HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 09, 2011, 07:03 PM
Boca Raton FL
Joined Nov 2010
598 Posts
really? EZ star is better? much smaller airframe. I'd think they're like 2 diff planes.
razorseal is offline Find More Posts by razorseal
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2011, 12:20 AM
France, Aquitaine, Agen
Joined Jul 2011
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADUS63 View Post
I crashed mine on saturday, I was lucky to find it !

http://vimeo.com/28648632
Glad you found your WW2 bomber !

Brice
Brice47 is offline Find More Posts by Brice47
Old Sep 10, 2011, 06:03 AM
Team Basement-RC
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2011
1,950 Posts
Crashed my plane yesterday. Totally my fault. The one time I don't properly follow my checklist, didn't check all servo directions just before takeoff. I accidentally left the OSD menu on. When I launched, I had no control. As I moved the sticks around, of all things it randomly changed the channel assignments. Ailerons now became elevator and so on. I managed to bring it back down, but it rolled hard in the last 10 feet, and cartwheeled a few times.

Tore a corner off the left wing. No other damage. I was very fortunate.
Tracks is online now Find More Posts by Tracks
Old Sep 10, 2011, 12:20 PM
France, Limousin, Limoges
Joined Jul 2009
1,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brice47 View Post
Glad you found your WW2 bomber !

Brice
Thanks
GLADUS63 is offline Find More Posts by GLADUS63
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 10, 2011, 01:13 PM
Boca Raton FL
Joined Nov 2010
598 Posts
So nobody can compare this to the skywalker eh
Old Sep 10, 2011, 01:56 PM
Team Basement-RC
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2011
1,950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorseal View Post
So nobody can compare this to the skywalker eh
I think most people will say the Skywalker is smoother flight but less sturdy.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 02:02 PM
Boca Raton FL
Joined Nov 2010
598 Posts
Hmm. You think the v5 is less sturdy compared to this?
Old Sep 10, 2011, 05:06 PM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
Flew the EPP 5 times today FPV. My spotter was telling me how goofy it looks in the air like in a slip. It is worse with Guardian flying it.

After 3 flights I took out the wedge and flew. Seemed better.

I too have heard about the shorter boom idea though never heard of anyone doing it on RCG.
Tony97 is offline Find More Posts by Tony97
Old Sep 10, 2011, 05:07 PM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorseal View Post
really? EZ star is better? much smaller airframe. I'd think they're like 2 diff planes.
They are like 2 different planes. Easy star tracks perfect. Glides well, low power useage. Small to transport. EPP not as sturdy, tail wobbles, hard to fly coordinated turns. However the EPP has more room to cram all the darn wires, loggers, sensors, and crap I have.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 06:58 PM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
EPP FPV with Eagle Tree OSD, Gaurdian, Eagle Eyes Ground Tracking (15 min 5 sec)

Video from todays flight with the EPP FPV.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 09:45 PM
Stockholm
Joined Sep 2009
290 Posts
Thanks for that tip Tracks & hotglue.
I will use 900Mhz (1,5W) in my EPP.
I use an 3 meter alu pipe as pole for my 5.8Ghz system and it works well.
Now less things to bring. So flying fpv from on a hill or a mountain is bad idea? That's true, Trappy (TeamBlackSheep) always have his station in the
valley when doing the proximity stuff.

Just finishing covering my build with light grey HK film.
Amazing stuff for that price, 8 bucks for 5m. pretty similar to
Oracover. But covering EPP is hard. The fuselage went really well. The wings ok. The control surfaces, not so good. i might strip em and tape them with sprayglue/tape, cut the epp and make
fibertape hinges. Was tempted to use the laminating film I use for my flying wings, but it would be too heavy.

There's a lot of talk about the tail dragging issue, I'm a bank and yank guy myself (wings and jets...), but how is it doing level turns, using rudder and mixing ail to keep it level?
Can this madam fly inverted?

