HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 29, 2010, 12:35 PM
The Greater Bay Area
Joined Sep 2008
3,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoflyjets View Post
FlyBoyTha1 are you upgrading to a different fan and motor? Or are you parting out your f-86. Thanks.
Funding a big project
FlyBoyTha1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyBoyTha1
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2010, 03:23 PM
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Jan 2008
230 Posts
You got Jet fever. No doctor can fix it. Lot's of money makes it better.
lovetoflyjets is offline Find More Posts by lovetoflyjets
Old Nov 29, 2010, 09:16 PM
United States, GA, Alpharetta
Joined Feb 2009
402 Posts
One more try, will a dynamav fit or is that just crazy?
rfodor is offline Find More Posts by rfodor
Old Nov 30, 2010, 06:32 PM
EDF rules... :)
Joined Nov 1999
13,526 Posts
I think the Dynamax is a little big for this airframe, there is just enough room for 2 4s 4000mah packs and the 101mm fan. I am running a Wemotec 90mm on 4s, the weight will be ~7lbs and the weight will be at the max for the built up structure IMO.

Eric B.
AirX is offline Find More Posts by AirX
Old Nov 30, 2010, 07:29 PM
United States, GA, Alpharetta
Joined Feb 2009
402 Posts
Thanks Eric, I kind of thought that but I wanted here it from someone that has one and uderstands the issues.

Ron
rfodor is offline Find More Posts by rfodor
Old Nov 30, 2010, 08:16 PM
IDIDNTFEELATHING
United States, IN, Newburgh
Joined Jul 2010
45 Posts
yes. i am 80% complete with this build. awesome buy and plane. retracts and intake installed. if you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me at pheonixarrison@yahoo.com and i will try to help if i can.
pheonixarrison is offline Find More Posts by pheonixarrison
Old Nov 30, 2010, 10:15 PM
Joined Nov 1999
13,526 Posts
Pheonixarrison,

Welcome to RC Groups, post your build we/I would like to see it for sure.

Eric B.
Old Apr 03, 2011, 05:30 PM
Joined Nov 1999
13,526 Posts
Mine has flown last weekend was maiden(from grass), this weekend I flew it 3 times at the Electric Fly In at Lake Charles (LARKS). The setup is a Wemotec Midifan - Nue 1415 1.5Y - 8s 4000mah Turnigy 30c - Turnigy HV100 ESC. Flies good, docile but the cg is a bit forward from where it needs to be and so I will have ot work on that in the coming weeks.

Eric B.
Old Apr 03, 2011, 09:12 PM
Joined Aug 2007
438 Posts
Eric,

Thank you for the flight report. Please let us know where your C/G ends up.

X30
X30PILOT is online now Find More Posts by X30PILOT
Old Apr 04, 2011, 07:46 PM
Joined Nov 1999
13,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by X30PILOT View Post
Eric,

Thank you for the flight report. Please let us know where your C/G ends up.

X30
I marked a CG on the wings at 7 inches from leading edge. IIRC that this came from a thread here on RCG. Its obviously a safe CG and I am 1/2" in front of that(~6.5 inches from leading edge). I am going to work that backwards till I am at the mark.

Eric B.
Old Apr 09, 2011, 06:15 PM
Joined Nov 1999
13,526 Posts
Fifth flight today in 15-20 knot winds. The plane handles it no problem and still working on the CG. The CG today was moved back closer to 7inches from the leading edge, the elevator was much more effective allowing me to raise the nose more to slow it down on landing. Hoping for less wind then I will be able to tell more about the CG, I do know it is still pretty far forward of where it needs to be.
The Midi/Nue 1415 1.5y 8s combination works very well indeed, flew low over the runway at 1/2 throttle, peg the throttle and let it accelerate a little then raise the nose to vertical and climb straight up as long as you want. Certainly not the performance of the full scale F86 but fun anyway...

Eric B.
Last edited by AirX; Apr 09, 2011 at 06:21 PM.
Old Apr 09, 2011, 09:48 PM
Da' Cajun
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Joined Jun 2009
2,864 Posts
Yeah, that thing really hauls the mail. Can't believe y'all were out flying in this wind today.
I was supposed to get some stick time on her last weekend.

hehehe, just kidding.
Too much going on at the fly-in to get it all done. I think the Hun was the only plane I flew twice.
We might make it over to Houston this month, might take it for a spin then.

BTW - The F-100 is repaired and in primer. Should have it painted this coming week.

Julian
Boogie_ is offline Find More Posts by Boogie_
Old Apr 10, 2011, 09:25 AM
Joined Nov 1999
13,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogie_ View Post
Yeah, that thing really hauls the mail. Can't believe y'all were out flying in this wind today.
I was supposed to get some stick time on her last weekend.

hehehe, just kidding.
Too much going on at the fly-in to get it all done. I think the Hun was the only plane I flew twice.
We might make it over to Houston this month, might take it for a spin then.

BTW - The F-100 is repaired and in primer. Should have it painted this coming week.

Julian
Hi Julian,

Sorry about that. I clean forgot, anyway now that I have adjusted the CG it lands a lot slower than the CG placement I had at the flyin.
Come on down and fly it....
The wind does not seem to bother it a bit.
I hope to get a few more 4 cell packs in the next few weeks.

Cool, great to hear the F100 is repaired, definitely bring that airframe as the club memebers are warbird freaks...

Eric B.