HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 19, 2011, 08:49 PM
Registered User
Tony97's Avatar
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
Got it figured out

I couldn't find a bolt-on prop adapter. I ended up pushing motor shaft through other side and will put a collet prop adapter on it.

Hope to build this weekend. Also building antenna tracking system at same time.
Tony97 is offline Find More Posts by Tony97
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 21, 2011, 02:57 AM
Registered User
Firatp's Avatar
Turkey, Istanbul
Joined Dec 2010
411 Posts
Hi
I am wondering if I can place a pan/tilt cam, VTX, fy20, DOSD and 3 3s 2200lipo?
Thanks
Firatp is online now Find More Posts by Firatp
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2011, 03:05 AM
Registered User
Slovenija, Cerklje na Gorenjskem
Joined Nov 2008
107 Posts
That is funny question
Do you know what means FPV?
That is this plane made for.
If you are asking about 3X 3s 2200 Yes you can .
sajo is offline Find More Posts by sajo
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2011, 03:15 AM
Registered User
Firatp's Avatar
Turkey, Istanbul
Joined Dec 2010
411 Posts
Thanks for your funny answer 
Firatp is online now Find More Posts by Firatp
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2011, 09:42 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2011
1,289 Posts
LMFAO..

hi, thank you for your question. here is answer...

no you cannot

pan/tilt does not work on this plane (its been designed that way) and VTX is illegal in Istanbul for this plane (skywalker is legal though)..

FY20 doesn't work with HK epp fpv and dosd have been banned by all eastern European block countries and i believe Istanbul will follow suit..

and as for 3 3s... you should be ashamed of yourself.. stop being rude.. this is a public forum you know!!

of course you cannot use 3 3s...



Quote:
Originally Posted by Firatp View Post
Hi
I am wondering if I can place a pan/tilt cam, VTX, fy20, DOSD and 3 3s 2200lipo?
Thanks
PMRfly is offline Find More Posts by PMRfly
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 21, 2011, 01:38 PM
Registered User
Firatp's Avatar
Turkey, Istanbul
Joined Dec 2010
411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMRfly View Post
LMFAO..

hi, thank you for your question. here is answer...

no you cannot

pan/tilt does not work on this plane (its been designed that way) and VTX is illegal in Istanbul for this plane (skywalker is legal though)..

FY20 doesn't work with HK epp fpv and dosd have been banned by all eastern European block countries and i believe Istanbul will follow suit..

and as for 3 3s... you should be ashamed of yourself.. stop being rude.. this is a public forum you know!!

of course you cannot use 3 3s...
Thanks for your funnier answers.
These wrong answers will mislead the members as you already know this is a public forum.
Will also make so unhappy HK, they will lose sales.
Will make you banned by forum management because of your offensive behavior.
I asked this question also for another planes as a part of search and I received many friendly, helpful answers.
If the real reason of this behavior is normal for an Anzac, I show respect. You may still have pain. 
As you said this is a public forum, help if you can like many members did, or mind forum rules and keep yourself quite.

Here I am trying to make a decision between three FPV platforms. Sure after decision I will share my results with people here.
Firatp is online now Find More Posts by Firatp
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2011, 02:35 PM
Registered User
Kerbob's Avatar
Knoxville, TN
Joined Apr 2008
920 Posts
Firatp,
If you're still deciding on an FPV plane for your first FPV platform, I would highly recommend *against* the EPP FPV. Start with something that is relatively cheap and, more importantly, self leveling (i.e. Skywalker, Easystar, Sky Surfer would be excellent choices if you have heavy gear. Slowstick is great if your gear is very light).
I have an EPP FPV and have switched my gear to an Easystar until I get very comfortable with my kit. The EPP FPV required some mods, mentioned in this thread, to fly well. However, even with them, the EPP FPV was a mah guzzler that was touchy and inconsistant. This is based on my own experience having been doing FPV for about 6 months.
Good luck.
Kerbob is offline Find More Posts by Kerbob
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2011, 02:38 PM
Registered User
doggit's Avatar
northenden, manchester, england
Joined May 2009
1,443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMRfly View Post
LMFAO..

hi, thank you for your question. here is answer...

no you cannot

pan/tilt does not work on this plane (its been designed that way) and VTX is illegal in Istanbul for this plane (skywalker is legal though)..

