SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:53 PM
Kraut
Dolores, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
1,583 Posts
Millertime, I missed the fall colours this years, for photos. They were spectacluar.
The drought started it 4 weeks early and I had no time to go up the river. You can not imagin how dry we are. McPhee is 60 feet down, that is huge and I have had not one boat in the water since June.
You can not sail in those Canyons when the water is that low.

Boomer, if you ever come West, Trout has magic. The winds in the bowl suck, but the place makes up for it.
I just sat on a rock, or walked along the shore to chase the wind.

If I can do it, I will wait for the first good snow and than do a final sail up there.

I plan to take both my schooners.
Schrott is online now Find More Posts by Schrott
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 10:31 PM
Chicago , Illinois
Joined Jul 2008
921 Posts
Schrott

wow-this could be a magazine cover photo- just beautiful !
thorsail is offline Find More Posts by thorsail
Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:35 PM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,515 Posts
[QUOTE=Schrott;22949721
Boomer, if you ever come West, Trout has magic. The winds in the bowl suck, but the place makes up for it. I just sat on a rock, or walked along the shore to chase the wind. If I can do it, I will wait for the first good snow and than do a final sail up there.I plan to take both my schooners.[/QUOTE]

Schrott,
I am pretty much west already (So. CA.) need to go Northeast to get there. By the looks of your surrounding areas, it would be great fun! Have vacationed in Colorado many times over the years - some of the most beautiful places in the country!
Thanks again for the terrific photos!
Boomer
Boomer1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomer1
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:10 AM
Joined Aug 2009
49 Posts
those are amazing pics. beautiful boat, beautiful scenery, and beautiful backdrop
stevezero is offline Find More Posts by stevezero
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:29 AM
If it floats....sail it!
Elk Grove, CA
Joined Sep 2002
4,154 Posts
Sacramento Model Yacht Club Seawind races on 10/7/2012 in patchy and dying wind.

Boat #64, skippered by Dan Cherry, starts off in the middle of line and somehow is the only one to catch a puff. He squeezes out into the clear and runs away from the fleet. After timing the remainder of the fleet with a calendar, the remaining races for the day were canceled, but any day even almost sailing is better than a day doing yard work.

FC
FoamCrusher is offline Find More Posts by FoamCrusher
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:51 AM
Pomona, CA
Joined Apr 2007
691 Posts
These are posted in other threads, but figured I'd add them here too, cause I think they're cool.

Kevin
poltergeist is online now Find More Posts by poltergeist
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:40 AM
Takeoff=Option Landing=Must
USA, NY, Depew
Joined Jan 2009
818 Posts
Trying new rig, but there wasn't enough wind.

Rob
robusp is offline Find More Posts by robusp
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pulsar 3.2E Competition Pro
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:48 PM
made of fire and pop rocks
Richmond Virginia
Joined Oct 2009
1,711 Posts
Some more pics from the Richmond Reg3 seawind regatta a couple of weeks ago.

Mr. Sanders is getting ready for a showing at the Virginia Museum of fine arts, so we are kinda on the back burner for the pics coming out, AND the poor guy had a hard drive failure that messed him up big time preparing for his show.

so, we get them we he has a little extra time. color balancing to meet his minds eye for them, a little bit of HDR blending here and there. it only really takes him no more than five minutes to process a pic, but still... we aint a fancy gallery in a internationally recognized museum
bgnome is offline Find More Posts by bgnome
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:21 PM
Yosef Sailor
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jul 2011
513 Posts
Beautiful work.

Photos like that make me miss my home area even more.

I love this time of year and the photos depict one more reason I really enjoy this hobby.

Thanks for sharing.
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgnome View Post
Some more pics from the Richmond Reg3 seawind regatta a couple of weeks ago.

Mr. Sanders is getting ready for a showing at the Virginia Museum of fine arts, so we are kinda on the back burner for the pics coming out, AND the poor guy had a hard drive failure that messed him up big time preparing for his show.

so, we get them we he has a little extra time. color balancing to meet his minds eye for them, a little bit of HDR blending here and there. it only really takes him no more than five minutes to process a pic, but still... we aint a fancy gallery in a internationally recognized museum
dwatson is offline Find More Posts by dwatson
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:08 AM
United States, NY, Oneonta
Joined Jul 2011
48 Posts
soling 1 meter

to bad winters comming hate to put it away
jbwfire is offline Find More Posts by jbwfire
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:30 PM
United States, IN, Brownsburg
Joined Apr 2006
1,003 Posts
Gotta love a Soling! Yours is especially nice.
HelloScott is offline Find More Posts by HelloScott
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:41 PM
Kraut
Dolores, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
1,583 Posts
Sorry Boomer but you are at the other East Coast , way East from me, West is East of the Sierras
Schrott is online now Find More Posts by Schrott
Old Oct 23, 2012, 02:48 PM
Edmonton, AB.
Joined Sep 2005
11 Posts
1st Time You Tube

I posted on this thread (post #384) before and I just did my first attempt at doing a You Tube Video. A Lady is trying to start a RC Model Boat and Sailing Club in Leduc, Alberta. I did the video as an additional tool to aide her in displaying and convincing the Town Bureaucrats, the "environmentally, unobtrusive footprint" that an RC Sailboat has. They are taking some convincing to granting access to Town ponds for a Sailing venue. As an added benefit to the video maybe help recruit more potential members.

On the first segment of the video, at the helm was a ten year old boy who was passing by in the park with his Mom and had asked if he could have a try at the Helm. He did very well, although he did run aground on the rocks (edited that part out) no damage other then scratched paint. One of many great aspects of this hobby, newbies can be given a Transmitter and can find out first hand how both relaxing and challenging RC Sailing can be.

RC Sailing (6 min 29 sec)

I know my Main needs some reworking. Added some battens and readjustments since, but Sailing Season is over here. Six+ months to built some more boats
Eltoro is offline Find More Posts by Eltoro
Old Oct 23, 2012, 03:34 PM
made of fire and pop rocks
Richmond Virginia
Joined Oct 2009
1,711 Posts
A great looking boat! and a nice video, it should really help the cause.
to secure ponds here in Richmond, I actually brought my boats out to a park event that was hosting the directer of Parks and recreations for my locality. After a long chat about our fathers and their RC plane habits, showing off the boats, and some helm time, he declared all the waters open for boats ( except Nitro, working on that one, one battle at a time ) and in particular sailboats.
bgnome is offline Find More Posts by bgnome
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:04 PM
Germany
Joined Mar 2009
513 Posts
Sprinta Autumn Regatta, Germany 2012

Three of my favourite pics from sailing last weekend near Munich in Germany, one of the guys had seaplane that took movie flying over the fleet while racing ...

Thanks to Torsten Hill for the pics of my Steinlager

Cheers Alan
KoneWone is offline Find More Posts by KoneWone