HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 02, 2011, 03:50 PM
Italy
Joined Sep 2004
791 Posts
Hi Looo, you are a really BIPmaster here.
My compliment for your job.

I have a question for you all.
Does anyone had problem flying my pico stick, because somebody is having trouble with it like a jerky flying attitude with a 3 frame rate per second over the monitor info.
I dunno why this is happening
TIA
Franky
frankyfly is offline Find More Posts by frankyfly
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2011, 06:00 PM
Canada, BC, Victoria
Joined Jul 2009
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looooeeee! View Post
Some of my models are now posted, enjoy.

And for sometime in the future..

P.S. I've updated this with new planes and folders for those missing theirs,
Wow.. Beautiful job on all your planes.. Really enjoying them all. The biplanes give a really good sense of what it must have taken to get and keep them in the air. Now we need one with floats! Thanks for your contributions.
Metman is offline Find More Posts by Metman
Old Jun 09, 2011, 08:06 PM
Larry
Lakewood Colorado
Joined Nov 2006
51 Posts
Jerky Stick

I am the one with the jerky stick every other model that I have downloade has worked great except yours so it is not my coumpetor all of GaryGunnersons planes work great he has a great deal of detail and all that kind of stuff in his models and they all fly great your Slow Stick looks super great and I want to fly it but it just jerks along gary's frame rates are 24 and yours is 3 some one told me to check this out but I don't have the foggest Idea what this means please have pity on this 70 year old man I am just able to turn this darn thing on let alone know what you smart Guys are doing and talking about Thank You for your time on this issue
Larry D
Larry D is offline Find More Posts by Larry D
Old Jun 09, 2011, 09:01 PM
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer
USA, VA, Chantilly
Joined Apr 2002
1,682 Posts
Hey Larry D, ggunners' models are low polygon counts. I make them that way and put more detail into the image map so they will load faster and use less graphics resources. Some of the other models have very high polygon counts, 2 or 3 times what I use. So, the only fix is to have the person that created the model reduce the polygon counts in the model. -- ggunners
ggunners is online now Find More Posts by ggunners
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 10, 2011, 12:29 PM
Founder of the EDF20 club!
Minnesota
Joined Apr 2008
3,261 Posts
Whoa! Just when I thought there weren't very many planes to download for RCDP, I now found this thread! I'm going to have to try some of these.
all4smallrc is offline Find More Posts by all4smallrc
Old Jun 10, 2011, 03:26 PM
Heli Bouncer
At the Discount Clambake
Joined Feb 2001
3,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggunners View Post
Hey Larry D, ggunners' models are low polygon counts. I make them that way and put more detail into the image map so they will load faster and use less graphics resources. Some of the other models have very high polygon counts, 2 or 3 times what I use. So, the only fix is to have the person that created the model reduce the polygon counts in the model. -- ggunners
If the 'jerky stick' models were made from the original SlowSticks made by Boomerace, they may have a bunch of duplicated co-planar polys. I'll have to go through my old models and check out, but it stands to reason that the FMS SlowSticks Boomer made aren't that high a poly count, at least from structure. I'd also load my Caudron and check it against the Slow Sticks as it is rather high poly count.
Looooeeee! is offline Find More Posts by Looooeeee!
Old Jun 10, 2011, 03:28 PM
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer
USA, VA, Chantilly
Joined Apr 2002
1,682 Posts
Please add:

ParkZone Stryker F-27Q

ParkZone Stinson Reliant SR-10

ParkZone RAF SE-5a

HobbyZone SuperCub LP

Thanks! -- ggunners
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by ggunners; Jun 17, 2011 at 04:27 PM. Reason: added RAF SE-5a and HZ SuperCub LP
Old Jun 16, 2011, 02:59 PM
Heli Bouncer
At the Discount Clambake
Joined Feb 2001
3,920 Posts
Another video I put together of planes I'm working on.

Wings of Fire (9 min 53 sec)
Looooeeee! is offline Find More Posts by Looooeeee!
Old Jun 16, 2011, 11:48 PM
Joined Mar 2010
2 Posts
how do u get the models on the simulator i cant get them to appear in my list? -.-
wannabpilot is offline Find More Posts by wannabpilot
Old Jun 17, 2011, 07:04 AM
MO, USA
Joined Jun 2010
686 Posts
Anyone know if there happens to be a SuperCub LP model for RCDP yet? Last time I looked, I wasn't able to find one.
motoguy1 is offline Find More Posts by motoguy1
Old Jun 17, 2011, 07:25 AM
Joined Nov 2009
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabpilot View Post
how do u get the models on the simulator i cant get them to appear in my list? -.-
In the "My Documents" or just "Document" folder you wil find the 'RC Desk Pilot' folder or 'BMI Flight Simulator' folder. Within that is an 'Aircraft ' folder. All planes go in that folder in their own folder.

Example:
C:\Users\User\Documents\RC Desk Pilot\Aircraft\Wedgy 1800
Eves is offline Find More Posts by Eves
Old Jun 17, 2011, 02:17 PM
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer
USA, VA, Chantilly
Joined Apr 2002
1,682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoguy1 View Post
Anyone know if there happens to be a SuperCub LP model for RCDP yet? Last time I looked, I wasn't able to find one.

HobbyZone SuperCub LP for RC Desk Pilot

-- ggunners
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 17, 2011, 02:48 PM
MO, USA
Joined Jun 2010
686 Posts
Quote:
Thank you VERY much! I had looked at your site for the file (as I've been using your FMS version for a while), but I must have overlooked it. Thanks again!
motoguy1 is offline Find More Posts by motoguy1
Old Jun 17, 2011, 04:06 PM
...still seeking PyrE
Long Island's North Shore
Joined Aug 2003
176 Posts
FrankyFlys Pico Stick

FrankyFlys Pico Stick is working very well on my Win7 64 bit self-assembled machine; no stuttering or lagging, just smooth controllable sim flying. And the colors and model in general stands out very well.

Both the Pico Stick and the Tiny are my favorites now.

And, Franky, please do the Tiny X, a better flyer, especially when built with light wood. I think anyone who likes small, 3D types will appreciate these great Todd Long models in RCDP.

To Larry D.? What hardware are you using, and any similar problems with other models in RCDP? More info might help someone to see the problem and perhaps a solution.

I've also seen 7 decades pass in the rear-view mirror, so no one is alone.
FreeFlier is offline Find More Posts by FreeFlier
Last edited by FreeFlier; Jun 17, 2011 at 04:13 PM. Reason: That thing called memory...
Old Jun 18, 2011, 05:39 AM
Big T
Joined May 2011
14 Posts
Hz sc lp

Quote:
Thank you so much GGUNNERS for the Super Cub!! I had been hoping you would include it! I feel it is much more realistic on RCDP than FMS. Keep the planes coming! I get excited when I see you have added another model!
westkyracer is offline Find More Posts by westkyracer