob
Old Nov 10, 2010, 12:44 AM
United States, CA, Cameron Park
Joined May 2007
1,259 Posts
I bought one of these camera's from Hobbyking for just about $7 but the quality is horrible! Can anyone point me out to a brand that they feel provides reasonable to good results?

Thanks
Highfly! is offline Find More Posts by Highfly!
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 10, 2010, 01:47 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,253 Posts
Are you using the correct card as recommended for it? It must be the newer high speed ones or the vid comes out terrible.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Nov 10, 2010, 08:32 AM
Southern Oregon
Joined Apr 2004
1,908 Posts
have you visited the "Mega keyfob, 808 key chain camera thread in this forum?

TONS of very specific information... Also... "horrible" is a very subjective description for a very vague description (one of "these" cameras...) of what you're dealing with. Ten years ago, any image on video from a device weighing less than one ounce would have been defined as incredible! It's hard to determine what you're dealing with from what you shared and I'm not so certain that this would be the thread to discuss or solve your problem.

You may want to start your own thread regarding your situation...? I would recommend posting a photo of your camera with it's make and model and when you bought it... the condition of it's battery and an example of what you consider "horrible"... This will give members out there who are highly qualified with the technical end of these devices, an opportunity to diagnose the image and give you some real valuable feedback.

As Nitro shared... the SD memory card can easily be the culprit... It was on mine as was the battery which sat in a drawer for a year being consumed by the time/date stamp part of the internal computer... didn't know it until I went searching on the appropriate thread.

Good luck!

Richard
Old Nov 10, 2010, 09:53 AM
Jerk of all trades
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined May 2010
85 Posts
Subscribed and interested too! This idea is one those "head smackers" - why didn't I think of that? Often times we may think there is no room for new products or ideas and then someone like you comes along and blows that theory out of the water. Means there's hope for the rest of us.

All the best, Don
dawjr is offline Find More Posts by dawjr
Old Nov 10, 2010, 10:59 AM
Southern Oregon
Joined Apr 2004
1,908 Posts
Oh Don,

There's always hope for the rest of us! lol!

I can't tell you how many ideas I've had, some of them started but most never followed through on...

I must admit (I have a few friends who are also artists, inventors, entrepreneurs), the number one barrier is fear... fear of failure, fear of success, fear of rejection... Most of these close friends (if not all), read books like Jack Canfield's "The Success Principles"... Movies like "What the Bleep Do We Know", The Secret, Wayne Dyer's "Power of Intention"... I'm now reading Steven Scheussler's "It's a Jungle Out There" (a gift from one of my friend/heroes... founder and president of "The Headblade Company"...

There are many times I look at myself and go... what the heck am I doing?!?!?! This could be when I let go of my dream and think I am probably doing this all wrong... maybe I should just look into that "Truck Driving School" ("Top Gun" quote)... Other times, especially here in this thread... when I receive responses like yours and others... I can not even begin to tell you or explain the kind of energy I receive by even just a few people looking at what I am up to and share that they like it...

At only $9.95 each, I'm not going to make a fortune on this project at all (even though I have a TON of orders! The first 50 went really quick! (I didn't share this because I chose to "risk" and ordered more boxes (the only item I was low on) and those should come in before the molds are ready in about two weeks).... The real "PaybackK, is not the money... its the human connection and responses like yours and others that fuel my fire to keep going, to continue risking...

RISK! That's a big one! When you mention the "better mouse trap... and why did'nt I think of that? We think of these things all the time! We just don't "risk" chasing after them... When I first came up with this idea, I thought this was just going to go nowhere and it sat on a shelf collecting dust... later, I shaped a set of plugs (you'll notice that they are in hardwood... usually I use RenShape that costs about $500 for a 2" x 18" x 60" piece... the material I normally use to create my client prototypes (I share that so you know how little faith I had in this idea...) So I make the first one and think... well, that's interesting... and I use it and others se it and go wow! That's interesting... and then I star looking at all the people using this little camera and all the masking tape, duct tape, velcro, chewing gum, rubber band methods that they've tried to mount these cameras on their planes... Hmmm isn't THAT interesting!

And so I risked taking a few more steps and designed three more versions (There's a helicopter mount I haven't shared yet... (need to complete the photo-shoot) and then I had these things and thought... Hmmm isn't that interesting! I wonder if anyone else might think these are interesting too?

And here I am... The psychology behind this entire process is truly an interesting thing to explore... If you've seen the two part interview by Local's Guide magazine, I share how I got into motion picture special effects... the fear is strong though and it keeps wanting to re-surface... I spend a LOT of my time volunteering with kids, teens mostly... Teen Mentoring, speaking in classrooms... my main message is my story in that interview... in sharing and teaching (as I am here in this post), what I am also doing is reminding myself to listen to my words and what I know... What I know is that no matter what our dreams may be... the only thing stopping us, is ourselves!

Tow favorite movies in this arena... "The Rookie" (WONDERFUL story about pursuing a dream and the fears and disbelief that they would ever come true... True story by the way!) Another favorite and also another true story: "The World's Fastest Indian" GREAT film! It shows what can be done when the word "no you can't" is ignored and unacceptable as an answer to our dream...

Yeah, I like to share this stuff... I never would have dreamed I would have accomplished what I have in my life... I also see the repeat in terms of my fears still present and wanting to take a hold of the steering wheel...

By sharing here in a thread like this, I invite you guys to sit in the back seat and cheer me on to fighting back and grabbing hold of the wheel and stepping on the gas...

In the most sincerest ways I can imagine...

Thank you all for your support... it is more important than you might imagine... If I can reflect through sharing like this... what is possible with your own lives and dreams, then we are all the better for it.

Thanks!

Richard.

PS: woke up at 4am today compiling the photos of the build thread and listing those I want to add or change... I'll be shooting those today and hopefully will begin the actual build thread later this afternoon or early this evening... tons of photos and you'll get to see how simple this new "mousetrap" really is! lol!

again, my thanks to you all!

Richard
Old Nov 10, 2010, 11:57 AM
Joined Mar 2001
2,625 Posts
Richard,

I really admire and envy guys like you who are passionate about their work.

On an unrelated note, every time I look at a photo of the EyePod I think "Cylon". I keep waiting for a little red LED to scan back and forth.

Tony
t-turley is offline Find More Posts by t-turley