FY20 doesn't work with HK epp fpv and dosd have been banned by all eastern European block countries and i believe Istanbul will follow suit..

and as for 3 3s... you should be ashamed of yourself.. stop being rude.. this is a public forum you know!!

of course you cannot use 3 3s...
i dont understand, FPV is not a fixed hobby, just because something has been designed in a curtain way doesnt mean someone cannot fabricate a solution and use it, FPV is all about changing, making and overcoming problems and fabricating something to help the person add something to a build, and why does FY20 not work on HK EPP ?
carl
doggit is offline Find More Posts by doggit
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2011, 02:44 PM
Registered User
doggit's Avatar
northenden, manchester, england
Joined May 2009
1,443 Posts
i thought the skywalker was a higher priced platform than the EPP FPV platform
carl
doggit is offline Find More Posts by doggit
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2011, 02:47 PM
Team Basement-RC
Tracks's Avatar
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2011
1,950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggit View Post
i thought the skywalker was a higher priced platform than the EPP FPV platform
carl
A Skywalker build is quite a bit more expensive that an EPP FPV, but the consensus is that it's worth the extra money.
Tracks is online now Find More Posts by Tracks
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2011, 03:04 PM
Registered User
doggit's Avatar
northenden, manchester, england
Joined May 2009
1,443 Posts
tracks i only mentioned that because kerbob said
Quote:
Start with something that is relatively cheap and, more importantly, self leveling (i.e. Skywalker, Easystar, Sky Surfer would be excellent choices if you have heavy gear
carl
doggit is offline Find More Posts by doggit
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2011, 03:19 PM
Registered User
Firatp's Avatar
Turkey, Istanbul
Joined Dec 2010
411 Posts
I tried skywalker as my first fpv platform. Unfortunately its wings were so weak and couldn't stand. the newer versions have more strength wings. (you can watch it's fate at YouTube search for "death of skywalker")
Also I fond SW so weak and difficult to steer with ailerons. Only positive side, has plenty of space for fpv gear. After SW For the second one, I have chosen Falcon flying wing which I liked so much because easy to steer and has very good gliding character. But has very limited space for fpv gear. Now i focused on three models which are HK EPP FPV, HK bixler BEVRC and SW but newest version.
Thanks for your friendly answers, really appreciated





---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=37.247578,27.608414
Firatp is online now Find More Posts by Firatp
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2011, 03:52 PM
Registered User
Tony97's Avatar
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
Boom Length

How far in the fuse do you glue the tail boom?
Tony97 is offline Find More Posts by Tony97
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2011, 05:00 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2011
1,289 Posts
dude, you crack me up. do me a favour... research the word.. "Sarcasm"...

Oh and read the thread dude.. instead of asking such silly questions..

;-)



Quote:
Originally Posted by Firatp View Post
Thanks for your funnier answers.
These wrong answers will mislead the members as you already know this is a public forum.
Will also make so unhappy HK, they will lose sales.
Will make you banned by forum management because of your offensive behavior.
I asked this question also for another planes as a part of search and I received many friendly, helpful answers.
If the real reason of this behavior is normal for an Anzac, I show respect. You may still have pain. 
As you said this is a public forum, help if you can like many members did, or mind forum rules and keep yourself quite.

Here I am trying to make a decision between three FPV platforms. Sure after decision I will share my results with people here.
PMRfly is offline Find More Posts by PMRfly
Last edited by PMRfly; Aug 21, 2011 at 06:32 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 21, 2011, 05:02 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2011
1,289 Posts
dude, i was takin the p**s out of his silly question..


Quote:
Originally Posted by doggit View Post
i dont understand, FPV is not a fixed hobby, just because something has been designed in a curtain way doesnt mean someone cannot fabricate a solution and use it, FPV is all about changing, making and overcoming problems and fabricating something to help the person add something to a build, and why does FY20 not work on HK EPP ?
carl
PMRfly is offline Find More Posts by PMRfly
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! how to fix this hobby king plane gazza2003au Australia 29 Mar 15, 2011 11:16 PM
Discussion Hobby King New FPV plane bignose13 FPV Aircraft 141 Nov 24, 2010 01:04 AM
Discussion New EPP FPV plane catamar FPV Aircraft 9 Oct 12, 2010 05:29 PM
Discussion Hobby King FPV help! Polarity for RX? Rooster433 FPV Talk 6 Oct 10, 2010 07:24 PM
Discussion Hobby King Christen Eagle Aerobatic Micro plane EPP Kit w/ Motor & ESC TopFoam Micro Ready-to-Fly 3 Apr 18, 2010 06:00 PM