HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:53 PM
Joined Jan 2013
6 Posts
Its a 64 in glass hull i took off of a wooden `pond yacht` . Not really sure what it is. Maybe someone here can recognize her lines. An Eastcoast 12 rig and sails were a great choice for this hull. Sails very well imo here in Nova Scotia.
Rythem1 is offline Find More Posts by Rythem1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:23 PM
Shanghai, China
Joined Mar 2010
215 Posts
Gee...sorta strange to see all Chinese boats up there in Tasmania while I build Australian designs in Shanghai.
triplane is offline Find More Posts by triplane
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:41 PM
Australia, TAS, Penguin
Joined Mar 2012
461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplane View Post
Gee...sorta strange to see all Chinese boats up there in Tasmania while I build Australian designs in Shanghai.
Agreed.... it seems the members of the local RC flying club here have discovered that sailboats dont need as much work after a crash....

The budget boats are an easy entry point in this situation...
mrpenguin is offline Find More Posts by mrpenguin
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:49 PM
Shanghai, China
Joined Mar 2010
215 Posts
MrPenguin, bet you don't know all fitting / riggings on my IOM are from RSS right at Tasmnia!
Old Jan 22, 2013, 02:39 PM
made of fire and pop rocks
Richmond Virginia
Joined Oct 2009
1,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpenguin View Post
Agreed.... it seems the members of the local RC flying club here have discovered that sailboats dont need as much work after a crash....

The budget boats are an easy entry point in this situation...
Yep, gotta couple of static wing guys in the club, and I can attest that I sail/boat more than I fly on account the boats have less of a tendency to explode into clouds of Balsa dust when you mess up!
bgnome is offline Find More Posts by bgnome
Old Jan 22, 2013, 03:58 PM
Australia, TAS, Penguin
Joined Mar 2012
461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplane View Post
MrPenguin, bet you don't know all fitting / riggings on my IOM are from RSS right at Tasmnia!
Aaahh the joys of international trade... I would guess the IOM fittings might cost as much as one of the Chinese boats....?
mrpenguin is offline Find More Posts by mrpenguin
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:50 PM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,441 Posts
Looks like a Hobbyking Regatta! What is important to keep in mind is that these folks are having a great time and that's the bottom line.
Boomer1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomer1
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:38 PM
Shanghai, China
Joined Mar 2010
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpenguin View Post
Aaahh the joys of international trade... I would guess the IOM fittings might cost as much as one of the Chinese boats....?
merely is....
anyway I enjoy the quality of the SailsEtc stuff
phantoms, moonsoons and legends...all at the price of a rig kit
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:20 PM
Joined May 2012
83 Posts
Hi Triplane ,

What design is that you are building in Shanghei?

Baz.
basildog is offline Find More Posts by basildog
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:31 PM
Shanghai, China
Joined Mar 2010
215 Posts
white boat shown in the picture above is Frank Russell's Goth, with a hard chine hull. pictures in this post is my own design called Xeon, scratch built last year, and am currently working on one of my own design with four hard chines!
Last edited by triplane; Jan 23, 2013 at 07:51 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:41 PM
Joined May 2012
83 Posts
Congratulations - you're making a very nice job of them.

Here on the Gold Coast Australia there has been one delivered and about 4 or 5 more ordered. I've built 2, one for myself - a very good boat. Pity that only club sailors have bought them here - they don't get the accolades they deserve.

Bas.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:48 PM
Shanghai, China
Joined Mar 2010
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by basildog View Post
Congratulations - you're making a very nice job of them.

Here on the Gold Coast Australia there has been one delivered and about 4 or 5 more ordered. I've built 2, one for myself - a very good boat. Pity that only club sailors have bought them here - they don't get the accolades they deserve.

Bas.
Hi Bas
THX for your comment. Since you are in Gold Coast, did you entered the National Regatta last week? Is that Goth with white/green scheme your boat?
I have a Chinese friend who is neighbour of Craig Smith, who sails a NOUX II, I think his sail number is 55, but he was not able to make the Nats...
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:55 PM
Shanghai, China
Joined Mar 2010
215 Posts
Sail number 566 with a hand painted dragon on jib is a Walicki F-5E built by one of the top skipper of China, superb performance in light air, owned by local club member.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:02 PM
Joined May 2012
83 Posts
The green and white one is the Goth I built for a mate. There was also a bright orange one of yours racing - 84 I think.

I was entered but health problems didn't allow me to race. I'd be interested in seeing more pictures of your Britpop knockoff.
Bas.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:38 PM
Joined May 2012
83 Posts
Hi Triplane,
Can you check your private emails please.