HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:26 PM
Semper Fi
United States, CA, Rancho Cucamonga
Joined Mar 2009
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by woreoutpilot View Post
I love the video...Do you depict how to make this modification?
Check these two posts:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1851

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1857
greedyg76 is online now Find More Posts by greedyg76
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:23 PM
"Every boy has a dream to fly"
Fort Collins Colorado
Joined Sep 2009
510 Posts
A new re-built EPP-FPV is reborn from a terrible crash!!! I flew it today and good as new! will post video, I balanced my prop and I am still getting on board vibrations.
Airplanekid333 is offline Find More Posts by Airplanekid333
Old Jan 05, 2013, 01:21 PM
Fort Collins Colorado
Joined Sep 2009
510 Posts
EPP-FPV first flight (4 min 57 sec)
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:02 PM
Fort Collins Colorado
Joined Sep 2009
510 Posts
EPP-FPV CRUISER (4 min 5 sec)

enjoy
Old Jan 12, 2013, 07:03 PM
Australia, WA, Mandurah
Joined Apr 2012
11 Posts
Maidened my new gopro, didn't fpv as I was worried about crashing it first time out.

Wasn't up long before a large eagle started harassing me, so I brought it back down before it took me out, got a good pic of him though.

FPV Plane Vs Eagle (1 min 52 sec)

Go easy on me this is my first vid.
corrupt is offline Find More Posts by corrupt
Last edited by corrupt; Jan 12, 2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:32 AM
Computer geek
Joined Jul 2012
35 Posts
This is my build for the EPP-FPV

I havn't maidened it yett, there are a few more things to do. Mainly finetrimming and cable management.

Instead of rubberband retention (I don't put mutch faith in rubberband on a 2kg plane able to pull a few G's. I know it works but I don't like it).
So I'm holding it in place with a 3mm Ply + 0,8mm alu L-profile epoxied to the wing. Tool less design.
Also epoxied some cable holders to secure the canopy with rubberbands.

Home-made landing gear, 0,8mm alu held in place with 3 screws through plastic walplugs that are epoxied in the fuselage. Wheels are made of 2xFanta/CocaCola cap hubs, EPO lined with paper tube rims and foam tires made out from some packing material. All in all a wights of 108g.

Powered by a Turnigy 35-42 1250kv turning a 10*7 prop yielding 2,3kg of thrust! (overkill, will probbably prop down later but starting with power over flighttime). Plush 60A speed controller and joice from 2x2200 3s in paralell.

I split the aileron in two for outer aileron with gyro stabilisation and inner flaperons from TX mix

Stock carbon fiber rods and tubes, here you see the ply/alu retention as well as the guide holes for the carbon rods in the fuselage making sure that the wing is allways in the exact same position, and keeps the wings tight together.

You can see the carbon rods glues into the fuselage that guide the wings to a secure position.

Most of it can be packed together into the original box, all exept the tail that is fixed in position.

Withou GoPro and with batteries all the way front I have a CG right under the front wingspar, is that what you recommend? With GoPro the batteries can be moved back, kept in place with hooks n loops.
Fluf77 is offline Find More Posts by Fluf77
Old Jan 24, 2013, 04:14 PM
Fort Collins Colorado
Joined Sep 2009
510 Posts
very nice build. I like how you kept your foam cockpit and modify it around your gopro mount and keep the aerodynamics. the cg is just a few mm after the first carbon spars (as seen from leading edge).
Old Jan 24, 2013, 04:38 PM
Computer geek
Joined Jul 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airplanekid333 View Post
very nice build. I like how you kept your foam cockpit and modify it around your gopro mount and keep the aerodynamics. the cg is just a few mm after the first carbon spars (as seen from leading edge).
The GoPro mount is actually the original Bixler FPV mount (or whats left of it) glued stright to the foam + modified top canopy. The red part needs a hook for the rubber band as well, right now it only one magnet holding it in place.

Thank you, Right now it's at the edge towards the leading edge of the front spar, so moving the batteries back some, especially when the GoPro is on I'm home safe.

Never thought I would have to move the CG aft on this plane. On the other hand, it leaves headroom to mount the GPS way back when OSD+RTH is comming onboard.

X-ing fingers for decent weather this saturday. Latest forecast is cloudy, -2 C and 5-7m/s wind. A bit windy for maiden, but ought to work.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 04:39 PM
Fort Collins Colorado
Joined Sep 2009
510 Posts
nice! yeah i am hoping for good weather too. I am going for a long distance fpv flight.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:14 AM
Computer geek
Joined Jul 2012
35 Posts
Hobby King EPP-FPV 1,8m airframe
NTM Prop Drive Series 35-42A 1250Kv 600W
TURNIGY Plush 60amp Speed Controller
Master Airscrew propeller 10x7 3-blade pusher propeller
2x2200mAh 25-35C 3S LiPo in paralell
RX3S OrangeRX 3-Axis Flight Stabilizer V2
6x Turnigy XGD-10HM Digital Micro Servo 2.2kg / 10g
Flying weight about 2kg
Propeller static thrust 2,3kg
Turnigy 9x with ER9x software
FrSky DHT-U transmitter
FrSky D8R-II Plus with Telemetry receiver

Maiden flight, it was way to windy and I had way too much gain on the gyros, thus the wobbling. Also I had accidentally reversed the rudder input.

Will just need a calm day to trim things in and this will fly as a barge carrying photographic equipment
Too much Gain - Maiden flight (1 min 44 sec)

Also my mixing of flaperons+aileron
Flaperons + Aileron mix (0 min 49 sec)
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:44 PM
Fort Collins Colorado
Joined Sep 2009
510 Posts
hey where did you get that prop?
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:17 PM
Computer geek
Joined Jul 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airplanekid333 View Post
hey where did you get that prop?
Here
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=8098

For simple connect/disconnect of the 4 servos in the wings I used some Displayport male/female I had. Works excellent

Old Feb 20, 2013, 06:50 PM
Raggistored Usehr
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,059 Posts
I hope to have my EPP FPV up and running again within two weeks. I switched out the hk esc and ubec, with one of the Turnigy trust esc's. It will be a much cleaner setup with only a few wires compared to before. I also sold the flysky receiver because I'm switching all my LOS planes over to Orangerx. Once the orangex receiver arrives, I will finally be able to capture some video with the Gopro black edition.
gooby is offline Find More Posts by gooby
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:15 PM
Un Registered User
Canada, BC, Chilliwack
Joined Feb 2013
174 Posts
That. Is. A. MONSTER.
Doodie is offline Find More Posts by Doodie
Old Feb 21, 2013, 12:10 PM
Fort Collins Colorado
Joined Sep 2009
510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooby View Post
I hope to have my EPP FPV up and running again within two weeks. I switched out the hk esc and ubec, with one of the Turnigy trust esc's. It will be a much cleaner setup with only a few wires compared to before. I also sold the flysky receiver because I'm switching all my LOS planes over to Orangerx. Once the orangex receiver arrives, I will finally be able to capture some video with the Gopro black edition.
I just switched to ORANGE RX's too! Haven't had any problems with them! I got about 5 miles of range with my 2.4ghz booster.