SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 24, 2011, 04:11 PM
Joined Apr 2009
343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryross View Post
This simm is very lacking on scenery. Is there anyone working on this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfor View Post
Larry i dont know if davy has any new scenery for the next version , i know he's working on water so i would think some new scenery is coming aswell . Maybe a scenery editor to go with plane editor
Yes, although the water is added to the current scenery, it does offer some variation. As Metman said, I have to distribute my time between different features. The main goal of the sim is to offer a fun and useful introduction into R/C flying. My feeling is that scenery is secondary in that respect to the actual airplanes. Not that a scenery editor isn't planned, but it will take probably about 2 months to create. I figure better heli physics has higher priority, so a wild guess is it will be somewhere toward the end of the summer before I expect to produce a scenery editor. No promises though!

Cheers,
Davy
GeneralFailure is offline Find More Posts by GeneralFailure
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2011, 01:20 PM
Landin' On The Canopy BAD
Lee's Summit, MO
Joined Jan 2008
1,481 Posts
has there been a new release beyond 1.3? sorry i havent really been keeping up with this...
F-86FLIER4LIFE is offline Find More Posts by F-86FLIER4LIFE
Old Mar 03, 2011, 05:21 PM
United States, MA
Joined Feb 2011
141 Posts
Miss America V2

Greetings Comrades,

'Miss America' is a modified version of Frankyflys excellent P51 with the addition of a rudder and landing gear. I hope too better understand the forces at work someday and there effect on the airframe, as well as how to get the darn file uploaded. I've included a link to the Zip file at mediafire because I keep hitting the limit here and havent been able to figure out what it is im doing wrong... ?

'Miss America'
http://www.mediafire.com/?6u7kothkeehydfz
trumpy959 is offline Find More Posts by trumpy959
Last edited by trumpy959; Mar 04, 2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old Mar 05, 2011, 08:31 PM
Ochroma Lagopus Tekton
Blackstock, South Carolina
Joined Sep 2007
1,829 Posts
Alas, this has the same problem as all the other sims I have checked out. None of the available planes are anything I would ever want to fly. The only exception so far has been FMS which has a lot of the ones I want.

So much for "getting what you pay for"!
Fly Wheel is offline Find More Posts by Fly Wheel
Old Mar 06, 2011, 07:49 AM
MO, USA
Joined Jun 2010
686 Posts
Is there a model for the HobbyZone SuperCub? I didn't find one in my last search. I'm having to rely on FMS for this particular model / sim combo.
motoguy1 is offline Find More Posts by motoguy1
Old Mar 06, 2011, 01:59 PM
Italy
Joined Jan 2011
69 Posts
okay....where is the water in the current scenery??
MiddyFra is offline Find More Posts by MiddyFra
Old Mar 07, 2011, 04:51 PM
United States, VA, Alexandria
Joined May 2010
22 Posts
Model Request

Love the way the sim works and the variation on many aircraft styles. Is there any thought to a quad sim or is thrust vectoring still not functional?
Great job...love this program!
Realpro is offline Find More Posts by Realpro
Old Mar 08, 2011, 11:17 AM
Joined Apr 2009
343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddyFra View Post
okay....where is the water in the current scenery??
Hi there. Rain season is yet to come, i.e. the water is still in development. The next version will feature it.

Realpro, no thrust vectoring yet unfortunately. Small steps...

Davy
GeneralFailure is offline Find More Posts by GeneralFailure
Old Mar 08, 2011, 08:50 PM
Gary, IN, USA
Joined Jul 1999
988 Posts
I sat my 10 year old granddaughter at the computer and brought up RCDP. She knows how to fly a sim. Gave her the glasses and brought up the 3D screen with 2 other planes also flying. She flew for maybe 10 minutes with different challenges; then she turned to me and said,"What's the purpose of this?"
I later mentioned this to her father, my son, and he remarked that she told him what she had done during her visit here and he told her that some things are done for fun and don't need a specific purpose........unless grandpa has found a way to crash without busting his airplane!
Time-out to re-write my Will......
Jim Petro is offline Find More Posts by Jim Petro
Old Mar 09, 2011, 03:29 PM
Italy
Joined Jan 2011
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralFailure View Post
Hi there. Rain season is yet to come, i.e. the water is still in development. The next version will feature it.

Realpro, no thrust vectoring yet unfortunately. Small steps...

Davy
thanks Davy. I ll be waiting anxiously for the next release!
btw you just found my channel on YT and I found yours...

MiddyFra
Fra42below on Youtube.
MiddyFra is offline Find More Posts by MiddyFra
Old Mar 15, 2011, 08:55 PM
United States, MA
Joined Feb 2011
141 Posts
"Miss P-51"

Greetings Comrades

Oh no not another P51 ! ... I just cant get enough of them. Im still learning to use Sketch Up and really having a ton of fun with it, its a great tool. Maybe someday I'll actually learn how to trim an airplane model too. This foam version is sure to be a great flyer, let me know how to fix her up to fly better.
trumpy959 is offline Find More Posts by trumpy959
Last edited by trumpy959; Oct 11, 2012 at 11:54 AM. Reason: video no longer availible
Old Mar 15, 2011, 08:58 PM
MO, USA
Joined Jun 2010
686 Posts
I find it completely ironic that there's a G5.5 banner ad, placed right on top of the posts that pretty much ensure I'll never need to buy RealFlight.
motoguy1 is offline Find More Posts by motoguy1
Old Mar 16, 2011, 06:51 PM
Joined Nov 2009
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoguy1 View Post
I find it completely ironic that there's a G5.5 banner ad, placed right on top of the posts that pretty much ensure I'll never need to buy RealFlight.
Ironic? Only if you don't know the the gracious owners of this forum and Realflight are one in the same.

I own a copy of RealFlight... it's a great piece of software.

Sorry for the off-topic, I just had to set things straight.
Please do not reply to this message. This thread is for RCDP vehicles only. TY
Eves is offline Find More Posts by Eves
Old Mar 18, 2011, 02:24 PM
Joined Mar 2011
11 Posts
I would like to add my plane to this already great list. I found the plans for this plane in Google SketchUp8. I had never worked with any type of 3D software so it took a while for me to get this to work... but it was fun learning.

I have setup this plane as a 3D stunt plane. I really like it and hope that you do to.

I tried my best to set it up so you can do prop hangs but i don't think it's quite there yet. Please feel free to modify the planes settings so that the plane might be able to hover straight up in one place. Hey, maybe I'm just not flying it right and it's fully capable of this.

Props to Davy for an absolutely awesome FREE SIMULATOR. I'm having soo much fun with it.
Zilonis is offline Find More Posts by Zilonis
Old Mar 28, 2011, 02:38 PM
United States, MD, Bel Air
Joined Oct 2010
177 Posts
GWS Slow Stick for RCDeskpilot?? I am looking for it

Can anyone point me to a Slow Stick plane for the RC Deskpilot? I have searched all over and cannot find one.. Is there some other plane that I could use that will have mostly the same characteristics?

thanks for any help...
harfordhawk is offline Find More Posts by harfordhawk