Btw, just finished reading all 68 pages of this thread.
Must say that it's a good mood here.
I'm totally in to multi rotor helis and the vibe is very different
in those threads. (sorry for my improvised english)

/ J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotglue View Post
When the receiver is on the ground it will work better than in the air. The ground reflects the signal back on to the antenna. The lower the freq.. the more it will reflect (bounce). With the lower 900 mhz this works excellent. I started flying with my Receiver on a poll. I would get video glitches while my plane was over certain spots in the field. One day I didn't have the poll so I put the receiver on the ground and all those glitches that I was having were gone. My buddy gets the same glitches on his 2.4 GHz and still does even with receiver on the ground. The higher 2.4 GHz signal does not bounce. That’s why a low freq. is better to use. Low freq will bounce all over the place, even off clouds and the atmosphere.

There is a big different between 900 MHz and 2.4 GHz.

I remember the good old days using CB radios. 4 watts at 27 MHz. In the right conditions I was able to talk thousands of miles away. It was called "SKIP" the signal bounced off the atmosphere. That would never happen with 2.4 GHz.

2.4 GHz is not being used for FPV because it's a good choice. It's being used because the 2.4 GHz chips and Technology are more available mostly because of wireless internet and licensing issues. It's easy to produce a 2.4 transmitter when the modules are already being made by the thousands. Companies produce these 2.4 GHz transmitters mostly for security cameras.

Who would build a FPV Video transmitter on the same Freq as 90% of the RC radios being sold today. Not a good idea.
Jodde73 is offline Find More Posts by Jodde73
Old Sep 10, 2011, 10:04 PM
Team Basement-RC
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2011
1,950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodde73 View Post
Thanks for that tip Tracks & hotglue.
I will use 900Mhz (1,5W) in my EPP.
yesterday I flew 3km and back, and today I went 3.5. It was getting grainy and some snow. I think I've just about reached the limit of my 800mW 900Mhz setup, until I replace the stock antennas. I'll post the video from flying by the nude beach tomorrow night.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 12:01 AM
WHAT U LOOKIN AT!
Penrith, NSW, Australia
Joined Dec 2005
2,646 Posts
please post the footage of the beach lol

so are most saying no wedge??
jaskel is offline Find More Posts by jaskel
Old Sep 11, 2011, 12:11 AM
France, Limousin, Limoges
Joined Jul 2009
1,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodde73 View Post
Can this madam fly inverted?
Yes I did it but just before crash !

EPP FPV CRASH (2 min 45 sec)
GLADUS63 is offline Find More Posts by GLADUS63
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2011, 12:22 AM
The Master of Disaster
Joplin MO
Joined May 2009
168 Posts
Yes what Im saying is that you must change the angle of your wing so that the leading edge of the wing is pointed down more. Either from making a wedge for the back or by cutting the front out of the saddle. Id did post the wrong thing on my other post I did not mean 6 deg I meant 6mm so I went 6mm deep in the front to nothing in the back. As for the pull to the left mine also done this and is easly fixed by stacking washers behind the motor mount you just need to build in some thrust. These are all thing that Ive ran accross before back in the day when I built alot. Its just not something you should run across in a arf plane. but what do expect for 60 bucks. It was rushed to the market, and you have idots reveiwing the thing saying its perfect. It just goes to show that just because they have a camera does not mean they know what they are talking about. If yall need help just PM me and Ill send you some pics of what I have done. By the way the easy star (I have one) does fly great and is capible of singing the gopro (I do all the time) but it is small and has no ailerons and bounces in the wind alot. the sky walker is also a great plane but has a totally different flight charecteristics than the easystar or FPV EPP. Bang for your buck you are much better off to stick with what you got till you smash it.
laborday 2011.wmv (7 min 1 sec)

first link is a easystar the second is a EPP FPV
My MovieJoplin Downtown.wmv (4 min 5 sec)
Jairoblaster is offline Find More Posts by Jairoblaster
Last edited by Jairoblaster; Sep 11, 2011 at 12:25 AM. Reason: wrong link