HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 03, 2010, 06:36 PM
YOUTUBE - R/C Life Channel
Joined Sep 2010
234 Posts
Gallery
FINALLY got my HOR on the track!!!!

So I was able to get my hor running nice so i took it to the track, they changed the layout on me though, it didnt use to be so curvy. Got to find another track to run at that has a bigger track so i can let go but enjoy

Kyosho HOR at wcrc (2 min 11 sec)
kjohns0n is offline Find More Posts by kjohns0n
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2010, 04:03 PM
Joined May 2009
661 Posts
Nice! we'll have to get the guys together for a race!
Torrance is offline Find More Posts by Torrance
Old Nov 04, 2010, 04:33 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,326 Posts
IS that the 3 Racing single sided swing arm set? I bought one in HK and I want to rebuild one of my old HOR's with that. Is it durable?
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Nov 04, 2010, 04:48 PM
Joined Sep 2010
234 Posts
yes it is the 3 racing single side swing arm set, given I didnt drive it much with the stock rear swing arm, I can say I have not had a single issue with this kit. I get sooooo many people asking about it, but it hasnt broke or anything. I have done some pretty bad crashes too. I recommend it for looks, cant comment on performance vs stock though

and torrance bro, let me know!!!! I wanna run on a track with a few other bikes, so far i havent found anyone who has one that is running.
Old Nov 04, 2010, 07:05 PM
Joined Sep 2010
234 Posts
also it has a slipper type of set up so you can have more control of your throttle
Old Nov 04, 2010, 09:33 PM
Joined May 2009
661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjohns0n View Post
yes it is the 3 racing single side swing arm set, given I didnt drive it much with the stock rear swing arm, I can say I have not had a single issue with this kit. I get sooooo many people asking about it, but it hasnt broke or anything. I have done some pretty bad crashes too. I recommend it for looks, cant comment on performance vs stock though

and torrance bro, let me know!!!! I wanna run on a track with a few other bikes, so far i havent found anyone who has one that is running.
sure let me know when you want to run bikes. we can either go to WCRC or CAL raceway. i prefer the actual track at CAL but the amenities at WCRC is better. for the next couple of months i'm unavailable on tuesday and wednesday evenings but all the other days i'm game.
Torrance is offline Find More Posts by Torrance
Old Nov 05, 2010, 01:57 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
IS that the 3 Racing single sided swing arm set? I bought one in HK and I want to rebuild one of my old HOR's with that. Is it durable?
Sorry for hi-jacking this Thread, but Chris: Is it possible to fit the Single-Sided Swingarm to the GPV-1?
Gartenzwerg is online now Find More Posts by Gartenzwerg
Old Nov 05, 2010, 10:17 AM
Joined Feb 2004
4,326 Posts
Hahaha yeah I looked into that one. Nope. The HOR swingarm is much shorter than the GPV, that was one of the improvements I made over the HOR for better traction. I bought the swingarm set to check it out and when I get around to it rebuild an HOR with it and other mods. Good question though!
Old Nov 05, 2010, 02:20 PM
Joined Aug 2005
400 Posts
chris how about a slipper for the venom
yamar6 is offline Find More Posts by yamar6
Old Nov 05, 2010, 02:41 PM
Joined Feb 2004
4,326 Posts
There is one available from one source, I cant recall the name at the moment. As for us I dont think we will soon but if there is a good demand for it we could make it. Personally I dont see the need and if you hold the brakes in a crash it saves the spur gear. The MTCS set up will take care of excessive wheelie issues if your trying to dial that out.
Old Nov 05, 2010, 03:42 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
Hahaha yeah I looked into that one. Nope. The HOR swingarm is much shorter than the GPV, that was one of the improvements I made over the HOR for better traction. I bought the swingarm set to check it out and when I get around to it rebuild an HOR with it and other mods. Good question though!
Thanks for looking.

Would have looked great on the GPV..
Gartenzwerg is online now Find More Posts by Gartenzwerg
Old Nov 05, 2010, 09:38 PM
Joined Sep 2010
234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrance View Post
sure let me know when you want to run bikes. we can either go to WCRC or CAL raceway. i prefer the actual track at CAL but the amenities at WCRC is better. for the next couple of months i'm unavailable on tuesday and wednesday evenings but all the other days i'm game.

Cal raceway sounds like a good place, wcrc isnt setup onroad nice for bikes right now. mondays and tuesdays im free, other than that i work till 8pm
Old Nov 06, 2010, 09:57 AM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
NICE! I love onboard vids of these little bikes.

Iv'e always wanted to do one too.If you don't mind telling me what system or setup did you use?I wanna make an onboard vid i tried and failed.LOL
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Old Nov 06, 2010, 11:02 AM
Joined Sep 2010
234 Posts
sure i used this camera, http://www.xheli.com/fipevicas18g.html, together with a large paper clip bend in a straighten Z type shape, then i used electric tape to tie the clip to the rear of the bike, on the side with no swing arm as mine is a single arm. And i also used a bit of electric tape to attached the camera to the paper clip. I am having issues finding my other camera, as the one i use stopped working the other day, other wise i would snap a shot for you. worse case i can use my phone, but it takes crap pictures. But you should still be able to see how i did it.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 04:56 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,817 Posts
Very nice video, when you think these bikes came out in the early 1990s I have said it before and I will say it again, one of the best scale bikes out there, and still going strong. you think Kyosho will ever up date it ?
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco