SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 29, 2011, 10:36 AM
Heli Bouncer
At the Discount Clambake
Joined Feb 2001
3,920 Posts
Some of my models are now posted, enjoy.

And for sometime in the future..

P.S. I've updated this with new planes and folders for those missing theirs,
Looooeeee! is offline Find More Posts by Looooeeee!
Last edited by Looooeeee!; May 31, 2011 at 10:44 PM. Reason: new files with folders..
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2011, 11:59 AM
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer
USA, VA, Chantilly
Joined Apr 2002
1,680 Posts
Goin' for the Wilga. Awesome!

I've seen one of those land at Oshkosh. They can drop it right down and it bounces right back up.

-- ggunners
ggunners is offline Find More Posts by ggunners
RCG Plus Member
Old May 29, 2011, 01:52 PM
Joined Apr 2009
343 Posts
Thanks, as expected absolutely gorgeous models Looooeeee! And it looks you're taking "scale" seriously on the Wilga too.

You might wanna include the subfolder names after the plane in the zipfiles so downloaders won't have to create the folder themselves.

Cheers,
Davy
GeneralFailure is offline Find More Posts by GeneralFailure
Old May 29, 2011, 02:45 PM
Heli Bouncer
At the Discount Clambake
Joined Feb 2001
3,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralFailure View Post
Thanks, as expected absolutely gorgeous models Looooeeee! And it looks you're taking "scale" seriously on the Wilga too.

You might wanna include the subfolder names after the plane in the zipfiles so downloaders won't have to create the folder themselves.

Cheers,
Davy
Yeah I thought of that after uploading. Next upload.
Old May 29, 2011, 04:26 PM
Valparaiso, IN
Joined Apr 2005
740 Posts
Thank you Looooeeee

The old bipes are simply terrific. Thanks and keep up the good work.
Jim Deck
Jim Deck is offline Find More Posts by Jim Deck
Old May 30, 2011, 01:55 AM
skumgummi dave
Gresham, OR.
Joined Mar 2004
1,849 Posts
Looooeeee!

Thanks for the new aircraft.

Regards;

Dave-
foamdave is offline Find More Posts by foamdave
Old May 30, 2011, 07:54 AM
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer
USA, VA, Chantilly
Joined Apr 2002
1,680 Posts
Looooeeee!, nicely done my friend. I have flown all your bipes and each has it's own personality. Even a little bit of wind makes them a challenge to fly. They all do stall turns quite well and most of them can get into a spin and exit without getting stuck and crashing. Fun times. Thanks for sharing! -- ggunners
ggunners is offline Find More Posts by ggunners
RCG Plus Member
Old May 30, 2011, 10:01 AM
Heli Bouncer
At the Discount Clambake
Joined Feb 2001
3,920 Posts
Thank you, all for the compliments it's really appreciated.

This sim allows you to experiment quite a bit on the fly, in real-time. ( other sims could take a lesson here, especially for developers.) You easily get a feel for how an FM should work for an old, draggy, underpowered aeroplane. I'm trying for scale without them being too meager to be fun.

One thing Davey might keep in mind for way-in-the-future development is the ability to do unlimited separate wing entries of span, chord, position in XYZspace and airfoil parameters, but as such is gilding an already nice Lily.
Old May 31, 2011, 01:37 PM
NJ + FL
Joined May 2003
17 Posts
Looooeee

I need some help. I went through my normal routine of downloading new aircraft and was successful with the Caudron and the Avro Arrowscout. Both are terrific pieces of work and I want to get the other three.

Despite repeated attempts, I cannot download the files to either "RC Desk Pilot" or "BMI". I get a dialog box that tells me that the files already exist and do I wish to, or not, overwrite the data. I've tried both options with no luck.

What am I overlooking? I'm not terribly computer competent, so please put it in simple terms.

TIA,

JerseyJohn
JerseyJohn is offline Find More Posts by JerseyJohn
Old May 31, 2011, 06:45 PM
Big T
Joined May 2011
14 Posts
in the aircraft folder make a new folder with the name of the plane you are downloading then extract the files to the new folder. Then go back and do the same thing for the other ones that you want. Also in the aircraft folder you have downloaded the planes in this directory so the motor sound files that are the same for the planes is why you are getting the messages. So select all the info that is not in a folder beneath the aircraft folders and delete them or you will get multiple planes with the same name in the program when you run the sim."short cut click on the first file you want to delete then hold shift and select the last file you want to delete and windows will highlight all files in between right click on the selected files and click delete" . Hope this helps.
westkyracer is offline Find More Posts by westkyracer
Old May 31, 2011, 10:24 PM
Heli Bouncer
At the Discount Clambake
Joined Feb 2001
3,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westkyracer View Post
in the aircraft folder make a new folder with the name of the plane you are downloading then extract the files to the new folder. Then go back and do the same thing for the other ones that you want. Also in the aircraft folder you have downloaded the planes in this directory so the motor sound files that are the same for the planes is why you are getting the messages. So select all the info that is not in a folder beneath the aircraft folders and delete them or you will get multiple planes with the same name in the program when you run the sim."short cut click on the first file you want to delete then hold shift and select the last file you want to delete and windows will highlight all files in between right click on the selected files and click delete" . Hope this helps.
This might be easier using the aircraft editor included with the latest RC Desk Pilot version. First open the editor, and where it opens to the first page, select "new aircraft" and type in the text name, ( exactly ) of the downloaded .par file into the aircraft name text editing entry box, save, and then close Aircraft editor. It may ask again if you want to save the file, just tell it yes.

You should now have an empty folder named after the new download in your My Documents/.xxxx./ RC Desk Pilot/Aircraft/ folder pathway.

Then just extract the whole of the files in the zip to the folder. Make doubly sure that these are the files without the folder as you'll add another folder to the aircraft pathway which may mess things up.

I will be more vigilant about doing folders with the next group, sorry for the mix up.
Old Jun 01, 2011, 12:26 AM
RC Adddict
Canada, BC, Williams Lake
Joined Jan 2010
4,180 Posts
Finally got some more time i.m up to page 02 on the main thread a few more to go and i'll add all the ones posted here as well guys
Wilfor is offline Find More Posts by Wilfor
Old Jun 01, 2011, 12:55 AM
Big T
Joined May 2011
14 Posts
Looooeeee I have a touch of OCD so I just could not have files outside of the folders LOL! Thanks for such a wonderful job on making your planes. I have tried the editor and made the trainer and that is as far as I have got. Keep up the great work and look forward to seeing more of your planes! Did not think of this til now but I guess the easiest way for him to get around this is when prompted to overwrite the existing data and check the box to do it for the next items as well.
westkyracer is offline Find More Posts by westkyracer
Old Jun 01, 2011, 08:08 AM
NJ + FL
Joined May 2003
17 Posts
Thanks for your help everybody! I managed to unscramble the mess that I had made and all is well at this point.

The new planes are just terrific!!

JerseyJohn
JerseyJohn is offline Find More Posts by JerseyJohn
Old Jun 01, 2011, 08:23 AM
Heli Bouncer
At the Discount Clambake
Joined Feb 2001
3,920 Posts
Well I'm glad you got it straightened out John, I realized after describing my 'easy' way that you will probably end up with an empty .par named after the folder, which will need to be overwritten by the zipped one.

I think I need to add some Axis aircraft to balance out the Allied planes.