HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Dora Nine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 11:36 AM
The sky is my playground.
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-grose View Post
Do you agree that the Super Cub lands easier on the floats than the wheels? I was pleasantly surprised since the Cub was my first float experience. I don't think it can get more fun than float-flying with the Super Cub.

Curious about your wingtips. Did you clip them for any particular reason? I may do that because of some of the chunks missing!
Honestly I don't know what lands easier. I have some monster sized wheels (three inch) on mine...so I never tried the originals. As for the floats, this is my fourth float plane....and certainly the easiest to fly and land.

As for the wing tips, yeah those needed to be trimed because they were looking pretty rough...this is my "goof off" plane. And so I'm constantly doing things that I wouldn't normally do with one of my others. For example, the take-off in the puddle pics. You won't see me doing that with my E-flite Beaver. Hovering is another example. I can't seem to do it with the floats though. So yeah, too much goofing off flying in my neighborhood caused the tips to be cut. I'm also working on flaps..I've got them cut, and I've flown with them, using some foam chunks and tape to hold them down. I just need to order some servos to make them work. Stay tuned.
Dora Nine is offline Find More Posts by Dora Nine
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2010, 11:38 AM
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ.H. View Post
Could you Please tell me what your complete set up is as far as motor, motor mount if there is a specific part number, ESC & what amp, and what battery are you using. Thank You Very Much, PJ.H.

E-Flite 480 1020KV motor
Esc is a 35 amp Electricfly Silver Series
Battery is a Thunderpower 1320 3 cell
Prop is a 11X7E and my buddy is running a 11X5E
Old Nov 15, 2010, 11:41 AM
When's the next fly-in?
Tanner, Alabama
Joined Oct 2003
6,439 Posts
Loving those barn-door flaps! Nice little trick with the foam wedges...very simple and adjustable too! I might have to do that with my beat-up wing. I've got a spare still in the bag hanging on the wall. You've inspired me!

Andy
dee-grose is online now Find More Posts by dee-grose
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 15, 2010, 06:46 PM
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,676 Posts
Thanks, Glad I could help. Honestly even if you get half the angle I did (which I tried first) you'll notice a difference in the flight performance. That being said...max drag is where it's at. What I am aiming for is max drag...short steep landings at a snails' pace. Since parts for this thing are so cheap, I picked up another wing which I may end up trying even longer and thicker/wider flaps. My motor setup is so over powered, I'm pretty certain it'll pull its way through anything.