HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 20, 2011, 05:16 AM
Great Orme
Joined Aug 2003
383 Posts
We have had a club in our school since 1993, I teach Design Technology and it is a boarding school which made setting up fairly easy. It started mainly as a freeflight and indoor round the pole electric flying. It soon developed into an RC club with a specific interest in slope soaring, we are quite close to the sea and have many hills and sea cliffs within easy reach it also tends to be windy most of the time which helps. If anybody needs any help or encouragement I would be only to pleased, I can heartily recomend to anyone who is a teacher or youth worker, not sure what its like in the rest of the world but in UK we need more young people to enjoy the hobby - if you can prise them away from their games consoles and social networking sites!

We have just put our latest website online - take a look!

http://silentflight.moonfruit.com/

There are still a few sections to be finished.
Conwy-Soarer is offline Find More Posts by Conwy-Soarer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2011, 03:01 PM
Central Massachusetts
Joined Nov 2010
17 Posts
start em off with a sim, then graduate to a buddy box on a trainer, and or solo on parkflyers, then on to solo.
Scaleflyer121 is offline Find More Posts by Scaleflyer121
Old Jul 25, 2011, 03:04 PM
Central Massachusetts
Joined Nov 2010
17 Posts
also keep in mind that sims are much easier than the real thing. You will also want to consider going to a field for spring flying.
Scaleflyer121 is offline Find More Posts by Scaleflyer121